Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-12-2006, 08:32 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Dunsmuir , California
CA to New Brunswick - help us plan

Hello everyone. Marian, my wife, Jacques the DDB (Douge de Bordeaux), and I will be taking off on an adventure at the end of August or early September. We want to head north and east from here (California, near the Oregon border) with the eventual destination being New Brunswick and thereabouts. From there we expect to head south through New England and most likely take a southern route back to California.

We're looking for suggestions for particular routes to take and or stops we should make along the way. We will be in the Silver Slug (1984 Airstream 310 Limited MH) and towing the Silver Box (2006 Scion xB). We both fly fish (but Jacques can't seem to get the timing right on his cast) and would like to make fishing part of this trip - so we're looking for fishing suggestions along our route.

We would also enjoy attending any Forum events which we may be close to as well as opportunities to meet other forum members along the way.

We'd also like to hear about special/favorite eating spots especially those with ethnic or regional specialties.

Thanks,
Guy

1984 310 Limited Motorhome
Courtesy Parking (W/S/E/Wi-Fi) on I-5 in Northern California, 70 miles from Oregon border
guy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 06:21 AM   #2
Riviting Espresso

1978 25' Caravanner
Boca Raton , Florida
Send a message via AIM to ColdEspresso Send a message via Yahoo to ColdEspresso
It depends what route you are going. My wife & I fish as well. TN and KY have great trout streams. On of my favorites is Caney Fork in TN. It is right off of I-40 about 45 minutes east of Nashville. If you are going that far south you will have a good fish. You can walk in right from the rest area off the highway. Make sure that you go early as the TVA turns on the generators at the dam about 8AM.
1978 Caravanner
2002 Chevy Avalanche Z71
2009 VW Sportwagen TDi
Rancilio Espresso Machine w/ Rocky Grinder
ColdEspresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:02 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Sounds like a great trip! If you use the search feature on the menu strip above, you should find several threads where the forum has discussed trips East-West and reversed(!), discussing highlights along the way, including fishing. Many talk about the routes through Montana or Wyoming, Idaho, Colorado and so on. Happy reading and here's to the trip of your lifetime ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:28 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Dunsmuir , California
Fly Fishing in and around Hood River?

Well, we set out yesterday, made it as far as Eugene. Hoping to head to Hood River tomorrow if we can work out a wrinkle with the rig.

Any suggestions for Fly Fishing in the Hood River area?

1984 310 Limited Motorhome
Courtesy Parking (W/S/E/Wi-Fi) on I-5 in Northern California, 70 miles from Oregon border
guy99 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Hydro | Top | Interstate 86 »