Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-30-2014, 07:09 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Best Niagara Falls Campgrounds?

Hello all, I'm looking for some help/recommendations on nice campgrounds in Ontario around Niagara Falls. We're thinking of making a trip up to Niagara Falls this summer, probably about a week. We would like to stay in a nice campground with full hookups in Canada. We want to make one or two day trips to Toronto sightseeing and visiting the Hockey Hall of Fame.

We would be camping with two kids (9 & 12), but the dogs will be staying home.

Sorry, I''m sure this has been discussed before, however my forum search results were not providing much help.

Thanks!
Eric
Emerson75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
EnglishGirl

2000 31' Excella
Milton , Ontario
Check out this website it lists most of the campgrounds in Ontario. Search by region, chose Niagara. All the campsites are listed with links to the website, all amenities listed you should find a park you will enjoy.

http://www.campinginontario.ca
Englishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:22 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Thanks Englishgirl!

Well naturally after creating this thread I performed a Google forum search and got the search results I was looking for originally. I certainly would welcome any recommendations, however I have now found a lot of good info that has already been shared.

Thanks,
Eric
Emerson75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:10 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Classic
Austin , Texas
We stayed at Scotts RV park at Niagara Falls in August 2012. It was quite, open and nice, no great features, but we were just needing a few days to stay. We spent all our time outside the park and were able to get around on the public transportation which stopped right across the street. I was happy with it for what we were doing.
Bbelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Buffalo , New York
I am very biased (I've lived in Buffalo mostly my whole life and have spent a lot of time in Niagara Falls and Southern Ontario) and in my experience there's a limited amount of things to do in Niagara Falls.

I would stay at Pleasant Beach (Pleasant Beach Campground) or Sherkston (Ontario Camping - Ontario Campgrounds | Sherkston) and spend time at those beautiful beaches on Lake Erie. Both are 15-20 minutes from Niagara Falls. The location is perfectly central to go wherever you want to go and you will be happy to stay put on nice days and just go to the beach.

Toronto is incredible and about my favorite city in North America. I am involved in putting on a music festival there July 4-6, if you are there at that time. It's a less than an hour and a half from NF/So.Ontario. And I absolutely love the hockey hall of fame! Definitely worth the whole trip alone!
DonnyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:35 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1977 23' Safari
Niagara on the Lake , Ontario
I've never camped in Niagara Falls, because I work here! I can however recommend restaurants and attractions. Definitely spend some time in Niagara on the Lake, I'm biased as a resident, but it is one of the prettiest towns in Canada.

The campgrounds in Niagara Falls are best used for a base of operations while you go sightseeing, not the best parks as destinations. Sherkston and Vine Ridge are more of the Resort type of campgrounds.

Outside of Niagara, Ontario has some beautiful provincial park, and they get nicer the further north you go. Provincial parks don't have full hookups, electric only.

4 Mile Creek State Park in Lewiston NY is one of our favorite getaways across the river, and only 20min from Niagara Falls Canada.

I recommend you take the Rainbow Bridge in to Canada, keep left and follow the sign for busses and RV's, it takes you around the other side of the building, and is usually much faster than the normal lanes. Otherwise check the bridge crossing info online to avoid a long bridge wait.
AldeanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:20 PM   #7
EnglishGirl

2000 31' Excella
Milton , Ontario
Hi,

While we have never camped in Niagara Falls we have stayed at NET Camping Resort. We have a friend that's a seasonal there and go down a couple of times a year. It's a nice park with lots of open space. It's in Vineland middle of wine country...about 30 mins from Niagara Falls.
Englishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote