Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
Northeastern , Kentucky
How does the curtain do in terms of keeping water off the bathroom floor? Do you find there is much overspray since there isn't much room for overlap due to the shower opening being so close to the vertical part of the seat?
KYAirstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
1950 22' Liner
Powhatan , Virginia
The shower pan in ours had about a 3 inch edge that comes out from the seat and the wall is a little farther. The other side only has a 1 inch overlap on it but we haven't had any water spray issues.
Proud to be Air #37137
Bowmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:13 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1955 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Great Lake State , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowmans View Post
mikvw,
We used PVC panels from a box store (1/8 thick), cut them to cover the walls,
We also used the panels from home depot, very easy to work with.

toastie
toastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #44
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Excella 500
Zavalla , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowmans View Post

Your pictures inspired me to attempt to try something like this myself now that I've learned about the Kreg pocket hole system and think that might give me the ability to actually have a shot at success. I am going to use birch. How did you trim the curved edge toward the ceiling? Or are the partitions/walls kind of floating at the top? I'm redoing a 77 that had laminates and aluminum channel, but I kind of want to go more to a pure wood look.
CA_Tallguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:19 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
1950 22' Liner
Powhatan , Virginia
I used 3/4" x 3/4" strips of wood to mount the partitions to the aluminum. I avoided using channels this way. All of the strips are hidden inside cabinets. Some are only about 5" long where the curves are tightest.
Proud to be Air #37137
Old 12-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #46
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Excella 500
Zavalla , Texas
Is that what you did then at the top of the partition between the shower and the sink? I'm having a little trouble seeing where to hide the mounting strip there as the wall looks thin.

In the picture I reposted in my last response it looks like a screw is going up through the panel on the sink side into the ceiling, perhaps as a temporary tie into the ceiling there? The only way I can imagine having that strip to anchor to in that area might be if the white shower panel on the outer wall to the ceiling was kind of shimmed with strips of that width, so the whit panel would go into the shims and the frame could screw onto it on a side as well. Or I guess the strip could be on the surface at the top of the shower on there?

I can see the sink cabinet would provide support half way up the wall but I'm not sure about the best approach at the top of that one.
WBCCI #1711
Texas Gulf Coast Unit, Texas Airstream Harbor
Angelina National Forest, Zavalla, TX
Old 12-12-2012, 04:29 PM   #47
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Excella 500
Zavalla , Texas
Also, what are those white screw caps and can I get them at Home Depot? Just wondering what to ask for or what aisle to find them. Or if they are a specialty item from somewhere.
WBCCI #1711
Texas Gulf Coast Unit, Texas Airstream Harbor
Angelina National Forest, Zavalla, TX
Old 12-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #48
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
1950 22' Liner
Powhatan , Virginia
The right wall of the shower is anchored under the cabinet and then the top is anchored behind the plastic light mold. The hallway wall where the shower is was anchored to the floor with dowels, then the top has the anchor inside the shower. It is also anchored to the left partition on the kitchen side since there is a double wall there.

The white covers are just plastic screw caps. Home Depot should have them in the hardware area. I believe they were in the special hardware drawers they have where the rubber washers are.
Proud to be Air #37137