Old 05-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #15

1972 25' Tradewind
Hammond , Louisiana
photos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsy View Post
This was what I bought for my 64 tradewind.

Do you have a photo of the sofa in your camper?
Thanks
Janie

Old 06-25-2010, 04:37 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Graham , Washington
Hi Robert, I am pretty new here too. My husband and I are removing the gaucho from the front (replacing it with two recliners) of our '72 Overlander and using it to convert our mid double size pull-out to two twin beds. We measured it and it will fit perfectly in length-hopefully width. We will not use both beds completely pulled out but keep them in the twin-size positions on both sides made up as beds. However, if we need more sleeping space- one or the other can be converted to their full size. Adding the extra twin bed to the middle of the trailer will require some repositioning of closet/storage space and the refrigerator. But it looks doable. (fingers crossed-ha!)
Hope this gives you some ideas.

"Promise me you'll always remember;
You're braver than you believe, and
Stronger than you seem, and
Smarter than you think"
-Christopher Robin to Pooh
hollymaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:02 AM   #17

1979 25' Tradewind
denison , Texas
Send a message via AIM to nu2as
**Update** I started this post in the Spring and have finally found my replacement for my gaucho! After much shopping online, reading others posts, taking into consideration "tongue weight" and working around our inverter and battery that protrudes inside our AS I have made a purchase!!!
We completly gutted the gaucho and all side wall componants (pull out table) put new carpet in entire AS. (Not our first choice but a good one for now so we can enjoy our AS right away) Lowes remnants...$45.00 for entire AS!!! And now we have a new sofa(not a sleeper) that fits perfectly into the space!! I am so excited!!! We shopped at Ikea looking at all futons and how they would work in our space. Ended up looking at sofas. Karltrop and Ektorp are their names. weird....anyway. Once we found one we liked and knew would fit we came back home and I began the search on Craigslist. Found one right away. purchased for $175.00 as apposed to $400.00. It was less than a year old and in perfect condition.
Ours is white and I have purchased new cushion covers off of ebay 1/2 price as well in a light tan/brown color. Sofa is light weight and easily fit through the AS door. Check it out.....well you could if I could figure out how to insert pics!!??? HELP!
Old 07-16-2010, 06:55 AM   #18

1972 25' Tradewind
Hammond , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2as View Post
**Update** Check it out.....well you could if I could figure out how to insert pics!!??? HELP!
Have you figured out how do attach a photo yet? I would love to see your new sofa in the airstream.
Thanks
Janie
Old 07-16-2010, 07:12 AM   #19

1979 25' Tradewind
denison , Texas
Send a message via AIM to nu2as
New Sofa for my AS!!! Thank you ikea!

OK, I think I just figured this out....let's see if it works and let me know what you think! I also just received my new sofa covers so when I get a moment to put them on I will take new pics and post them.

Name:   P7100044.JPG
Views: 814
Size:  42.3 KB

Name:   P7100045.JPG
Views: 748
Size:  39.2 KB

Name:   P7100046.JPG
Views: 767
Size:  39.6 KB

Name:   P7100047.JPG
Views: 755
Size:  38.0 KB
Old 08-21-2015, 05:43 PM   #20
4 Rivet Member

1988 32.5' Airstream 325
Vista , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2as View Post
OK, I think I just figured this out....let's see if it works and let me know what you think! I also just received my new sofa covers so when I get a moment to put them on I will take new pics and post them.

Attachment 106886

Attachment 106887

Attachment 106888

Attachment 106889
Your photos did not work. Try again?

(19 recently revised from 20, revised from 23, revised from 22. Even the VA is a work in process)
PammieSue is offline   Reply With Quote