Old 08-27-2004, 12:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Now wouldn't it be neat to retro fit this table into one of those 50's units.

Has anyone seen a table like this? Trying to put an actual date on it.

She is slated for our - get a load of this - "BunkAir" our latest idea - when are we ever going to find the time.

Before we bought the new GT-A/S our Bunkie - as we call it - like a little cabin guest house thingy -was slated for a big reno job this spring to be winterized and redecorated into my new office- it has is a rough hemlock white washed walls and a plywood floor - but the outside looks great. I think I mentioned it in another post - can't remember - but we are going to replicate somewhat the inside of a 50's A/S.

Apparently the person who milled and built our house lived in the Bunkie during the contruction stage. Gees hope it was in the 3 seasons or he'd have been pretty darn cold.

Anyway have a look at this table and see if someone can give me an idea of a year.

Thanks - SPK
I found your post while trying to find more chairs to go with my own table...I have no idea what forum I am on, lol...but the table you have pictured is a 1950's table, the formica pattern is called "cracked ice". I live in Portland OR and work in a vintage shop where we sell these types of diner tables quite a bit. Red is the most sought after color, and worh the most. I just bought a gray set (table, leaf and two chairs) for $145.00 and that was a discounted price. We recently sold a red set, 6 chairs, leaf and table all in very good condition for $650.00..and it flew out of the store. That set was the basic common style..what you have looks different and I would guess worth more.
Type in your search engine the words "cracked Ice vinyl or formica" and you will find quite a few sources.

Old 08-27-2004, 12:50 PM   #16
Craftsman

I'm pretty sure the early laminates were made from layers of brown paper impregnated `with resins. You can actually see the layers in a broken piece. The pattterns were just another of the top layers with the clear resins covering it. Probably heated and pressed.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:12 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Now wouldn't it be neat to retro fit this table into one of those 50's units.

Has anyone seen a table like this? Trying to put an actual date on it.

She is slated for our - get a load of this - "BunkAir" our latest idea - when are we ever going to find the time.

Before we bought the new GT-A/S our Bunkie - as we call it - like a little cabin guest house thingy -was slated for a big reno job this spring to be winterized and redecorated into my new office- it has is a rough hemlock white washed walls and a plywood floor - but the outside looks great. I think I mentioned it in another post - can't remember - but we are going to replicate somewhat the inside of a 50's A/S.

Apparently the person who milled and built our house lived in the Bunkie during the contruction stage. Gees hope it was in the 3 seasons or he'd have been pretty darn cold.

Anyway have a look at this table and see if someone can give me an idea of a year.

Thanks - SPK
not sure on the year, it seems that it would fit in the 50s though. that is how i am going to style my trailer with that sort of table and black and white checkered flooring.
Old 09-03-2004, 04:01 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

1983 34' Limited
Las Vegas , Nevada
Send a message via MSN to dmadam
checkered flooring

You caught my eye with the checkered flooring. I am doing the same. Am doin the upholstery in black/white stripes and the counter, backsplash and table top will be stainless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki
not sure on the year, it seems that it would fit in the 50s though. that is how i am going to style my trailer with that sort of table and black and white checkered flooring.