Originally Posted by Keyholeren
I have a '67 Safari with what I presume to be the original univolt. It was fine this morning, but suddenly quit. I did find an internal fuse and replaced it. Everytime I power up (city power) the new fuse blows. Any ideas?
I see three probabilities:
1- The battery is connected backwards, as was mentioned in the previous post. Check polarity and go from there.
2- You have a serious short in the low voltage system. Check your lights, fans, motors, etc, and repair as needed. Especially look at the wiring between the Univolt and the battery.
3- The Univolt is dead. Long live the Univolt.