Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-25-2011, 08:46 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
HOUSE SPRINGS , MO
I love that the "tricked out tailgaters" are watching Thomas the Tank Engine!!!

Tina
Old 08-25-2011, 09:09 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Well, all the upcoming questions & issues aside, you really have a unique trailer there & certainly the attention of many people on this forum!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Birmingham , Alabama
You have a very cool Airstream!
UAPachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:30 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2012 16' International
2015 25' FB International
Milwaukie , Oregon
Love this story!! What cute boys you have, too...and watching Thomas

The Small Small Trailer
valmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #25

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrero View Post
You are correct, more questions. I promise one at a time. The next one is around the grey system. I am new to campers as well. It seems like they just have the sink running to a blue container but the water supply is the same as my garden hose hookup. I am not sure that is right. I need a hose that has the female connector on both sides. Is that normal? The bathroom is only a small porta potty. It does have an LCD tv in there though. OK for tailgating but I want to convert it to a full bath at some time.

The problem is the trailer is at my parents house an hour away so photos are a little difficult now.
It sounds like the plumbing was heavily modified. It's going to be hard to say much about it without pictures.

A trailer of that age would have started with a real toilet plumbed to a black tank and the water from all the sinks (which we call grey water) would have run out to the ground through the same outlet as the black tank valve - but the grey water runs out even when the black tank valve is closed. Back in the day that was ok, but not now. Now we run our grey water into an external holding tank like this.

The plumbing in vintage AS is similar to house systems - copper pipes, J traps under the sink, vent pipes through the ceiling, things like that.

I have to LOL that they downgraded your bathroom facilities, but added an LCD TV

Take a look at this site and you should be able to find original versions of your model so you can see what used to be there. It might give you some ideas for a future bathroom remodel.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #26

Currently Looking...
Amagansett , New York
Tricked out Trailer

Hi, I just happened to be surfing the web looking for pictures of this to show a friend and came across this forum. I built that trailer for the Food Network. If you want the real information, you can contact me at 36velo@gmail.com. I am soon happy that someone got it and is able to use it!
36velo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #27
Tenkara Fly Angler

1975 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Vernon , Texas
Great buy! Looks like the ultimate AS man cave!!! Still trying to talk my wife it sat tv for ours so I can watch football this season whilst on the road...
WBCCI #8578
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote