Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #1

2010 23' International
Hayward , California
New Airstream.... Whats a fair price for 2011 International 25?

First off, I wanted to thank everyone here on the forum for sharing your experiences and helpful tips. We've been reading the forum for a while to supplement our research on our purchase.

I am happy to announce that after several RV shows, hours and miles of driving to different RV dealerships and more calls and telephone conversations than I would ever want to have with different sale departments and service departments, we are about to pull the trigger on a new 2011 International 25FB.

The tow vehicle is on order and the Airstream factory order sheet has been completed. We're about to fax it in... was waiting until after Thanksgiving to really think it over again (not that we haven't for the past year).

So, I'd like some advice or sound off from everyone. We're being offered the following deal:

2011 FB INTL
CONVECTION MICRO W/3 BURNER
TV INSTALL BEDROOM
WINDOW AWNING PKG

YELLOWSTONE 00026

DEALER SOLAR PANELS
DUAL FANTASTIC FANS

for 68K. Is this a fair price? Do you think we should go back for yet another round of negotiation?

We look forward to meeting everyone someday and sharing our experiences with other newbies (after a few trips under our belts)... In the meantime, we'll continue to follow the advice of other more experienced airstreamers here...

Many thanks in advance...
wittyfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:53 AM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

First off, welcome to the Forums. We're glad to have you with us.

As to your model choice, we have a 2005 25FB that we have spent over 750 nights in, and have towed almost 70,000 miles. It's a great floor plan that we have not tired of.

As to the price you have been quoted, how does it compare to the MSRP? Usually, deals are calculated as a percentage of the list price'

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 08:58 AM   #3
SRW
TEXAS66

Georgetown , Texas
We bought a new 2008 28' International Ocean Breeze. It was built specifically for us, but in fact had minor changes from the base model.

I will share the details on the purchase including what we paid vs the list price if you contact me with a private message.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
The idea of a "fair" price is a relative thing, isn't it? Two guys go in to buy a trailer and are quoted the same price. One thinks it is a good deal while the other gets insulted and storms out of the office.

Personally, I think it is a good, if not great, deal if I can afford it and if I am happy with it. I try not to let myself get in a hurry to buy so my reasoning abilities are not clouded.

We were ready to pull the trigger on a 2008 model at 57K but decided that we would look at the used market a little longer. Picked up a 2006 for just at 40K and feel good about the direction we went. Of course I also purchased a brand new Tundra in '08 that others thought I paid too much for. Again, it is a relative thing.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 09:45 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Loretto , Ontario
Pull the trigger. You can become obsesses worring if you got the best deal.
Naper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 10:10 AM   #6
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Because there are many different models with a variety of options, it's hard to say what is a "fair" price. For example, if this has solar "panels", that's somewhat more than the usual option of one panel.

Brian has it right—what's the percentage of MSRP? I think the most common range is 15-20% off MSRP with better deals off season and depending on how bad the local economy is. There should be more room for the dealer to discount options than the trailer. In California there may be no off season.

And when you finally buy, don't look back. Someone else will get a better deal somewhere and some dealer will sell exactly the same thing for a bit less, but you did the best you can. And, once you have it, you can be assured you will be spending more for toys for it.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:23 PM   #7

2010 23' International
Hayward , California
Thanks everyone for your help.. We've faxed in the form and now the waiting begins for both our TV and AS... Am excited, scared, anxious.. BUT very much looking forward to joining the cool Airstreamers... You're right, I'm going to stop thinking about what's a good price; we're happy with it, the dealer is happy with it.. And in the end, it falls within the 15-20% off MSRP.

Now we start mapping our first few trips; I need more vacation time, or excuses to work from "home"....
wittyfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Loretto , Ontario
What TV did you buy?
Naper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
Carrollton , Texas
Why everyone so skittish about what they paid? Afraid you got screwed? Protecting
the dealers? Why this clandestine pm me? Know this, dealers are are not selling
below their true cost.
KL's 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2007 31' Classic
holland , Pennsylvania
i think you got a good deal.after all the dealer has to make money to stay in business,otherwise where are you going to get the coach serviced.i like buying new since you can then get what you want.talking to a lazys days rep in fla which is year round rv store he told me that used airstreams are hotter than ever.with the internet a late model airstream lasts about 1 day on their lot.with the time it would take to locate a used coach that would fit your specs imho you made the right decision.good luck with your new coach.
xonvldz is offline   Reply With Quote