Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Beaverton , Oregon
Intro and a question on insurance

I have been lurking for awhile learning about what to look for in a trailer and what fun this is going to be. What a great and supportive collection of folks.

Tuesday we brought home our 2011 27 International FB. We are thrilled. I will be retiring in a year or so and this is going to become a major part of our enjoyment of retirement.

I know I should post some pictures which I will do shortly.

Now to the question. I am looking at either Blue Sky American Adventure or Progressive for my trailer insurance needs. I currently have Progressive through AAA for my motorcycles so might get a discount on a package.

What thoughts do you experienced Airstreamers have for me?
myropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Weldon Spring , Missouri
Hi myropa, welcome to the asylum. FYI, I'm currently in the process of ditching Camping World (GMAC), for Progressive; approximate overall savings, 50%.
fmr.capt.evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by myropa View Post
I have been lurking for awhile learning about what to look for in a trailer and what fun this is going to be. What a great and supportive collection of folks.

Tuesday we brought home our 2011 27 International FB. We are thrilled. I will be retiring in a year or so and this is going to become a major part of our enjoyment of retirement.

I know I should post some pictures which I will do shortly.

Now to the question. I am looking at either Blue Sky American Adventure or Progressive for my trailer insurance needs. I currently have Progressive through AAA for my motorcycles so might get a discount on a package.

What thoughts do you experienced Airstreamers have for me?
Progressive is reasonable and fair.

So is AAA.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
Visalia , California
Welcome! We have a 2008 27' International CCD FB, and have been retired for two years (I have yet to wake up and say I wish I could go to work today) We have Progressive for our Airstream and our bass boat. After 30+ years of owning an insurance agency I found Progressive has the best overall coverage and price. We have all other personal insurance with Nationwide, which extends the umbrella liability coverage to the Progressive policy, this is a big plus.
ThreeFingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Beaverton , Oregon
Wow. The response is amazing. I have a call into my AAA rep about the Progressive coverage. I sent her the Blue Sky quote. I like the new trailer replacement feature for total loss events for the first 5 years. That is very impressive if true.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:00 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Visalia , California
The new trailer replacement coverage for the first 5 years with Progressive is a big thing! I spent a lot on the Airstream, for five years I would get a new one if something happened to mine. (has to be a total loss)
Old 09-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2011 27 FB International
Beaverton , Oregon
ThreeFingers...thanks for the heads up.
While the Blue Sky quote clearly states they buy a new replacement trailer for the first 5 model years, the Progressive was not that clear. So it was your response that made me call the Progressive agent. She didn't think that it was a new trailer but just the purchase price of mine. Hence depreciation dependent. On a close reading...you are correct. Progressive also buys a new trailer for the first 5 model years. Then years 6-10 are the purchase price. Since I got an incredible deal...This is very good news.

Thanks for you help!
Old 09-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Visalia , California
You are welcome, enjoy your new International, we have put 10,000 miles on ours this year. Everything is still working fine, I did replace the solid alum bars on the awning with stainless steel due to the bars bending, otherwise all is good!