Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Redmond , Washington
Hi from Tina Boomerina

Hi Everyone,

I'm actually Tina Boomerina.

Actually, Tina Boomerina is not my real name, it's my pen name, but my real last name is hard to spell...so why use it?

Anyway, I'm in the Seattle area and I just decided I might have to get a little Airstream Bambi. I'm into minimalism and I've spent a few weeks traveling in a 60's hippie van (with a friend), so I think I can handle the small space. I don't have a trailer or an RV. I've never had a trailer or an RV. I never thought I would EVER want a trailer or an RV until last month.

I know nothing about trailers.

I know that what I want is somewhat expensive. I know that I'll have to talk my husband into getting a new truck so we can pull the Bambi.

That's all I know.

I've never even been inside a Bambi. Do any of you Bambi owners live in the Seattle area? Would you let me look inside your rig for a minute? Can you tell me where to start? Can you tell me how to rent a Bambi for a day or two? Anything you can tell me would be a HUGE help... even if you aren't in my part of the world.
tinaboomerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #2

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Redmond , Washington
This is the real me. I couldn't change my other account, so I'm bumping this up. Bump.
tinaboomerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1999 23' Safari
Perrysburg , Ann Arbor
Best way for you to start is to do two things:
1. Go to the airstream.com website and look at the diagrams of floor plans for various of their trailers, to get some idea of how they're laid out inside;
2. Go to this site's Rally page and find the nearest (in space and time) rally to you, and just show up there. There will be a bunch of Airstreams (and probably a Bambi or two) and almost everyone there will INSIST that you tour their trailers and also very likely will inundate you with food and beverage. They will also be most happy to answer questions. Really.

And if you're seriously considering a Bambi, almost any sort of "truck" will tow one. Almost.

Read as many threads on here as you can that contain the search term "Bambi" and you'll learn a lot about them.

Good luck!
AirsDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
I like your name, Tina Boomerina!!! Since I'm on the other side of the country, I can't help you out with a tour, else I would! Have fun on your search!

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Fall City , Washington
Bambi

I suggest you visit the Airstream Dealer "Airstream Adventures NW" located in the town of Covington adjacent to Hwy 18 and east of Auburn. They have a large inventory and you could see them all there.
Lou
NWGreyhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
I spent a lot of time looking at classified ads, both for the pictures and for the lingo. Then I'd go educate myself on Airforums about whatever I didn't understand in the ads. The pictures helped me understand the different possibilities and kept me wanting to stay on the trail.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:49 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2021 25' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Rhode Island
Tina,
From the moment I was first aware I was developing "Aluminitus" to the moment we rolled off the dealer lot with our Bambi actually took a couple of years. In all honesty the first signs of the disease developed pretty slowly and it was something of a whirlwind month in the end when we found our little 16' Bambi that we have since dragged all over the place these last 10 months.

We love ours and are leaving this Monday for Florida with it (assuming we survive this monster Blizzard/nor'easter that is due to begin in the next few hours). Anyway, I would encourage you to read Kim's (Valmog's) blog found here...

The Small Small Trailer | Weekend adventures in our 16 ft. Airstream Bambi

Kim and Todd do this right and I am envious of the beautiful places they have access to, seemingly in their own back yard (not all that far from you!).

You can see me hamming it up a bit here on the day we picked up our very own Bambi in this Youtube video here....

Airstreams are just a lot of fun! Good luck with the search!

Bruce B
Bruce B is offline   Reply With Quote