Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Saucier , Mississippi
Aluminum Cousin

Hi to all Airstream Owners.

I don't own an Airstream trailer or Motorhome, but the Motorhome I do own (Lazy Daze) has an all aluminum skin, and the folks I bought it from owned an Airstream for many years. Soooo, I am introducing myself to you as an "Aluminum Cousin". How's that for an intro?

I joined because I find myself at the Airstream forum regularly when I am researching information I need concerning RV stuff, and my info searches windup on an Airstream forum.

Today, I was researching info about installing a NovaKool refer in my MH, and two of the search links wound up here. I wanted to contact the posters in the forum to ask about their experience after having installed one, but of course, couldn't until I joined up.

So, here I am, hoping you'all will welcome me in for a cup of java, and some good info sharing with you.

Netyarddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netyarddog View Post
Hi to all Airstream Owners.

I don't own an Airstream trailer or Motorhome, but the Motorhome I do own (Lazy Daze) has an all aluminum skin, and the folks I bought it from owned an Airstream for many years. Soooo, I am introducing myself to you as an "Aluminum Cousin". How's that for an intro?

I joined because I find myself at the Airstream forum regularly when I am researching information I need concerning RV stuff, and my info searches windup on an Airstream forum.

Today, I was researching info about installing a NovaKool refer in my MH, and two of the search links wound up here. I wanted to contact the posters in the forum to ask about their experience after having installed one, but of course, couldn't until I joined up.

So, here I am, hoping you'all will welcome me in for a cup of java, and some good info sharing with you.

You are very welcome. Post some pictures of your unit please! We always want to see the "vintage kin".

Paula
Old 08-06-2011, 03:26 PM   #3

Currently Looking...
Saucier , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
You are very welcome. Post some pictures of your unit please! We always want to see the "vintage kin".

Paula
Hi FA.

I may have confused you. My MH is a 2001, and they are still being made, so it's not a vintage unit. I'm not sure yet about how to post pictures on this forum, and also not sure if I can post a link to the Lazy Daze Yahoo forum which would provide you with a picture. Do you know if a link is ok to post in that context?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #4
flygrrl

1962 19' Globetrotter
Winchester , Ontario
Welcome anyway

This forum is awesome for all kinds of things such as solar, LP, tanks etc. not all specifically AS. Information should be shared and all should be included.
Maybe you will get the dreaded Aluminitis virus and end up a card-carrying Airstream owner Don't laugh, it could happen to you too, it did to all of us, very contagious.
flygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #5
flygrrl

1962 19' Globetrotter
Winchester , Ontario
Posting pics

There are instructions on posting pics in the forum, or you can scroll down as you are writing in this box to the box below, attach files, keep scrolling down past submit reply into additional options, then you can choose a picture file from your computer and post it in the reply. Very easy. We want pictures of your baby, we love pictures.
flygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #6

Currently Looking...
Saucier , Mississippi
A Pic of My Baby

Ok, here's a picture of my Baby in front of a Lighthouse somewhere in the South (can you guess where?).

I like Airstreams. Probably one of the first articles I remember reading was about Airstreams traveling all over South America.

Thought about buying one once, but wound up buying another brand. Found I didn't like towing/backing so much, so wound up with a Motorhome instead.

But I never say never, so maybe someday ......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LD&LH 1(450 x 600).jpg
Views:	168
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	137483  
Old 08-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
A bit of trivia...what State has the most lighthouses?
Phrunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:05 AM   #8
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrunes View Post
A bit of trivia...what State has the most lighthouses?
Michigan or Maine, depending on how you count them...

My daughter did a project on lighthouses quite a few years back. We built a scale model of the Oak Island lighthouse, everyone always wants to do the Ocracoke one.

FWIW her scale model was dead easy, we used a piece of 6" PVC pipe, scaled to the correct length, built a strobe assembly for the top and used an old jelly jar style porch lamp lens. IIRC it is still on display in the NC room at the local library, some 12 years later.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc

Michigan or Maine, depending on how you count them...

My daughter did a project on lighthouses quite a few years back. We built a scale model of the Oak Island lighthouse, everyone always wants to do the Ocracoke one.

FWIW her scale model was dead easy, we used a piece of 6" PVC pipe, scaled to the correct length, built a strobe assembly for the top and used an old jelly jar style porch lamp lens. IIRC it is still on display in the NC room at the local library, some 12 years later.

Aaron
You are absolutely correct! I always use Michigan because it' so unexpected.

Sounds like your daughter's model building excercise is great practice for Airstream ownership later in life! Hahahaha
Phrunes is offline   Reply With Quote