Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Classic > 2006 - 2010 Classic (all lengths)
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-14-2006, 03:48 AM   #1
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Trailer Repair update- 2006 Classic.

I sent an email to Chris Burch at Airstream yesterday morning asking the progess on my baby. I recieved a responce sometime mid-day. It is not going to be until late next week till she is ready. He did tell me it would take two weeks but did not tell me from when. It took about a week for the insurance company to give the go ahead and it will be two weeks from then until she is ready.

This will get me to Florida just in time for Christmas. Good thing, I was not planning on leaving Florida until spring.

I leave Cleveland today and head up to Michigan to visit wheel Intersted. I will have a few days to kill after I leave there.

Since I have never been to Michigan I plan of exploring. Suggestions?

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:11 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Anywhere along the Lake shore. We've only been there in summer/fall so don't know what limits weather puts on you. If you have the time, head north to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park (I think it has NP status) and the gorgeous Traverse Bay area--drive out on the peninsula, visit some vineyards. Enjoy your visit. See you and Carol at the Can Opener! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:08 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Sorry about your trailer; however, I certainly envy your ability to travel and enjoy this country. If you even get down Oklahoma way, please stop by. Mycatsandi will be waiting. By the way, I now have 6 (yes 6) rescued cats. Two new Siamese kittens that were facing sure death are now part of our family.
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:40 AM   #4
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
I gotta ask. Is it "The cat, Sandi", or "The cats, and I"?
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:55 AM   #5
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I like the upper part of the lower and the upper penn the best.

I would caution you on the Lake Michigan side. Lake effect snow can be very, very nasty. I don't know about the east side of the lower, but the west side and around northwest Indiana should be avoided if there is even a hint of foul weather.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:56 AM   #6
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
BTW, Chis is a real nice guy as are the rest of the folks there. One thing is for sure, you are in good hands.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:26 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 26
Villa Ridge , Missouri
Henry Ford Museum & Greenfield Village

Michelle,

If you're near Detroit, I would highly recommend the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn. Their Automobile in American Life exhibition and the Dymaxion house are not to be missed, and it's a wonderful museum all around.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:38 PM   #8
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midamrail
Michelle,

If you're near Detroit, I would highly recommend the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn. Their Automobile in American Life exhibition and the Dymaxion house are not to be missed, and it's a wonderful museum all around.
...And when you get to Florida, you can tour the Thomas Edison/ Henry Ford estates in Fort Myers. Too bad you have to drive 1400 miles to see both parts, tho.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:27 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Steady as she goes, Michelle. The good news is that a week into the project they aren't reporting surprises back to you. By the way -- the weather has been perfect ever since you passed thru Iowa. I'd like some snow for cross country skiing. Could you change your plans and head to Florida by way of Minneapolis ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane
Is it "The cat, Sandi", or "The cats, and I"?
Don, I won't impose the search engine stare of death for this question... way too obscure for that! Yes, I too had to ask once. It's "cats" but I haven't heard if she is still traveling with them.

Thanks for the update, Michelle!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:16 PM   #10

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
The Cats and I
One is with a friend in Virginia
The other is with my sister in Florida. I am planning on picking him up over Christmas and seeing how he likes travelling. If he likes it he will stay with me.

Old 12-14-2006, 07:21 PM   #11

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Thanks for the thoughts. She will be as good as new when I get it back.
My job allows the travelling. I work my butt off for eight Months. 12-14 hours days with 4 days off a month. Then 4 months off over Winter. Works for me.
I fly wildfires.
I have never been to Oklahoma. I may have to find a route that takes me through there.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:47 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
My memories of Michigan are as a boy. I left in 1952 but have retained some of the sights from the many travels my parents took me. One special trip that I remember was all the way up along Lake Huron then back down on the Canadian side. Of course this was in about 1948 so I hope much of the beautiful natural sights still remain. We lived a short time in Boyne City at the end of Lake Charlivois (sp?) between Taverse City and Petosky. As already mention in this thread the Lake Michigan lake effect storms can be brutal...but te scenery spectacular. Don't forget Macinaw Island.
Neil.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:02 AM   #13
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Route 66

Michelle, The southern route to the West is I-40, but much can be said about tracing the "Mother Road" parts that still exist of old U.S. Route 66. I do believe many parts of it can still be traveled on when heading thru Oklahoma and it makes for great sightseeing. You could even stop off and visit Juel in Chandler. Of course your trip from JC would have to be over to I-55 in IL and then through St. Louis thru Joplin and into Oklahoma. Wow!!! that would that be a Humdinger of a side trip. Lastly, the route back to the NW would be an adventure in itself. Hope you can work it all out! Hope the service work comes together smoothly. Keep the Shiny Side Up. Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:21 AM   #14

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
When I leave Jackson Center I will be headed South to Jacksonville, FL for Christmas, Then the Can opener Rally, and south for the next few weeks. I will be head ed back up I95 in late February and through Washignton, Dc area early March. A stop in PA to make Maple syrup and through Ohio then I awill make my way south and west.

Old 12-15-2006, 08:28 AM   #15

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
No suprises. The insurace comapny insisted they remove the belly pan and check for frame damage. None found. I did not think so. I crawled under and looked at the belly pan. No wrikles or wraping. I felt confident taking it back that no frame damage occured.

Old 12-15-2006, 12:45 PM   #16
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatsandi
No suprises. The insurace comapny insisted they remove the belly pan and check for frame damage. None found. I did not think so. I crawled under and looked at the belly pan. No wrikles or wraping. I felt confident taking it back that no frame damage occured.
Great news!
Following your progress with interest!

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2006 classic