Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-29-2011, 11:05 AM   #1
tracker

1969 23' Safari
crescent city , California
rot doctor questions

I have read several treads on the use of rot doctor but Iam still confused on just how much damage this product was designed to repair. I have seveal area some larger than others where the holes in the subfloor go all the way thru and other areas where only the surface of the plywood is de-laminating what would be the best use of this product in this case?
tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:38 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
Hanover , Pennsylvania
I would recommend visiting their website. They have quite a bit of information on different levels of repair possible, and the steps required for each. It's quite impressive just how much can be salvaged. If you have questions, don't hesitate contacting them. I did before I purchased, and the the guy I spoke with (I cant remember his name) was very friendly, helpful, and showed no pressure to purchase. When I mentioned Airstream, he was not surprised and seemed quite familiar with Rot Doctor's use in them.

Good luck,
Eric
Emerson75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:56 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1958 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
If you have areas where there are holes in the wood, those areas should be scabbed with new pieces of wood. Rot Dr is mainly for areas where you have soft wood or uneven surface areas. Rot Dr sells a product that mixes with sawdust to fill in areas that need it.

Depending on how many holes you have in your subfloor, your trailer may be a candidate for a completely new subfloor.

WBCCI #5661/AIR #5661/TAC # AZ-6
4CU 1st VP

My '58 Overlander Restoration and Travel Blog:
https://mellomikesairstreams.blogspot.com/
mello mike is offline   Reply With Quote