Old 10-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
1963 28' Ambassador
Danielsville , Georgia
My first flip was scary so I made a jig for the front and rear out of scrap steel . here's a picture of it. I realize not everyone has the tools to make this but this is what it looks like . I looked everywhere on the web for a photo of one but no luck so i just made what i thought would work. It does do the job I used a spare ball to lock into the hitch and mounted it on to the jig. The rear is two flat plates with 4 bolts that clamp to the rear bumper with the same pipe welded and gusseted to one of the plates a larger pipe acts as a bearing of sorts. It has a controlled flip that's balanced pretty well by shifting the rear plates .
hope it helps ! my gantry is 4x4 it should have been 4x6 but it has worked several times so far . Of course steel I beams or a NASA crane would be ideal.
Attached Images

JCPOTTERF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:47 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1960 33' Custom
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
I like that a lot, I think I'll go this route in the spring. I towed the chassis to a friends farm for winter storage and it was quite illuminating! It did the usual flopping around which made the drive exhausting without WD but I had to stop twice, once for an outrigger that wobbled enough that it came off in my hand and lastly for the rear hold down plate which fell off.

truckasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)