Old 10-11-2014, 07:33 AM   #15
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesignlady View Post
Belegedhel....I love what you said here...Some day (hopefully 30+ years from now) somebody will be refurbishing the trailer I am working on right now, and as they dissect it, they will comment on what a hack I must have been based on my design choices/workmanship. Makes me want to leave them a sarcastic note inside the wall.
Do It!!!

I left them one on the pink foam insulation, attached to the bottom side of the sub-floor. Don't remember exactly what I said, but I do remember saying sorry that they had to be back in there, please forgive my welding, and I hope I am dead at this point... Signed and dated after that.

-Red

Old 10-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member

1948 22' Liner
1989 34' Limited
long beach , Mississippi
i just did the rear floor on my 34. when i re-installed the belly pan, which overlaps the body as well, i added trempro on the joint. before i re-installed the belly trim, i made sure i have a good bead of sealer on the entire joint, sealer on all rivet holes, plus i added a small bead on top before i installed the trim.. this way, no water can get behind the trim.
BTW earlier models had indeed the body overlap the belly pan.

Resurrecting one Airstream at the time..
maybe one day i save them all
submariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 01:30 PM   #17
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
1974 had the wraps over the top of the body... I thought it was a PO issue when I first saw it. I Trempro'd the stew out of that joint, and the trim. TremPro was squishing everywhere. Lots of mineral spirit clean up...

-Red