Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Global 'streaming > Shipping & Export/Import
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-28-2015, 02:50 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Long Beach , California
Need Avion transport from Colorado to CA

Hi all...

It was between two 34 ft triple axel Avion trailers - one in AZ and the other in CO. I went with the one in CO. It would have been a lot easier to get the AZ trailer to San Diego, CA, but there you go. Things are not always easy in life. So....does anyone here transport or who would you recommend to transport from Canon City, CO (nearest big city is Pueblo) to San Diego, CA? I will go with USHIP if that is my last and least expensive resort, I suppose. But I would sure like to have the knowledge that someone who comes with a reference will be transporting my trailer over the mountain. Here is a map of Canon City...and that you in advance....anyone who can lend some advice or help!!
whippetmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 02:54 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1955 22' Safari
Laredo , Texas
I have had two AS trailers towed by UShip contractors with very positive results. You can read reviews before you accept a bid. Costs are usually very competitive if you are a little flexible on dates.
55AS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 03:35 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mission , Texas
Need Avion transport from Colorado to CA

I mentioned this to the copilot/navigator and she said to reply.
We're in Crestone, about an hour from Canon City. We have a 99 F250 SuperDuty diesel to tow with.
What condition is the trailer in, especially the tires? Also do the lights and brakes work?
When do you need it moved?
Our schedule is fairly open.
nrgtrakr is offline   Reply With Quote