Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-23-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1985 29' Sovereign
Winter Park , Florida
Instructions for Satcom Passport Mini-Plus dish

We bought my mom an 89 excella and it came with the following;

Satcom Passport Mini Plus Dish
Satcom digital satellite seeker
Rca Direct TV Plus receiver

I understand from Direct TV that since the receiver has no receiver number, they will not issue us an access card, so we either have to purchase a receiver or use one of the ones at her house (she is a direct tv subscriber).

I can't find any information on this dish online other than a few press releases announcing its debut. I'm looking for instructions on how to use the seeker to fine tune.
safariuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #2
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
You should be able to disconnect the old receiver and connect the one from her house.
If it works, she can pay about $5.00 per month and get another receiver for the Excella, like another room.