Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-27-2022, 04:24 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2022 16' Bambi
2022 Atlas
Sioux Falls , Arkansas
New full-timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawneS View Post
I’m going full time starting in mid-June. Also have had people try to discourage me. Why do people do that? If it doesn’t work out (which I can’t imagine happening but we don’t know until we try, right?) I’ll sell it and get another apartment. I will only regret always wanting to do this and not trying it. Maybe I’ll meet you along the way somewhere, Silversnail.

It seems like most people are happy going to the same Walmart on the same day of the week ,at the same time by the same route. They aren’t capable of thinking outside the box, much less living outside the box. Many people need the security of a traditional home and that’s okay. It just needs to be okay with them that I have chosen to live differently. Many people have asked me “ What are you going to do if you have health problems and can’t travel any longer?” My response : “ I can guarantee you that if that happens I will not say - Gee, I wish I still had a 2400 sq. ft. house to take care of”. Seriously though, my plan is to find a permanent place to park , either on property I own or rent in an RV park. My unit is the perfect sized retirement home. I have no desire to go to an apartment or S&B house. If I ever move out of my unit it will be to go into an assisted living facility.
fr8tshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 02:03 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2022 22' Bambi
Currently Looking...
Hoffman Estates , Alabama
Hello to anyone that reads this: I am new to airstream life, handy with tools, and renovating my 1978 airstream tradewind 25’. I live in the suburbs outside of Chicago, close to woodfield mall. My house is getting listed tomorrow and I hope to be full time by the end of July 2022. I’m going to rehab from the road so to speak, I have a spot near Rockford Illinois to park while doing the major renovation stuff…..blah blah blah. I’m looking to network with other full timers because all I do know is how badly I want to leave Illinois, not a care or a clue which direction to head.
kmNash is offline   Reply With Quote