Old 08-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #29
Fuil-Timers

2005 25' International CCD
Everywhere , North America
Send a message via Skype™ to DreamStreamr
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
One thing I am trying to figure out is which small compressor I need in the case of a nail in the tire or low tire pressure etc? I have right now one that plugs into a cig. lighter in the vehicle and pumps (slowly) but would not be enough to reach trailer tires....solutions? I think I can get a cig. lighter to batter connector adaptor and if legthy enough could work....thoughts?
PharmGeek
We added a 12vdc utility outlet in one of the rear cargo compartments so we can plug in a 12v extension cord for light or fan when we are sitting outside the trailer. Inexpensive, easy to wire in, easy to reach, out of the weather, and isn't ever in the way. It would power your 12v air compressor.

Jim Cocke,
International President
WBCCI Wally Byam Airstream Club
dreamstreamr.com
dreamstreamr.wordpress.com
DreamStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #30
Fuil-Timers

2005 25' International CCD
Everywhere , North America
Send a message via Skype™ to DreamStreamr
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamStreamr View Post

PharmGeek
We added a 12vdc utility outlet in one of the rear cargo compartments so we can plug in a 12v extension cord for light or fan when we are sitting outside the trailer. Inexpensive, easy to wire in, easy to reach, out of the weather, and isn't ever in the way. It would power your 12v air compressor.
I should have said too, we don't use a 12v compressor - our 120v one is slow enough with E-rated tires, a 12v one would take even longer. Just pull up a chair, open a beverage, and enjoy the time if you are adding more than 5pounds to a tire. Still, the 12vdc compressor will do in a pinch and is far faster than most road service arrival times.

Jim Cocke,
International President
WBCCI Wally Byam Airstream Club
dreamstreamr.com
dreamstreamr.wordpress.com
DreamStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:18 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamStreamr View Post

PharmGeek
Perfect - that will be an easy solution then - pics and instructions would be great.

I'll consider that. As opposed to some form of very lengthy extension to trailer batteries or to some interior cigarette type outlet in trailer (assuming one is included in new AS - I would think they do)

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas_G View Post
I use the one that plugs into a cigarette lighter with an extension cord. It is slow though but I use it to top off psi. It is rated at 300psi but I think it would take a while to get to that point.
Yeah - this may be a basic quick option - especially if my trailer already has easy access to an outlet on exterior stock anyway

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
WD-40 and silicone spray
Jackstand and 2x8 stackable lumber
Hedge clipper and/or limb saw
Second water hose backup
Separate black water flush hose
Drop pad or carpet
Spare Fluids(oil,brake,transmission)
Heavy duty trash bag(construction or compactor)
Axe
Old 09-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
2012 23' Flying Cloud
Victoria , British Columbia
Tools +Rivet Kit

[QUOTE=BAB;1334661]I have only had my trailer for a bit over a year, and I have just about everything on the list....and a whole lot more. I've even used the cool Airstream rivet kit a couple of times. Expensive, but when I needed it, I needed it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Rivet kit, now that is something I thought one may rarely need and what do you know , we put on a couple of thousand miles on road trips this year and lost 3 rivets on the lower front storage compartment hatch. We had the repair done at the dealer , but still long term. One really never has too many tools especially when your out between no where .
Old 09-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #35
3 Rivet Member

Cerritos , California
Disposable rubber gloves when working with the slinky.