Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Full-Timing, Winter Living & Workamping > Full-Timing
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-19-2015, 03:52 PM   #1
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
103 Days Till Full Time!

Like the title says! In 103 Days we're leaving Florida for full-time Airstreaming, heading to our first destination. The amount of stuff to get done between now and then is at times a bit intimidating. But always reminding myself that it will be worth it, and to just take one thing and one day at a time.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:58 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
ottawa (greely) , Ontario
Sounds exciting, I'm jealous , I'm thinking I would like to try it , starting to get rid of stuff just in case in a year or so my wife wants to give it a try.

Don
2012 silverado ext cab 4x4 ,5.3 L , 6 speed trans,3:42 final drive,tow package standard box 6 1/2 foot . 2014 honda forza 300 scooter, #2 2015 honda crf 250 L (Dual sport)
scamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:11 AM   #3
Full-time travel family

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Wichita Falls , TX
We hope to be ordering a new 30FB at a show next month. If all goes as planned, we'll be moving into it this summer after making some small modifications. We are pretty excited and anxious about the preparations required, even though we will just be parking it locally for a while until I can transition my work to something more mobile-friendly. Fortunately, I'm a software engineer, so it shouldn't be terribly difficult.

We are starting the downsizing now which means lots and lots of craigslisting! I'm looking forward to being surrounded by less "stuff", but I'm anxious to see how our Irish Wolfhound will handle such a small space! Our daughter will be about 10 months by then, and we also have a Chihuahua. It will be a full house!
wolfhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:28 AM   #4
Full-time travel family

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Wichita Falls , TX
We hope to be ordering a new 30FB at a show next month. If all goes as planned, we'll be moving into it this summer after making some small modifications. We are pretty excited and anxious about the preparations required, even though we will just be parking it locally for a while until I can transition my work to something more mobile-friendly. Fortunately, I'm a software engineer, so it shouldn't be terribly difficult.

We are starting the downsizing now which means lots and lots of craigslisting! I'm looking forward to being surrounded by less "stuff", but I'm anxious to see how our Irish Wolfhound will handle such a small space! Our daughter will be about 10 months by then, and we also have a Chihuahua. It will be a full house!
wolfhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:30 AM   #5
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
Bold, where is the first stop?
Old 01-22-2015, 10:02 AM   #6
Full Time Adventurer

2007 27' International CCD FB
Nomadic , USA
Top of Georgia Airstream Park!

Top of Georgia Airstream Park

We'll be slowly making our way north to NY for some modifications to the Airstream, then down to Ohio for a family reunion and then westward.

Old 01-22-2015, 02:47 PM   #7
Airstreaming Pagey

2015 31' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
We hope we aren't too far behind you. Our trailer is on order and is supposed to be built in April.

Frustration is growing. It is getting to the point that people don't even want to come get free stuff, so a lot of what is left in our house is going to be donated. Nice stuff, too.

May your days be filled with love and laughter.
Pagey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 03:10 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1972 27' Overlander
Penokee , Kansas
I look around at all the stuff I have collected over my 60 years.. Where to start... Hats off too you all who full time or leaning in that direction. The happiest times of my life was when I had the least.

Sodbust

20mpg empty, 14 mpg with 27' Overlander.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life!
Sodbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 11:17 PM   #9
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Good for you!
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote