Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Land Yacht/Legacy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-03-2016, 03:24 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1996 30' Land Yacht
Benson , Arizona
Maxim Skylight upgrade?

Anybody done this on a LY MH? If so, what colors did you pick? I was thinking bronze outside (to kill most of the sun), and then clear on both the middle and then the lower (inside) plastic.

Have found a few threads on trailers, but not on the MH. Big difference is that on the trailer, the skylight mounts onto a factory curb. Whereas on the 96 LY30 the plastic skylight(s) (inner/outer) are simply screwed to the fiberglass deck, and then slathered with caulking.

I have a call/emails into Maxim to see what they offer; but their standard detail appears to be installed on the trailer curb. If they have something that works, I'll post back.

http://maximskylights.com/wp-content...-Checklist.pdf

But it really looks like both a curb and then the skylight on top of the curb need to be purchased/installed.
pago cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:45 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1996 30' Land Yacht
Benson , Arizona
That was quick.
All their off the shelf skylights are indeed for trailers.

They have sold (1) with a curb in the past; but, and I quote "it did not fit well".

They indicated that they had a pic, although I don't know if it is in the factory, or mounted, or the square skylight that is centered, or the rectangular one that is not. I have asked them to send.

Ours are in such cra, err, crummy condition, I gotta do something; we have a cross country trip coming up, and dealing with roof leaks whilst on the road is not something I look forward to. But screwing and gooping to the deck will not be the solution.

Surely, someone has done this?
pago cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote