Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Argosy Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-12-2005, 07:19 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1976 28' Argosy 28
Lansing , Michigan
Talking LCD TV Mount

Just wondering if anyone has mounted their LCD TV from the ceiling between the driver and passenger seats. Would it be possible and/or safe to do it this way. It seems to me that this is a perfect spot from it. Photos would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!!
tandemfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 07:48 AM   #2
RivetAddict

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Louisville , Kentucky
Yes it has been done by a forum member. Here a post about a remodel on a 310 which had this feature: (http://www.airforums.com/forum...hlight=lcd+310).

Also you can see pictures of the mount they created on their personal website (http://www.curtandmandy.com). Click on "View Airstream" then click on "Interior Photos". I think it's about halfway down. Unforetunately this member sold their Airstream and has not been active for about a year. You may still be able to PM or email them however for more details.

One note on this. Many of the new high end motorhome manufacturers are getting away from overhead mounting position, between the seats, for a couple of reasons including ease of mounting, weight, etc. But the biggest reason they are starting to mount things lower (on furniture or on bulkheads) is viewing comfort. Sitting on a couch sideways looking up for a two our movie is not a terribly comfirtable viewing position (unless you're lying down on the couch - then it rocks).

We looked at the idea of an overhead mount based on what the owners did in this 310 makeover but opted for a furniture mounted solution across from the couch as it was cheaper, easier and provided better viewing for the kids while underway.

Just MHO
swebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 09:47 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I met Curt and looked at his install. I believe he attached a cross member to the roof inner support beams, and then screwed the mount into that. He fabricated a box for the panel to fit into, that flipped open and down as needed. Looked very nice, and his 310 was one of the nicer units we have seen.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 01:08 PM   #4
Southern Comfort

Ceiling Mounted LCD TV

I saw the mounting that the 310 couple had done to their MH I liked it. but I'm considering putting a thin 17 inch LCD in the thin storage box that sits behind the driver seat and next the sofa lounger. I spoke to a friend of mine who does car audio work and he told me that it would be easy to mount it so that it would rise up from inside the box. I don't know much about it but sounds cool. I will have to post pix if I get it to work.

P.S. its nice to be back on the forum I was with out computer for a couple of months.
Ray Pena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:33 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
ever see "Pimp my ride" or any of those car redo shows on tv? They frequently do a disappearing lcd screen that really does look cool ...
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote