Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2009, 11:14 PM   #1

Mukwonago , Wisconsin
'68 Sovereign Project

Hello all,

I am not new to this forum as a viewer but I am new as a member.

I am the lucky recipient of member "Bart I308J" 's project...and it is a project! I have known Bart for many years through an airplane club that we both formerly belonged to here in the Milwaukee area. He had noble plans for this craft but has passed it along to me.

First and foremost is the broken bones; rotten floor (the linoleum is holding it together), many damaged exterior panels, someone cut slits at both ends of the wheel wells, probably to aid in the removal of wheels, as well as damage from fallen trees and broken windows. Obviously the condition of the frame will be determined later once I open it up.

All interior work other than gutting and assembling new ideas are on hold until she is nursed back to health structurally. As a former aircraft sheetmetal tech none of this is daunting to me an I am confident this trailer will roll again.

There is obviously a wealth of knowledge on this site and I look forward to getting to know many of you.

Thank you,
Dan
deales 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:47 AM   #2

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Welcome Dan,

Congratulations on your new project. It sounds like you know the routine.

Post some pictures and details of your efforts when you are able.

Regards,

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1968 30' Sovereign
Durham , NC
Dan,

As an owner of a 68 Sovereign I'd be quite interested to see/hear about your progress. Especially what you decide to do about the windows and how you go about repairing the damaged exterior.
I have similar, albeit, less drastic from the sound of it, issues with my new (to me) "Silver Bullet," as we're calling it.
Look forward to chatting with you.
Adam
Adam.Pyburn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1968, 1968 sovereign, sovereign