Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-06-2018, 10:05 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Adirondacks , New York
Sport 16, newbie first year, slideshow

Organized photos of our newbie first season into a YouTube slideshow.

https://youtu.be/RXOaNdDuTJI

Lots of fails (hot water heater) and challenges (backing-up) that do not photograph well, but all in all, this Airstream experience is just what we wanted and hoped for. So this slideshow is about the fun we having decorating our 2017 Sport 16 and traveling with Amos dog. Big thank you to all you on this Forum and the friendly folk at Highland Haven - the learning curve is steep but the Airstream Community have the answers AND have a lot of fun. And that’s our biggest discovery and surprise, the Airstream Community.
BambiCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:29 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Richmond , Virginia
Nice slideshow and photography. Amos looks like one chill pooch and happy camper.

Happy trails.
VA Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:31 PM   #3

Millsoboro , Delaware
We're considering a purchase of a 16' Bambi, but we're wondering how two of us will sleep since the bed is only 48" wide. Do you guys convert the dinette into a bed so you have two sleeping areas? If so, where do you keep the bedding? Thanks you!
iLovecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:45 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
- , Massachusetts
Great slide show! how on earth did you get that license plate! what a score!

So, am wondering if you can share what you paid (sorry if that is a rude question)? I am just about to pull the trigger on a Sport 16. My son and I looked at the Sport 22, FC19 and FC23... First camper and think the Sport 16 is the right way to start out for us. My son preferred it to the other options. I like the smaller size for a first time camper and cost is a concern too.

I wonder if down the road, we'll want something bigger and from that standpoint hoping to pay as little as possible to mitigate depreciation loss. My current best price which is fortunately at the dealer closest to my home is $41,500 for the 2018 with solar and back up camera and colors of my choice. (MSRP is $49k). Wish I knew if that was a good price or not. Dealer prep is just $75. No other fees other than home state tax when I register.

Any advice (from anyone) on the price would be much appreciated. Thank you.
reverie room is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:17 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Blue Sky Ranch , Texas
The slide show is great work! Nothing beats traveling in an Airstream no matter the size as long as the dog(s) go with you. Home on wheels is a great place when you have a great TT and furry family.
Msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:06 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2016 16' Sport
West Bend , Wisconsin
I have a 2016 Bambi 16 sport. After 3 weeks on the road in that 48" bed, I could scream. It's like sleeping in a cocoon. The answer is NOT using the dinette. You will have stuff laying around the dinette, no matter what type of neat freak you might be. Even after 3 nights the 48" "bedlette" starts getting to me.

My partner doesn't care cuz he's the one hogging the bed and he sleeps like a rock. I'd seriously consider something other than an Airstream, perhaps a TAB400, or just getting a bigger model Airstream with a Queen Bed.
Plus the refrigerator is really quite small. I'm cool enough to admit I made a mistake. The nice thing about the 16 ft is finding places to store it, and it fits into nearly all campsites. Not a gas hog either.

But really, a person needs a good night sleep!!! The Babmi 16 is quite wide too (something to consider) but you get accustomed to it. Just buy big detachable mirrors.
Lonekingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 09:57 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Adirondacks , New York
Thanks for the feedback on the slideshow everyone!! I do take Lonekingfish's point about the bed size. I arrived at the 16 footer after years of super lightweight backpacking - obsessing over fractions of ounces ... removing candy bar wrappers- cutting off toothbrush handles- anything to lighten the load. Living very small - with a very small footprint. So the Sport to me is like the Ritz Carlton .. off the cold wet ground, heat, hot water, a bath, AC and more ... pure Luxury. Backpacking I am very organized and I know exactly where everything is in my pack because everything has its place. I practice that same discipline in the Sport so everything is always put away in it's place - meaning it is no work or hardship to turn the dinette into a bed. Works for me, wife and 80 pound dog- though all 3 seldom sleep together. Mummy sleeping bag in the smallest of mountain tents make the Sport sleeping options a luxury long overdue.
BambiCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 06:56 PM   #8
Johnnyooo

2015 23' International
Colrain , Massachusetts
If you could get it for 40K, that would be a good price.....Push for that....Go as high as 41K...If they don't budge, you may have to pay what they ask....But the flip side is, if and when you decide to sell it, you'll get most of your money back...They have great resale value....Go for it....
Johnnyooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 07:12 PM   #9
Johnnyooo

2015 23' International
Colrain , Massachusetts
I'm 6 ft. 190 lbs... My wife is 5 ft. 110 lbs...We fit nicely, although we sleep close together...She has to crawl over me to go use the bathroom...One person in the bed is perfect...The dinette is also perfect for one ....Go for it....
Johnnyooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 05:24 PM   #10
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
San Antonio , Texas
loved your video...and decorations are perfect, great pics!! thank you!
Franchesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 04:09 PM   #11

2017 16' Sport
Saint Cloud , Florida
Totally agree !fellow ultra-lighter
RhondavooII is offline   Reply With Quote