Old 07-27-2015, 09:02 PM   #15
Rivet Master
2015 22' FB Sport
Kansas City , Missouri
Thanks for all of the good wishes.

We had our first campout over the weekend at a state park with electric at the site, and water for the holding tank and dump station there.

We had gone to the storage place twice over the week previous to practice hitching and to stow away gear and supplies.

We were able to get hitched and on the road fairly quickly on Friday night. Finally had gloves so no grease on our hands.

Easy drive to the campground on state hi way for about 45 minutes. Had to put water in the holding tank once we got there . That took a few minutes, but no problems. Got leveled in and set up no problems. Was pleased with how simply the stabilizers went down (knee pads a good idea here).

Layout-very much liked it. I cut off the pillow fold over on the ugly stock plain vanilla bedcover. We are using it as a mattress pad. Used queen sized standard bed sheets and comforter. These fit really well.

Kitchen layout is very good. Really like the open/close covers on the sink and cooktop. Makes for a long expanse of counter when using as a bar or for prepping dinner.

I found a great dish pan at Ikea. I posted in on another thread here. It fits in that little sink and still allows room to use the faucet.

Really like how the table rotates. We turn it 90 degrees when eating so that the long side is facing each of us.

I like how I can sit on the table bench and get under the sink to the storage cabinets there. No bending.

The closet is huge. Huge.

Under the bed we keep our bag chairs, folding end table, propane coleman stove, baby gate for the dog, and have 1 empty plastic bin for future storage, and 1 plastic bin with extra towels, TP and paper towels. I put the other 2 bins at home.

The bathroom cabinet is large enough for 2 rolled standard bath towels, TP on the holder, and bottom floor shelf for shampoo, soap, first aid kit, etc. Then in the recess I keep rolled extra hand towel and wash cloth. Hand towel for use goes on the back of the door.

I will say that the bathroom sink faucet is a bit skimpy in size and overhang, and it requires a quick wipe off of the countertop after using the sink. Otherwise turning off the water can splash water on the counter. Other than that the bathroom is fairly large, and has an operable window.

Under dinette storage is excellent. We have a crate with adult beverages, bottle water, and our ice bucket (because after all a little glamping is kind of nice). On the other side a crate with cooking pots and pans, and serving dishes. We still have unused room under there.

I really like the gray speckled floor as it hides dirt and rocks really well.

TV and sound system and DVD player are top notch. Music sounds really great.

The front outside locker was large enough to get all of the hoses, tool kits, etc in it that we needed. In a perfect world there would be 2 of these, but I guess the charger and inverter has to go somewhere.

The slinky storage tube has the cheapest cover on it. And the water heater cover clip that keeps the door closed appears flimsy too. These are not AS parts but made by others. These are the first 2 things that I saw that I said "That won't last 20 years, no matter how careful you are". So we now know to watch these areas.

All in all, the 22 is a really good size for 2 people and a large dog camping.

Our unit was not new.

The black sensor appears not to be working (stayed at 0 percent the whole weekend).

We have 1 overhead light that has burned out. We will likely change out to LED like the 2016s use.

And there are a few other things we are still trying to figure out. But the bed is great. Very roomy and the extra length is nice.

And the narrow width of the trailer itself makes it easy to tow also.

Piggy Bank
Piggy Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 10:11 PM   #16
Rivet Master
2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Piggy Bank! Congrats to you guys and best wishes for your future adventures!

We brought our first AS home today, as well. So, we're sharing the same excitement tonight!

DHart is offline   Reply With Quote