Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Bambi and Bambi II > 2005 and newer - Bambi all models
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-17-2017, 06:53 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Sheridan , California
2017 Sport Owner's Manual Question

Studying up on the owners manual, under Winterization, Item 2 on the list says to "replace the Galley Faucet Filter with the bypass pipe ( refer to Galley Faucet Filter in Section 5 )".
We have a 16' Sport and I see nothing under the galley sink area that looks like a filter and nothing shown in section 5 of the manual.
Nothing that looks like a bypass hose either. What am I looking for?
Is the faucet filter only on the 22' model?
Thanks
Airabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:00 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
On our 25' FC there is a section of pipe about 10" long that can be removed and replaced with a filter. I had them put in the filter, but I removed it later and replaced it with the straight pipe, since we use an external filter and I didn't want the inside filter to cause problems down the road.
SeaLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:53 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2017 22' Sport
2018 26' Flying Cloud
Brighton , Michigan
You do not have a filter under your sink. The manuals are generic in many cases. Look at some some of the illustrations, they show 2 axels, you have a single axel trailer. They cut and paste information for the manuals. Don't know if AS has a dedicated department to writing/updating owner manuals.

In the briefcase supplied with our trailer there were 3rd party instruction manuals for equipment that was never intended for our unit. I.E. the A.V. system. In fairness the correct manuals were also included.
Rivet Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:25 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2016 19' Flying Cloud
Austin , Texas
My 19' came with the filter but it was not installed, it was just placed under the sink in the cabinet. I never installed it. The ideas is to bypass the filter when you put antifreeze in the system for winterization. Your water heater should have a bypass for this reason.

As SeaLevel mentioned, they have an external filter you can buy and use between your hose and faucet, which makes more sense to me.
ATownTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:56 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Sheridan , California
Thanks for the replies. I will be doing my own winterizing and just wanted to make sure I did it right and didn't miss anything. As Rivet Rocket said, there's a lot of stuff in the manual that may not apply. Hard to tell.
Airabel is offline   Reply With Quote