Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
who's going to the TCT Fall Campout in Milford?

Just wondering who might be going to the Tin Can Tourists Fall Campout 2008 next weekend in Milford Michigan.

Fall Campout and Flea Market – at Camp Dearborn –September 18-21, 2008

The Fall Street Dance will feature the First Ugly Sweater Contest. Dig deep in the closet and get ready.

Online registration:
http://www.tincantourists.com/FallCampout2008.php

Registration form is at:
http://www.tincantourists.com/TCTFallCampoutRegistrationForm.pdf

Registration Fee $100.00 for two adults includes, Window Sign, Welcome Social refreshments, Pizza Party, Dance, Refreshments and Prizes, Catered Dinner, Morning Coffee & Breakfast Treats.

Note: your registration fee does not cover a camping site. You must register with the camp office at 248-684-6000 for your camping site. Electric only and full hook-up sites will be available for the Fall Campout.

Registration Procedure Change: You must make you own site reservation with the Camp Office by calling 248-684-6000. Refer to the camp map and have a couple of sites in mind when making your reservation. You will be able to register for a specific site for the rally as well as for early arrival or late departure.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
We went in the spring Carol, but we will miss the fall rally. Hope you have a good time, we may see you up north in a few more weeks.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:05 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Thanks Dave. I hope you can come to Mackinaw too, that would be so cool! Gotta get in as much as we can before the snow flies.

This fall rally sounds like a lot of fun too.

"Everyone should know about the competition, so they each can make and bring their own Tin Can CAN-dalabra to see who really will make the best picinic centerpiece out of tin cans... we will really be competing about everything this fall, the ugly sweater, the carved pumpkins, and now the "Martha Stewart" camping edition of dressing up your table with a CAN-dalabra for the fall meet....we will have it all, vintage RV home tours, clothing competition, the food pumpkin competition, the delayed IPod music competition, who can bring the best junk stuff for the flea market,..... and now the Tin Can CAN-dalabra table decoration contest....terry"

photography
Old 09-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
The rally was a blast and signed up for next year and looking forward to the Spring Annual Gathering in 09.

I went with Laura (Airedale) in her sweet Caravel and we had a stellar time! We caught up with Toasty and Wagon Giril and sfuqua from the forums, John Truit, and many others.

I saw David Winick and his custom 1950 Flying Cloud for Bob Wheeler, now for sale... if only I could... AHHHH that is THE most beautiful and stunning 13 panel mirror finish interiors I have ever seen! The reflections were delightful. He even has the midrange and tweeter speakers separated and 12" subwoofer all intregrally installed and the music bathes you in an audio panacea, contrasting linoleum Airstream insert at the entrance step, stunning workmanship and materials. If you liked the 75th anniversary editions you would literally stop dead in your tracks and never want to leave this one!

I saw the one of a kind vintage Airstream custom made with opening end windows that resembles the Curtis Wright trailers. I saw and learned about so many unique trailers, such as an aqua car that was matched to a prototype trailer, the Minnow. Cool stuff...the entire rally, people and trailers and motorhomes and buses and tear drops were very cool and appointed with all manner of vintage accents. There was an ugly sweater contest and a can-delabra contest that lit up the tent with wonderful "can" lighting, and a dance and camp fire. A spontaneous performance broke out of Tina Turner's Rolling on the River by some women who really put their all into it, quite good actually and sooo much fun to watch. Laura, her sister Holly and I went geocaching. About all we didn't get to do is sleep enough.

My album is here:

tct_fall_08 Photo Gallery by Carol Baidinger at pbase.com

Here's a few pictures from the album.

Now the contest was to make a CAN-delabra. And this one stood out right away among the others...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1622-2.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	162.2 KB
ID:	68201

Look at the dreamy reflective 13 panels of David Winick's custom work!

Name:	IMG_1788.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	68202

A few random trailers to whet the appetite.

Name:	IMG_1708.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	68203

Name:	IMG_1717.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	68204

Name:	IMG_1659.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	321.8 KB
ID:	68205

And the tent aglow with the ambient candelabras for the ugly sweater contest.

Name:	IMG_1676.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	230.0 KB
ID:	68206

So next year when I ask who's going, I hope to hear from more of you and meet up with you there! It's a great time in a beautiful park. See you soon.

photography
Old 09-25-2008, 05:19 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1955 22' Safari
Currently Looking...
Great Lake State , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
So next year when I ask who's going, I hope to hear from more of you and meet up with you there! It's a great time in a beautiful park. See you soon.
Carol

We will be there and thanks very much for sharing your great pictures.

toastie
toastie is offline   Reply With Quote