Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-19-2007, 11:17 PM   #381
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Great pix, TTcat!
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:56 PM   #382
Mr. Peeps, Pull-It Master

2007 25' International CCD
Pleasanton , California
Not-really-a-rally Peeps: our 23-foot Safari met with an unexpected accident in Paso Robles - it became a trade-in at Sky River RV on a 25-foot CCD FB with Ocean Breeze interior. Life will begin anew tomorrow morning when we pick it up and head north again. Although we originally wanted a 28-footer because of the easy-to-walk-around bed and the living area layout, we decided this was the better travelling size and it has everything we really need, except for the microwave-convention oven.

We're staying one more night at the Wine Country RV, um, er, ah, "Resort" so Sky River has time to prep the AS (and make certain our check clears). We Happy! See you with the new rig at Casini!!
Old 02-20-2007, 03:02 PM   #383
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Wow Otters! That's exciting news! Congrats on the new rig. Looking forward to seeing it at Casini.

Enjoy,
Bam

P.S. I knew you liked my interior.
BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:12 PM   #384
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
Wow

that is exciting news congrats on the new kid!
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:25 PM   #385
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
new Air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters
Not-really-a-rally Peeps: our 23-foot Safari met with an unexpected accident in Paso Robles - it became a trade-in at Sky River RV on a 25-foot CCD FB with Ocean Breeze interior. Life will begin anew tomorrow morning when we pick it up and head north again. Although we originally wanted a 28-footer because of the easy-to-walk-around bed and the living area layout, we decided this was the better travelling size and it has everything we really need, except for the microwave-convention oven.

We're staying one more night at the Wine Country RV, um, er, ah, "Resort" so Sky River has time to prep the AS (and make certain our check clears). We Happy! See you with the new rig at Casini!!
Linda,

Great news!!..congratulations..now you can stretch out in your mansion!!!..and do the bed with ease
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:54 PM   #386
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Welcome to Club 25FB

Quote:
Not-really-a-rally Peeps: our 23-foot Safari met with an unexpected accident in Paso Robles - it became a trade-in at Sky River RV on a 25-foot CCD FB with Ocean Breeze interior. Life will begin anew tomorrow morning when we pick it up and head north again. . We Happy! See you with the new rig at Casini!!
I sure hope it wasn't anything that any of us said that pushed you toward the new baby. The Club 25FB is growing rapidly, glad to see we have a little variety now that we have a CCD member. There is no pleasure better than a Ford PSD pulling a 25FB across our great nation. We will have to take a group picture at Casini. Until then, have a blast with your newborn.

Time
TIMEMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:59 PM   #387
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Otters,
Congrats on the new trailer.
I'd be interested in you overall opinion of your Sky River experience. I live about a mile away and visit often. So far I'm reasonably impressed.
The trailer accidents are such a bummer, we had our 25' Sarari totalled for us in August '06. Not fun. Oh well, a new beginning - right?
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #388
1 Rivet Member

Super photos everyone!!!!
Thank you for the great hopitality on Saturday night, it was so nice seeing all of you again. I'm so sorry we did not get a chance to partake of the activities on Sunday. It had been a while since we last got together with our daughter, so we ended up spending time with her.
Hopefully at the next rally it will just be the two of us, that way we can participate in all the fun
blkcat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:54 PM   #389
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Quote:

Congrats, Ron and Linda! What a great trailer you're getting! Enjoy!
Old 02-20-2007, 04:56 PM   #390
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
We understand

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcat1
Super photos everyone!!!!
Thank you for the great hopitality on Saturday night, it was so nice seeing all of you again. I'm so sorry we did not get a chance to partake of the activities on Sunday. It had been a while since we last got together with our daughter, so we ended up spending time with her.
Hopefully at the next rally it will just be the two of us, that way we can participate in all the fun
We had a great time with you on Saturday, thank you again for your generous donation of fine ribs and salmon...uhmmmm. Your Airstream family is always second to blood, and that is how it should be, unless of course your talking about Kevbo, and then it is a mixed bag, to say the least.

Time
TIMEMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:03 PM   #391
3 Rivet Member

Ponderay , Idaho
Matching Units!

Quote:

Congratulations on your new trailer, we picked ours up recently-the same one! We LOVE it! Looking forward to seeing everyone at Casini.

Finncrew

PS Are you all sure those peeps aren't spys? Looks like Kevbo sent them over from Deadhorse to keep on eye on y'all! (See pic in post 321)
Tincrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #392
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
Dead Horse Convention, Road Trips, 'bu, Tips, Peeps...

yikes!

i'm on the road for one week, and all heck is breaking out!!!

let's see...

mr. n ms. otter; i'm moving in shortly... i'll need room for me, peeps, and my decorations... like a lota room...

i'm roaming all over the west, and now i'm roaming and like reading 4,000 posts...

mr. and ms. time, i'm sensing your close... real close... dot dot dot dash dash dash dot dot dot

hott travel tip for the newer dream streams; this is what i ALWAYS do... say leave your water pump switch in the "on" position while dragging your dream stream, so that when you arrive at your next boondocking camp, say after dark, you'll have all that nice fresh water in ur grey tanks, right where you need it. very helpfull. i like do it all the time, like yesterday.

so anyway, i'm in search of americana, and chaos. it seems to break out every where i go... no matter what. i'll be posting pics...

it looks like you all had a blast... next time...

and remember,

Peeps Are For Keeps,

Kevin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	peeps in window.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	32726  
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:01 PM   #393

Pleasanton , California
BamCamper - You shouldn't have shown me the inside of your Bambi. I thought I didn't like the Ocean Breeze, but I did a 180 after the tour. Guess I'm a sucker for aluminum swirls on the walls and panoramic windows front and back. BTW, our sales guy remembered your Bambi repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrzowt
Otters,
Congrats on the new trailer.
I'd be interested in you overall opinion of your Sky River experience. I live about a mile away and visit often. So far I'm reasonably impressed.
The trailer accidents are such a bummer, we had our 25' Sarari totalled for us in August '06. Not fun. Oh well, a new beginning - right?
Dave
It's not a traffic accident, but a checkbook fatality. My initial impression of Sky River is very positive. Nevertheless, we went through the kubuki dance with the mysterious sales manager (never saw him, of course) over the price. You know the drill: salesman is on your side but has to do battle with the sales manager for you. Back and forth, back and forth. It was friendly, but still it reminded me of junior high school. The only reason we suffered through it is that this AS was perfect, except for the standard oven instead of a microwave-convection unit. Nevertheless, we got awnings all the way around, a skylight in the galley area, and a nice audio-video package.

And to the rest of the 25-foot FB ASers, you contributed to the decision too through the conversations we had at Malibu and the sight of your trailers all around.

Kevbo, you can sleep on the couch!
Old 02-22-2007, 11:22 AM   #394
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Otters and Fryzowt

Otters, That is a beautifull trailer! It was not out when we got ours. If it had been thats what we'd have. Congradulations.

Fyrzowt, We have gottoen two trailers from Skyriver and have been very happy with them. We will get our next one there too. As soon as this one wears out.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:00 PM   #395
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Laguna Beach , California
Ron and Linda....Congrats on your new rig! We know where we'll be hangin on the Grand Western Tour coming up!

We should all plan a 'Peeps Family Re-Union!' ???? Like try to get the Arizona family back with the NorCal Notreally a Rally Rally tribe? Are they all ID'd with tattoos? How will we know if there's an 'imposter'?

https://www.debraschottfineart.blogspot.com
Babeebloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:01 PM   #396
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Good Idea!

We can meet halfway. Say around Kingman or Blyhte. Bring your peeps and Mballs and we'll throw a rally.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:03 PM   #397
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
Like...Not really a rally rally gone to the Peeps?

like what I said above...sheesh...

https://www.debraschottfineart.blogspot.com
Old 02-22-2007, 03:04 PM   #398
Rivet Master

1963 19' Globetrotter
I just told 'Sharon' my peep....and she's All excited!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #399

Pleasanton , California
Grand Western Tour

Thank Babeebloos and Goincampin. We've been looking at the map for great places to stay during that Grand Western Tour. More to follow on that after some more noodling
Old 02-22-2007, 08:33 PM   #400
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Simi Valley , California
What?

tap, tap, tap...

what, ur all planning a party, and not a peep from me?

kevbo
Kevbo10 is offline   Reply With Quote