Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-23-2006, 10:01 AM   #1
pezz

1982 34' Limited
mire poix , midi pyrenees
News On European Airstream Meeting

Hi all
Well it was a big hit, as far are we were concernd, 17airstreams all together with the ones in our trailer park, I know that's not a lot to you in the USA but for us here it's lots.

One got lost on the way coming from the UK and got pulled into Paris, and ended up going up the "Champs Elysées" to get here, only 800km further on.

It was a great week-end, good weather, good band, good wine not to
mention the BBQ, the sound of laughter could be heard across the camp till the late hours, I rather send a sound track than photos, we were a real mixed bunch of all ages, lots of fun and Airstream infos were passed on.
Just when you think you know a lot about airstreams another amazing bit of information comes along.

It looks that next year we're going to be lots more.
We will keep the same dates, first week-end of August.

If there anyone who was at the rally is reading this, nice one thanks for your visit.

There is some photos on my site, they should be on by tomorow.
Keep sending them in if you have any.

This meeting was organised by Perry & Coline the owners of "Belrepayre Airstream & Retro camping" (trailer park in the south of france)

After reading a lot about the life of Wally Byam I saw he liked bringing people together, we have definitly something in commun.

So I shall say good bye for now and wish all you airstreamers a great futur and FUN !

Here is an photographic aperitif !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YEAH MAN !_48_1.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	25087  
Old 08-23-2006, 10:34 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Perry, that sounds wonderful. I cannot imagine making an accidental detour through Paris and down the Champs Elysees! That camp story would be hard to beat. It sounds like you had a strong turnout, and with the promise of a repeat next year, this seems to be an "annual" meeting for those of you in Europe. Congratulations of a fine rally and photos ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote