Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-01-2011, 02:25 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
FDR is one of our favorite campgrounds, and the area is awesome - Callaway Gardens etc. Not sure our plans for that weekend yet, but definitely we will consider this rally.

FYI, I found out (the hard way) that private canoes/kayaks are not allowed on the lake, although there are some other canoing/kayaking options in the area.
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Friends of Ga pass should work for Callaway gardens and the museum, We have used it for a couple of years, family plan is best as they give you the money back by offering a couple of free nights at the cgs.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:08 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Send a message via AIM to Silverexpress
Man, sorry to hear that kayaks are not allowed on the lakes! I was planning on bringing our boats. Well, at least I now know not to bring them. Thanks for the advice.
AIR #34494

Living the Airstream Life:
Silverexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:13 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Ya, I'm pulling together a list of stuff to do to the Safari in preparation for the spring season. Right now it's grease the wheel bearings, brake check, get my tail lights working properly and convert to the new style LED lights, and have my hitch setup checked to see if it's set up right. Oh ya, and get the propane tanks topped off. Probably more to do once I think about it. Our first trip of the season will be in February, heading to the Golden Isles out of Brunswick, Ga.
AIR #34494

Old 01-05-2011, 06:42 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Tac-georgia-f.d. Roosevelt state park

I plan on checking into this. Great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFL View Post
Friends of Ga pass should work for Callaway gardens and the museum, We have used it for a couple of years, family plan is best as they give you the money back by offering a couple of free nights at the cgs.
AIR #34494

Old 01-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #26
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress View Post
Man, sorry to hear that kayaks are not allowed on the lakes! I was planning on bringing our boats. Well, at least I now know not to bring them. Thanks for the advice.
We also found out after hauling our golf cart to the campground that they are not allowed either...must have an automobile tag on all vehicles with one exception and that is to go from the campsite to the bath house if you are legally mobility impaired (i.e. in a wheel chair or need a walker/cane) and then you can't use it for any other purpose. We had planned on participating in all the ranger programs, etc. and thought the golf cart would be an environmentally friendly alternative to spewing diesel exhaust all over the campground for the whole Labor Day weekend. Oh well, the best laid plans.

FDR is truly one of Georgia's gems of a State Park and was only an hour's drive from our former home.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:24 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate View Post
We also found out after hauling our golf cart to the campground that they are not allowed either...must have an automobile tag on all vehicles with one exception and that is to go from the campsite to the bath house if you are legally mobility impaired (i.e. in a wheel chair or need a walker/cane) and then you can't use it for any other purpose. We had planned on participating in all the ranger programs, etc. and thought the golf cart would be an environmentally friendly alternative to spewing diesel exhaust all over the campground for the whole Labor Day weekend. Oh well, the best laid plans.

FDR is truly one of Georgia's gems of a State Park and was only an hour's drive from our former home.
opps, anyway, we are bringing the bicycles so hopefully we can get around ok with those plus they are quite handy for Calloway Gardens. They have a lot of paved bike paths. You guys moved to Florida right? Hope that worked out ok.
AIR #34494

Old 01-06-2011, 05:09 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2020 27' Globetrotter
1999 25' Safari
Somewhere , Ohio
Hi Silverexpress.

Not to hijack this thread, but since you mentioned it, what are the "Golden Isles of Brunswick, GA"? Never heard of them, but are looking for nice campgrounds for family trips along the shore.

Thanks.

Deb
Air Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:51 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Tac-georgia-f.d. Roosevelt state park

Folks, don't procrastinate in getting your reservations in for the F.D. Roosevelt State Park campout. There are spots available now but they will be gone sooner rather than later. Also google up now and then information updates on events both a Callaway Gardens and also the park itself. For those who haven't been to Callaway we will group up and bicycle tour the area at a leisurely pace on one of the days. The Butterfly House is always good.

It's time to begin thinking about getting those aluminum pills out of storage and onto the road! Aluminum just seems to spoil if left in the refrigerator too long!
AIR #34494

Old 01-11-2011, 02:41 PM   #30
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
opps, anyway, we are bringing the bicycles so hopefully we can get around ok with those plus they are quite handy for Calloway Gardens. They have a lot of paved bike paths. You guys moved to Florida right? Hope that worked out ok.
Bikes are fine since they are not motorized and are "street legal".
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:32 AM   #31
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Spring time at Callaway Gardens

May should be a great time to take in all the beautiful blooming flowers and other plants both outside and in the covered gardens. Bring your camera!
AIR #34494

Old 01-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
I will add the bikes and remove the kayaks. Did you find out anything on using the Georgia Parks friends pass for Calloway?
Old 01-27-2011, 11:06 AM   #33
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
I just got off the phone with Callaway Gardens and they said that no, they do not accept the Georgia Parks Friends Pass for entry into Callaway. But hey, it works great in the State Parks! You will save money in the long run. I think when you purchase entry that the pass you get is good for the weekend--not totally sure it I recall something like that.
Time for me get the ol Airstream out of storage mothballs and get it tuned up for the season. That will happen this next week.
AIR #34494

Old 02-01-2011, 05:06 AM   #34
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
F.D. Roosevelt Rally, May 27-30, 2011

I see that several have signed up on the TAC website so the event is beginning to pick up. Let's encourage more to sign up!
AIR #34494

Old 02-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #35
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
TAC Roosevelt State Park Campground in Georgia

Donald, Kristi and Dutch Puppy just made reservations for Memorial Day weekend at Roosevelt State Park campground. We made the reservations online and there are still more 40 foot sites available.
Kristi Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:53 AM   #36
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi Foster View Post
Donald, Kristi and Dutch Puppy just made reservations for Memorial Day weekend at Roosevelt State Park campground. We made the reservations online and there are still more 40 foot sites available.
That's great news! Be seeing you and all there. Good to also hear there are some additional larger sites available. Hopefully we can get some more aluminum into the park.
AIR #34494

Old 02-22-2011, 05:11 AM   #37
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
F.D. Roosevelt Rally, May 27-30, 2011

We just got back from a great trip to Georgia's Golden Isles. Stayed in a top notch RV park called Goastal Georgia RV in Brunswick. As usual I was the only Airstream unit in the park for the entire stay. Those motor coaches and white boxes don't sway me at bit but it's nice to have a few Airsteams gleaming in the park at the same time. So, let's have a good turnout for this TAC event!
AIR #34494

Old 02-22-2011, 07:45 AM   #38
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Quote:
I just got off the phone with Callaway Gardens and they said that no, they do not accept the Georgia Parks Friends Pass for entry into Callaway. But hey, it works great in the State Parks! You will save money in the long run. I think when you purchase entry that the pass you get is good for the weekend--not totally sure it I recall something like that.
Time for me get the ol Airstream out of storage mothballs and get it tuned up for the season. That will happen this next week.
Pass is good for two cars for the year following purchase.
Started checking over MH from winter storage, but will leave the mothballs hanging on the fuel tank brackets and one in front of the radiator, springtime is nest building time.
Did discover while washing the roof that the Fallaminium at Hiawassee left it's mark, we parked under the walnut trees and took a direct hit on the rear a/c shroud. Next time we will move and not jepordize being hit, even if it was a perfect spot otherwise.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:56 AM   #39
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
I have used mothballs in my unit to ward off rodents in the past and it did work but haven't heard about hanging them on the outside. Worth considering for sure. Just returned from the Golden Isles area of Georgia and had a great time. Stayed at Coastal GA RV Resort in Brunswick and it was very very nice. Highly recommended. Our next trip is to Savannah for the annual music festival next month.
AIR #34494

Old 03-05-2011, 03:04 PM   #40
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
TAC: GA - F.D. Roosevelt State Park

This is a very interesting and revealing video of F.D. Roosevelt. Worth watching if you can.

http://http://video.pbs.org/video/1049332797/

Roosevelt was the only President to be elected for four (4) terms. After he died during his fourth term in Georgia, Congress amended the U.S. Constitution to only allow two terms.

Here is also a link for Warm Springs of general interest:
Warm Springs Ga - Georgia's hidden treasure - Warm town Warm people

Looking forward to our get together. Anyone interested be sure and make your reservation.
AIR #34494

Tags
fdr state park, ga-tac, rally