Old 12-17-2010, 07:29 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Send a message via AIM to Silverexpress
Swim The Warm Springs, Dip Into The Past

May 28-May 30: Roosevelt Little White House Historic Site:

Swim in the historic pools built by President F.D. Roosevelt as a place for therapy. Normally kept empty for preservation, the shallow pools will be filled with naturally warm spring water. Tickets to the swim may be purchased over the phone with credit card. Space is limited to 80 participants per session. Reservations are suggested. All remaining tickets will be sold first-come, first-served, based on availability. No reservation is secured until payment is received. 1. $20 adults; $12.50 ages 6 to 17; Family Package-$75. 706-655-5870.

I wondered the last time I visited why the hot springs were not available for the public to use since that would be enjoyable. Now you get the chance during the rally to do just that!

AIR #34494

Living the Airstream Life:
Silverexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Just received my cc bill and was trying to figure out what the Georgia state park charges were for, duh, we made reservations last month at Roosevelt, CRS moving over from misplaced tools to long range planning. When we get the 2012 calendar will mark the dates.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:06 AM   #17
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Know what you mean. I use a calendar software tool to keep track of things, mainly because I can't seem to remember dates, very bad at that. I plan on calling the park today to see at about what date the park books up. Just a rough gauge to inform folks who are thinking of going to the park for the rally.
AIR #34494

Old 12-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
As of today there are ample spots available at F.D. Roosevelt but that will chance once we get into the new year.
AIR #34494

Old 01-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #19
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Set a New Years Resolution to use your Airstream even more in 2011. Mark your calendar for the F.D. Roosevelt State Park and make your reservation! It should be fun. There are plenty of Airstream trailers and motorhomes in the Georgia area so surely some of you can make this event.
AIR #34494

Old 01-01-2011, 12:37 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress View Post
Set a New Years Resolution to use your Airstream even more in 2011. Mark your calendar for the F.D. Roosevelt State Park and make your reservation! It should be fun. There are plenty of Airstream trailers and motorhomes in the Georgia area so surely some of you can make this event.
Not only Ga but it will be a nice trip from Central Fl, I've even seen a lot of AS down here, but I don't know if most of them ever move.

Happy New Year, excellent resolution I am planning to try to schedule even a short trip at least once a month to keep all the parts lubricated and dust of the rust that accumilates on the rotors.

Last week we were freezing today I was sweating doing a little woodwork around the toilet, tile next.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Marietta , Georgia
FDR is one of our favorite campgrounds, and the area is awesome - Callaway Gardens etc. Not sure our plans for that weekend yet, but definitely we will consider this rally.

FYI, I found out (the hard way) that private canoes/kayaks are not allowed on the lake, although there are some other canoing/kayaking options in the area.
2014 Ford F250 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley Hitch
WBCCI #1271

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Friends of Ga pass should work for Callaway gardens and the museum, We have used it for a couple of years, family plan is best as they give you the money back by offering a couple of free nights at the cgs.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:08 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Man, sorry to hear that kayaks are not allowed on the lakes! I was planning on bringing our boats. Well, at least I now know not to bring them. Thanks for the advice.
AIR #34494

Old 01-03-2011, 07:13 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Ya, I'm pulling together a list of stuff to do to the Safari in preparation for the spring season. Right now it's grease the wheel bearings, brake check, get my tail lights working properly and convert to the new style LED lights, and have my hitch setup checked to see if it's set up right. Oh ya, and get the propane tanks topped off. Probably more to do once I think about it. Our first trip of the season will be in February, heading to the Golden Isles out of Brunswick, Ga.
AIR #34494

Old 01-05-2011, 07:42 AM   #25
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Tac-georgia-f.d. Roosevelt state park

I plan on checking into this. Great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFL View Post
Friends of Ga pass should work for Callaway gardens and the museum, We have used it for a couple of years, family plan is best as they give you the money back by offering a couple of free nights at the cgs.
AIR #34494

Old 01-05-2011, 08:47 AM   #26
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress View Post
Man, sorry to hear that kayaks are not allowed on the lakes! I was planning on bringing our boats. Well, at least I now know not to bring them. Thanks for the advice.
We also found out after hauling our golf cart to the campground that they are not allowed either...must have an automobile tag on all vehicles with one exception and that is to go from the campsite to the bath house if you are legally mobility impaired (i.e. in a wheel chair or need a walker/cane) and then you can't use it for any other purpose. We had planned on participating in all the ranger programs, etc. and thought the golf cart would be an environmentally friendly alternative to spewing diesel exhaust all over the campground for the whole Labor Day weekend. Oh well, the best laid plans.

FDR is truly one of Georgia's gems of a State Park and was only an hour's drive from our former home.
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2000 27' Safari
Suwanee , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate View Post
We also found out after hauling our golf cart to the campground that they are not allowed either...must have an automobile tag on all vehicles with one exception and that is to go from the campsite to the bath house if you are legally mobility impaired (i.e. in a wheel chair or need a walker/cane) and then you can't use it for any other purpose. We had planned on participating in all the ranger programs, etc. and thought the golf cart would be an environmentally friendly alternative to spewing diesel exhaust all over the campground for the whole Labor Day weekend. Oh well, the best laid plans.

FDR is truly one of Georgia's gems of a State Park and was only an hour's drive from our former home.
opps, anyway, we are bringing the bicycles so hopefully we can get around ok with those plus they are quite handy for Calloway Gardens. They have a lot of paved bike paths. You guys moved to Florida right? Hope that worked out ok.
AIR #34494

Old 01-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Somewhere , Ohio
Hi Silverexpress.

Not to hijack this thread, but since you mentioned it, what are the "Golden Isles of Brunswick, GA"? Never heard of them, but are looking for nice campgrounds for family trips along the shore.

Thanks.

Deb

Tags
fdr state park, ga-tac, rally