Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: What day is everyone arriving?
Saturday 4 19.05%
Sunday 2 9.52%
Monday 1 4.76%
Tuesday 2 9.52%
Wednesday 4 19.05%
Thursday 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2006, 06:42 PM   #221
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Tents are allowed - see guidelines below

I received the following information from our rally hosts:

We have developed guidelines for tents; there may be other tents; as follows:

Tents for children of paid units (Trailer or Motorhomes) that have grown children (20's 30's) will be charged the price of one additional adult each as per the registration form, assuming that they will use the parents facilities.

Tenters not associated with a parent 's trailer or motorhome up to two adults will be charged $125.00.

All tents must be sponsored by a paid Trailer or motorhome.

All tents must be set up directly to the rear of the paid, sponsored unit.
The sponsored unit must be parked in the ouside ring of the circle only. No tents will be allowed in the inner circle other than the ones that are set up for the event.

There will be only one vehicle per site. You will have to park your vehicle outside of the campground area. We will have designated parking areas set up. We will be encouraging all units to park the tow vehicle or towed vehicle outside the camping area.

I'm a tent sponsor - I wonder if I get a ribbon for my badge for this?

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:35 PM   #222
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
Ouch!!!!! Holy military spec Batgirl! What could this all mean? I'm caught without my WBCCI decoder! Can she stay in a tent or not?! Yowza!

__
Be calm. We have not gone over to the dark side - The size and shape of the Fairground's camping area, the fact that we are doing a traditional circle rally parking formation and we want folks to be able to provide the best view of their rigs for Friday night's lighting display dictates where tents can be placed. This rally is at or near maximum capacity and the rally hosts are doing their best to accommodate everyone who wants to attend. As for costs - these are fair and reasonable for any region rally - I recommend you take a peek at our R1R website to see everything that is being offered, it's going to be a fantastic event! - link is below.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:52 PM   #223
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
...it's going to be a fantastic event!...
I second that! With regards to vintage, we currently have 24 vintage trailers signed up for the rally and all will be participating in the Saturday afternoon vintage open house. Earlier in the day on Saturday we have planned vintage seminars on various topics such as repairing a refrigerator, polishing the exterior, interior restoration, interior design and buck vs. olympic riveting.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 05:52 AM   #224
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
We are very excited Michelle! Thank you for sponsoring us. Can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks. Sending in our check to Earl today. Yippee! And you do get a silver badge.
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:35 AM   #225
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
kids at Region 1

Wow! Lots of kids coming for this rally! Thought I'd remind people who are coming with kids of the suggested list of things to bring:

bicycles
kites
lawn games to share
Harmonicas; key of 'C', 8-10 hole, Diatonic telescope (for adults too!, a few will be provided to share but if you happen to have one, bring it along)
Art supplies (we'll have some there for crafts, but if you have your own favorite art supplies...)
bathing suits (for lawn sprinklers)
flashlights
club name tag

And don't forget to take a look at the kids program page at http://www.wbcci1.org/ne/2006AlumiNations/Program.html

See ya at the kids tent!
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 06:39 AM   #226
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Wow! Lots of kids coming for this rally! Thought I'd remind people who are coming with kids of the suggested list of things to bring:

bicycles
kites
lawn games to share
Harmonicas; key of 'C', 8-10 hole, Diatonic telescope (for adults too!, a few will be provided to share but if you happen to have one, bring it along)
Art supplies (we'll have some there for crafts, but if you have your own favorite art supplies...)
bathing suits (for lawn sprinklers)
flashlights
club name tag

And don't forget to take a look at the kids program page at http://www.wbcci1.org/ne/2006AlumiNations/Program.html

See ya at the kids tent!
Hi dougjamie,

I'm bringing bocce ball and blongo ball for the kids to use.

Old 08-03-2006, 05:40 PM   #227
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamieAnd don't forget to take a look at the kids program page at [URL="http://www.wbcci1.org/ne/2006AlumiNations/Program.html"
http://www.wbcci1.org/ne/2006AlumiNations/Program.html[/URL]

See ya at the kids tent!
Nice kid's program! It makes me kinda wish I was a kid again. Wait! I still am (aren't I?).

I have a question about the bicycle parade -- are adults allowed? Perhaps you need an adult to lead the parade (hint, hint). If you need someone, I would be happy to dress up in my flamingo outfit to lead the parade. I promise to be on my best behavior!

Old 08-03-2006, 06:35 PM   #228
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukionna
Nice kid's program! It makes me kinda wish I was a kid again. Wait! I still am (aren't I?).

I have a question about the bicycle parade -- are adults allowed? Perhaps you need an adult to lead the parade (hint, hint). If you need someone, I would be happy to dress up in my flamingo outfit to lead the parade. I promise to be on my best behavior!
I'd like to see you try to petal a bicycle in that getup.

Old 08-04-2006, 02:25 PM   #229
4 Rivet Member

2007 30' Classic
marlborough , Massachusetts
I now have my decorations set for the big night. I will not be the brightest, biggest or best but I think I will be the only one with my theme. Can't wait. I hope I am not blinded by the lights coming from myboyburt!
Elaine L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:40 AM   #230
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Vintage Airstream sleuth contest

During the vintage open house, we will have a "Vintage Airstream Sleuth Contest". Everyone is encouraged to enter this contest to match vintage Airstream photos with their model/year/length. The grand prize winner will receive a vintage Airstream and a vintage tow vehicle.

To enter is simple -- you need to attend the Vintage Open house on Saturday between 2-4 and fill out a ballot. The ballot consists of photos of each of the vintage trailers at the open house plus a few bonus photos (to be used as a tie-breaker). All you have to do is match the trailer photo with the model-year-length chosen from a list. There will also be a few additional vintage trailer photos on the ballot which will be used in the event of a tie. Stop by and show off YOUR vintage Airstream sleuthing skills!

Old 08-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #231
4 Rivet Member

2007 30' Classic
marlborough , Massachusetts
http://www.wbcci1.org/ne/movies/SillyThings.mov

remember when???? and the crowd went wild!!!
Elaine L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:57 AM   #232
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Hey, we're all somebody's kid!

Quote:
Absolutely! I think a tall woman dressed in a giant flamingo costume is just what the bike parade is calling out for! You're hired!!! And if you can pedal a decorated bike in that getup, you can look for me to be one of the paparazzi blinding you with flash as you make your way through.
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 08-06-2006, 07:04 AM   #233
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine L
I now have my decorations set for the big night. I will not be the brightest, biggest or best but I think I will be the only one with my theme.
A theme should count for something. I'm still themeless coming down to the wire... In fact, my theme might be "themeless".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine L
Can't wait. I hope I am not blinded by the lights coming from myboyburt!
Having seen a preview before she was finished adding all the lights, I would say bring sunglasses!
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 08-06-2006, 01:27 PM   #234
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Question about dinner on Thursday. What is our theme? Is it Italian? I think its in this thread somewhere but I'm too lazy to go find it. We are to bring something Italian for dinner right? What if Guido can't make it?
Old 08-06-2006, 03:15 PM   #235
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Italian Potluck Picnic

Yuki, has selected a Thursday Happy Hour and Dinner to be Italian Potluck Picnic. Bring a theme item to share (should serve 2x number of people in your rv/tent in this case). I would suggest you plan on serving for 6 - 8 as plenty.

Check the Unit newsletter for more information.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 04:03 PM   #236
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberlanders
Question about dinner on Thursday. What is our theme? Is it Italian? I think its in this thread somewhere but I'm too lazy to go find it. We are to bring something Italian for dinner right? What if Guido can't make it?
Hi Uberlanders,

"The Tube's" Galley will be available for you to use for potluck preparation. We will also have a large toaster oven (Leon bakes apple pies in it), a small outdoor gas grill, cooler(s) and lots of things to cook in so don't worry about packing a ton of cooking stuff, we are happy to share.

Old 08-06-2006, 04:35 PM   #237
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Wow! Thanks for the offer of use of your galley. I'm not sure if we'll make our tasty treat there or at home before we leave. Just depends on how organized we get. We are very excited. Now we need to find something to illuminate the tent with.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:07 PM   #238
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Smile A quiet & soft, yippee!

This coming Saturday we'll begin to arrive at the fairgrounds. We are the early workers, parking in the bull pen until the campground has been laid out to fit all the rigs that have signed up to attend. I cannot even begin to explain the excitement we are feeling. This will be an event the WBCCI will not soon forget!

Look out folks, the rally hosts have designed this event to meet the needs of all members! For the "club won't change" folks - sorry, the club will change and the NEU is a wonderful example of how change will come about. Join us if you can! This promises to be a fantastic event!

Old 08-08-2006, 04:37 AM   #239
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Pelham , New Hampshire
Birthday Cake

Hi everyone, please join us Thursday evening for a piece of birthday cake to help celebrate the 50th year of the NE unit.
Plates and forks will be provided. Make this your dessert after the pot luck because there will be plenty!!

Hope to see everyone there!!
bobandcarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:49 AM   #240
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
Cool -- I'm with you on this one! Get your silver shiny and get on the GRAASS!
So does this mean you're going to get your silver shiny and join us for some birthday cake? I just love it that there's a WBCCI unit older than many of its members. Real cause for celebration!

Myboyburt -- We're going to try to show up for Tuesday evening. Just me and a few little jr. worker bees along. We're leaving one of the family worker bees home to work for a few days, but he'll join us later. Can't wait!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650