View Poll Results: Are you attending the rally and are you interested in a "Forum Members" happy hour?
I would like to meet & greet other forum members at a Happy Hour. 13 68.42%
Happy hour does not interest me. 0 0%
I want to but cannot make it. 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2004, 10:54 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Thumbs up Florida Happy HOur

Edie I'd like you meet my friend John, John this is my friend Edie
Hello Edie and Hello John!
Sure wish I could snap my fingers and be back in central Florida for next week. If I could I would come by and have Happy Hour with ya'alll! Edie how are you ? I haven't seen you since Mystic Springs original 7. Hope you and Brett and doing well laughing alot and having fun as usual.
Peter and I met John out in New Mexico at a rally where John was the camp host at the state park. That was fun, the stars out there at night cast shadows they are so close and bright.
We'll be at the Canyon of the Eagle campout that week end. About a dozen Airstreams have signed on for the campout . 2 of them we also met first at the New Mexico Rally. I really enjoy meeting forum people then seeing them again and camping out all over the US.
Have fun at the Florida Rally 2004!
Let's Camp More in 2004

Old 01-15-2004, 02:55 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

If nothing happens my wife and I will be in the Sarasota area about the time of the rally. We are not members and have never attended a rally. Does the fairgrounds have water, electricity and a dump station? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
Wayne

Old 01-15-2004, 02:58 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Hello my friend Cindi,

I too wish that you and Peter could snap your fingers and be there for happy hour! Those stars were too cool, like we could reach up and touch them.

I'm really looking forward to meeting some new friends, Edie and Brett, tomorrow evening and the others that will be there. Who knows, maybe I'll rethink about joining the local WBCCI unit!!

Edie, what time do you expect to arrive?
Old 01-15-2004, 03:05 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Pittsfield , Maine
We hope to be in the area, sans Airstream, during the Rally. If so, we'll definitely drop in. I was born in Sarasota and lived there until I finished college - too many years ago to talk about it!

2003 GMC 3500 D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and 2000 Airstream Excella 30. WBCCI 7074
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 07:01 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Thumbs up What a gang!

It was great to have met both Brett and Edie and all of the warm, friendly and interesting people from the Ocala, FL unit.

We had a really nice dinner together and time to build some new friendships!

Thanks again for inviting me out to dinner-John
Old 01-18-2004, 07:36 PM   #20
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Quote:
Originally posted by wayner1239
If nothing happens my wife and I will be in the Sarasota area about the time of the rally. We are not members and have never attended a rally. Does the fairgrounds have water, electricity and a dump station? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
Wayne
The rally committee will provide you with parking, water, 3 amps of 120 Volt electricity, there will be a voluntary dump on the way out. Rally workers will attach the hose for you, all you have to do is pull the handle. Breakfast (normally donuts and bagels with coffee) each day, evening Ice cream and entertainment. A sit down dinner and more seminars, tours and contests (arts, crafts, pictures) than can be done in a long weekend. There will be dancing, a flea market, a new coach exhibit, a Vintage open house, the Airstream store and numerous other vendors. All this and fellowship with other Airstream owners! Look for the Forums sign up sheet in the main hallway at the Robards Arena.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 07:38 PM   #21
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
John,

We throughly enjoined meeting you and sharing our unit dinner with you. All of the members in attendance said that they look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for coming, sorry the nickel tour of the MH was so short. Airstreamers hate to be late
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 01-19-2004, 03:44 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

Brett
Thanks for the info. We should know in a few days if we can get to Sarasota in time to attend. I am ready to get out of this cold weather for a while!. According to your descriptin of the rally, I believe it will be very informative and fun.
Wayne
Old 01-19-2004, 06:49 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

Brett,
How do vintage units handle the grey water issue in a setting like that. We normally have to dump our blue belly daily or twice a day.
Heidi
Old 01-19-2004, 06:54 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Officially, there is no dumping of grey water. They make an announcement at the beginning of every Florida State Rally reminding people to not put out their their grey water hoses until the sun has set and to pick them up before the sun comes up.

The city mayor or councilperson is usually there during the announcement, so it's not really a secret.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:59 PM   #25
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Normally the Vintage units all park together. This is for the vintage open house and also for the WOW factor. The Vintage units are usually in a very visible location. IF they are not allowing the grey to do drained on the ground then the rally will make some type of allowance, wink, nudge. I know in Vermont they actually had some type of pipe system for the grey water draining. Worse case is a blue belly, but I would not worry too much. No one in your section is going to tattle on you. The only time they will notice is when they are out dumping their grey water
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Old 01-19-2004, 07:10 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Officially, there is no dumping of grey water. They make an announcement at the beginning of every Florida State Rally reminding people to not put out their their grey water hoses until the sun has set and to pick them up before the sun comes up.
Gee, why didnt I think of that?

Heidi
Old 01-19-2004, 07:35 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Brett,

Don't forget to PM me the address to mail in my unit members dues, along with the amount.

Hedi,

Was your Avart pic taken in Tucumcari?

John
Old 01-19-2004, 08:07 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

John,
Sure was. Anyone who's ever been there recognizes it.
When I first saw it I thought I was the only one in the world who knew it was there!! Found it by luck-and lots of driving.
Quote:
Was your Avart pic taken in Tucumcari?
Heidi