Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Are you attending the rally and are you interested in a "Forum Members" happy hour?
I would like to meet & greet other forum members at a Happy Hour. 13 68.42%
Happy hour does not interest me. 0 0%
I want to but cannot make it. 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2004, 06:38 PM   #21
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
John,

We throughly enjoined meeting you and sharing our unit dinner with you. All of the members in attendance said that they look forward to seeing you again. Thanks for coming, sorry the nickel tour of the MH was so short. Airstreamers hate to be late
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 02:44 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

Brett
Thanks for the info. We should know in a few days if we can get to Sarasota in time to attend. I am ready to get out of this cold weather for a while!. According to your descriptin of the rally, I believe it will be very informative and fun.
Wayne
wayner1239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 05:49 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

Brett,
How do vintage units handle the grey water issue in a setting like that. We normally have to dump our blue belly daily or twice a day.
Heidi
hhuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 05:54 PM   #24
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Officially, there is no dumping of grey water. They make an announcement at the beginning of every Florida State Rally reminding people to not put out their their grey water hoses until the sun has set and to pick them up before the sun comes up.

The city mayor or councilperson is usually there during the announcement, so it's not really a secret.
Old 01-19-2004, 05:59 PM   #25
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Normally the Vintage units all park together. This is for the vintage open house and also for the WOW factor. The Vintage units are usually in a very visible location. IF they are not allowing the grey to do drained on the ground then the rally will make some type of allowance, wink, nudge. I know in Vermont they actually had some type of pipe system for the grey water draining. Worse case is a blue belly, but I would not worry too much. No one in your section is going to tattle on you. The only time they will notice is when they are out dumping their grey water
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 01-19-2004, 06:10 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Officially, there is no dumping of grey water. They make an announcement at the beginning of every Florida State Rally reminding people to not put out their their grey water hoses until the sun has set and to pick them up before the sun comes up.
Gee, why didnt I think of that?

Heidi
Old 01-19-2004, 06:35 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Brett,

Don't forget to PM me the address to mail in my unit members dues, along with the amount.

Hedi,

Was your Avart pic taken in Tucumcari?

John
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 07:07 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

John,
Sure was. Anyone who's ever been there recognizes it.
When I first saw it I thought I was the only one in the world who knew it was there!! Found it by luck-and lots of driving.
Quote:
Was your Avart pic taken in Tucumcari?
Heidi
Old 01-19-2004, 07:23 PM   #29
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1968 17' Caravel
2005 30' Safari
Somewhere , roaming America
Pro-rated rally fee?

We'd like to go to the rally for just two nights because we have a prior obligation on the 19th. Does anyone know (officially) if we can show up Friday and pay a pro-rated rally fee?

Edie, we would attend Forum Happy Hour if it is Friday night or later.

-- RL
rluhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004, 07:48 PM   #30
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
I have sent an email to the rally director to see what he says about a pro-rated rate. I haven't seen one published for this rally. It was right on the form for the Region 3 rally.

I'll let you know what happens. I'll also keep you in mind regarding the happy hour.
Old 01-22-2004, 06:33 PM   #31
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Grey Water

Heidi - I remembered another way I've seen grey water handled. It has a name, but I can't remember it.

You place a bucket with a small hole in the bottom to "catch" your wash water. If the hole is small enough, the water drains slowly and it isn't obvious that the bucket isn't holding the water.

The idea is to not have an obvious change in water level over a short period of time. You also want to avoid mud where your bucket sits. The water should have time to drain away instead of sitting on the ground.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:33 PM   #32
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
I'm thinking that 4:30 Friday afternoon will be a good time for our Forums Happy Hour. Does that work for everyone who is planning to attend the rally?

Please check the unit locator board and sign in when you get there. I'm planning to put up a sign-in sheet for the forum members to be able to find each other. It will also have the time and location for the happy hour printed on it.

Don't forget, the flea market will be Saturday morning.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:42 PM   #33
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
See Brett or me to get your free AirstreamForums.com member button, so other forum members can recognize you at the rally! We will arrive on Monday, and our location will be on the Forum Member Locator on the bulletin board in Robards Arena.
Attached Images

Old 02-04-2004, 01:02 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

Flordia State Rally Schedule

Can someone post the schedule of events of the Flordia State Rally.
Marcus G. Grogan #29206: www.theitchyhitch.com
grogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 01:05 PM   #35
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Website

Have you checked the Florida State Rally website?
There is somewhat of a schedule there.

http://www.wbccifsr.com/

Well I thought I seen one there, I was wrong

Smily
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 01:15 PM   #36
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Marcus,

The schedule has been set, but I don't know who would have access to the details to post it. The rally schedule is normally handed out at check in in booklet form. Very much like the region rallies are done.

That being said, there are a few things that are pretty standard:

Evening entertainment starting around 6:00 PM with door prize drawings each night. There is also Ice cream after the evening events. There is a breakfast in the AM of bagels, muffins, and doughnuts each day with coffee. This is normally an hour affair, there is a BBQ dinner Sat night and during the morning on Sat is the rally flea market. There is also a scheduled Vintage open house to attend. I do not remember the day of the rally, but I think it was Saturday too.

There are normally one or two tours a day, and then there are the seminars, photo and craft competitions, nighttime dancing, the games contests, the display of new units presented by a local Airstream dealer. I would almost guarantee that there will be a Sky deck there. There was last year.

Many of the seminars are held multiple times so you can get to the one you want. some are on investing, some on trailer towing and safety, last year there was a Vintage seminar that was interesting.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Old 02-09-2004, 02:30 PM   #37
3 Rivet Member

Brett,

Do you know if registration will be allowed on site?

Wayne
Old 02-09-2004, 06:19 PM   #38
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Hi, I'm Brett's co-pilot. They do allow registration on site. I hope to meet you at the Forums happy hour, if not before.
Old 02-10-2004, 11:12 AM   #39
3 Rivet Member

Wonderful! I look forward to attending.

Wayne
Old 02-13-2004, 01:50 PM   #40
2 Rivet Member

Tropical Days

It's almost time for the Flordia State Rally. Anyone who is thinking about coming ,come on and have a great time.You will have the 3 (f's)-

- FUN

- FOOD

- FELLOWSHIP

SEE YOU AT THE RALLY !
Marcus G. Grogan #29206: www.theitchyhitch.com
grogan is offline   Reply With Quote