Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > WBCCI Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Are you attending the rally and are you interested in a "Forum Members" happy hour?
I would like to meet & greet other forum members at a Happy Hour. 13 68.42%
Happy hour does not interest me. 0 0%
I want to but cannot make it. 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2004, 12:18 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
2004 Florida State Rally

How many of you are planning on attending the Sarasota Rally? We will be going in early, since our unit volunteers at the rally.

The rally dates are 2/18/04 - 2/22/04

I am considering hosting a Happy Hour for all the forum members to get together and meet face to face. Is there any interest in that?
Old 01-05-2004, 12:29 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Talking Happy Hour Flordia State Rally

Yes, Edie G we will be there. We plan to be coming in on Sunday, Feb. 15th for the rally. If there is anything Amy and I can do to help you with Happy Hour we will be glad to do so
Marcus G. Grogan #29206: www.theitchyhitch.com
grogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 12:56 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Great Idea...

Would love too...but we're not planing on visiting FL this year.

However, if we happen to be in the neighborhood we'll be sure to stop by & say "Hi"

Have fun!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 04:24 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1984 29' Sovereign
Riverview , Florida
Do you have to be a member to attend?
newae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 05:36 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
You don't have to be a member of WBCCI as long as you own an Airstream or Argosy and are a potential member.

The rally web site is http://www.wbccifsr.com/

We'd love to have you join us!
Old 01-05-2004, 07:39 PM   #6
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Re: 2004 Florida State Rally

Quote:
Originally posted by Edie G
The rally dates are 2/18/04 - 2/22/04

I am considering hosting a Happy Hour for all the forum members to get together and meet face to face. Is there any interest in that?
Edie, will adult beverages be served? Or is it BYOB?
Terry
We are hoping to be there anyway...
Old 01-05-2004, 09:08 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
It will be typical WBCCI Happy Hour. That means BYOB and snacks. I'll provide the place and announce the time. I'll also provide a few snacks, but ask others to bring additional snacks.

Isn't hosting easy that way?

The standard WBCCI custom will be suggested. That means all adult beverages should be transferred from labeled bottles or cans to a cup or glass. Another option is to use a koozie that hides the label.

We'd love to see you there.

How is your transmission repair coming? We also have a unit rally scheduled for 1/15/04 - 1/18/04 in Orange City if you're repaired by then and interested.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:22 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Edie,

Where in Orange City are you having your rally?

Blue Springs?

Tks-John
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 04:20 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

The Big Bend Florida Unit will be Caravaning in on Monday. Some of us have volunteered to work on the Table and Chairs Committee.

See you in Sarasota
HURST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 11:25 AM   #10
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Hurst - The Florida Springs Unit is caravanning in on Monday as well. Our unit works on the chairs committee, too.

John - Our January rally is being held at Sunburst Orange City. Are you interested in attending?
Old 01-06-2004, 11:30 AM   #11
Rivet Master

Edie,

Yes, I'd like to come by and say hi to all, but I'll drive over since I'm staying just down the road. I'm too lazy to break down and pull the trailer over there.

John
Old 01-07-2004, 08:48 AM   #12
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally posted by Edie G

How is your transmission repair coming? We also have a unit rally scheduled for 1/15/04 - 1/18/04 in Orange City if you're repaired by then and interested.
The transmission has all its parts ready to be re-assembled as time permits. Automatic transmissions are the only thing I can't rebuild myself, and of course that is what broke.
1-15 will be too soon after surgery to be out and about- I just got home from the hospital yesterday, and it did not go as smoothly as was hoped, but I still want to attend in Feb.
Thanks, Edie.
Terry
Old 01-07-2004, 07:00 PM   #13
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
I'm off topic again...

John - our Happy Hours for the January rally are scheduled for 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We won't be there until Friday.

The group will be out on tours all day Saturday, but you're welcome to stop by whenever suits you.

Terry - I'm so sorry your surgery didn't go as well as expected. I hope you are feeling better soon and I look forward to hopefully seeing you in Sarasota.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:18 PM   #14
Rivet Master

Edie,

Great! I'll be by early evening on either Friday or Saturday.

Looking forward to meeting you and Brett.

John
Old 01-15-2004, 09:54 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Limited
1983 31' Airstream310
Austin , Texas
Thumbs up Florida Happy HOur

Edie I'd like you meet my friend John, John this is my friend Edie
Hello Edie and Hello John!
Sure wish I could snap my fingers and be back in central Florida for next week. If I could I would come by and have Happy Hour with ya'alll! Edie how are you ? I haven't seen you since Mystic Springs original 7. Hope you and Brett and doing well laughing alot and having fun as usual.
Peter and I met John out in New Mexico at a rally where John was the camp host at the state park. That was fun, the stars out there at night cast shadows they are so close and bright.
We'll be at the Canyon of the Eagle campout that week end. About a dozen Airstreams have signed on for the campout . 2 of them we also met first at the New Mexico Rally. I really enjoy meeting forum people then seeing them again and camping out all over the US.
Have fun at the Florida Rally 2004!
Let's Camp More in 2004
CatStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:55 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member

If nothing happens my wife and I will be in the Sarasota area about the time of the rally. We are not members and have never attended a rally. Does the fairgrounds have water, electricity and a dump station? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
Wayne
wayner1239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 01:58 PM   #17
Rivet Master

Hello my friend Cindi,

I too wish that you and Peter could snap your fingers and be there for happy hour! Those stars were too cool, like we could reach up and touch them.

I'm really looking forward to meeting some new friends, Edie and Brett, tomorrow evening and the others that will be there. Who knows, maybe I'll rethink about joining the local WBCCI unit!!

Edie, what time do you expect to arrive?
Old 01-15-2004, 02:05 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Pittsfield , Maine
We hope to be in the area, sans Airstream, during the Rally. If so, we'll definitely drop in. I was born in Sarasota and lived there until I finished college - too many years ago to talk about it!

2003 GMC 3500 D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and 2000 Airstream Excella 30. WBCCI 7074
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 06:01 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Thumbs up What a gang!

It was great to have met both Brett and Edie and all of the warm, friendly and interesting people from the Ocala, FL unit.

We had a really nice dinner together and time to build some new friendships!

Thanks again for inviting me out to dinner-John
Old 01-18-2004, 06:36 PM   #20
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Quote:
Originally posted by wayner1239
If nothing happens my wife and I will be in the Sarasota area about the time of the rally. We are not members and have never attended a rally. Does the fairgrounds have water, electricity and a dump station? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
Wayne
The rally committee will provide you with parking, water, 3 amps of 120 Volt electricity, there will be a voluntary dump on the way out. Rally workers will attach the hose for you, all you have to do is pull the handle. Breakfast (normally donuts and bagels with coffee) each day, evening Ice cream and entertainment. A sit down dinner and more seminars, tours and contests (arts, crafts, pictures) than can be done in a long weekend. There will be dancing, a flea market, a new coach exhibit, a Vintage open house, the Airstream store and numerous other vendors. All this and fellowship with other Airstream owners! Look for the Forums sign up sheet in the main hallway at the Robards Arena.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote