Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #361
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I do hope more ladies will introduce themselves here G. Lin has posted before and is three seas.

When I posted to the other list I did not direct traffic over here...(you may know how the list mistress feels about that!) I shall have to find out if she is a member here at AS forums, and a few others are in this thread or the other. We've begun to cc rally details now that we are coordinating the final plans.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:19 PM   #362
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Gosh you guys - what is with all th kudos - you are really going to make my head swell so much that I would never be able to do THIS
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_7680.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	38473

The hand job "literally" would be saving one boob from being sliced by the aluminum - YIKES. Sure glad I lost a bit of weight or I might still be up there

Hubby wants to put the new fan in (a fun job for him) I said I could do it - but it is "bait" (see I fly fish too but in a different method....to my madness). We have been holding off taking the old vent out thinking we were going to have to run all new 12v wire. The model we have is a base model with no fancy things or options. But we have found that they are all prewired for some options - like a fan or an AC etc. So it was a nice suprise when I took the inside trim pieces off.

Then I had to crawl up through to drill out the rivets - as I was not doing that from the ladder knowing my lucky I would add a few holes throught the roof.

Then back up to strip the old vulkum off and compound the area.... hey there is the other half of me - not looking my best with a fancy hairdoo and a look that is saying....is it the end of the day yet???

Name:	100_7681.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	38474

Each day I plug a little further - but from where I sit right now I can not see the light at the end of the tunnel quite yet.

Have to give up the hubby tomorrow to help a little lady up the road with her plumbing in her cottage. So I will get to do some painting and staining I think - and work on the two pluming stacks and remove the licence plate house.(although I don't have to do that right yet and it does not leak either)

Can not wait to get to the Rally for a big rest.

Steph I think a big Redwing logo would be so cool!

PS I could not wait so here is the first coat of stain on the front oak shelf - along with the paint samples on the paint stick - just one coat....I am really excited. I also have an automotive spray paint the accent colour which is a little richer than the laytex paintClick image for larger version

Name:	100_7676.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	38475

Where can I find some cute ladybugs anyone???
Name:   1268603.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  4.1 KB
05ModPod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 08:53 PM   #363
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
How is this one....looking for a logo for my trailer.....I can not tell you how many LadyBugs were actually in this trailer. Even when I took the ceiling vent out wow lots and lots so she really does suit her name.

Now if only I could grow 4 more arms I would have the trailer finished by now.

Here is my new handle....

Name:	LadyBlogo.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	38479
Old 06-03-2007, 03:52 AM   #364
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Love the LB logo Sharon! And the inside/outside vent pictures...lol Now if you had more arms you may not have fit, or perhaps you could save more charms from being sliced. (Is that why there are two of each ) Who puts the fantastic in the vent...why Sharon of course!

If more hubbies are following your progress they may be tempted to trading in for more productive modern models such as yourself instead of feeding chocolate to the honeydo list makers...

photography
Old 06-03-2007, 06:51 AM   #365
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hi Carol;

Yeah it is cute I found it last night on my travels through cartoon land - so I took it in photoshop and coloured it - thought she looke perfect - a little love handlish cause I know when I am 50+ and still Airstreaming I am going to have a few. That little sly look is hmm me through and through.

Just havin that many legs is how I feel every day - going in 6 different directions

PS Carol if you have not already ordered the tote - can I trade for a bib and pay you the extra few dollars - not really a bag lady.

Will have to get my order in and send it off to you or Stephanie to bring down for me.

Well we had a huge storm they did not call for last night - and we did not tape the vent lid up on the ceiling - so I am wondering now how much water poured into the open vent hole. - may have to drag out the dehumidifier - or if the trees protected her from the pumelling of rain that would be great - but with my luck I doubt it. I was planning on paintint the floor today - guess not if it is wet.

I think hubby would freak if I installed the FV - was reading the directions last night and it looks pretty simple. Only deal with them is they have to be filtered 12v power - which means we will have to install the intelli power unit too.

LadyB - at your service should you be needing any fixes at the rally....
Old 06-03-2007, 06:55 AM   #366
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Oh Carol I forgot to mention about your comment re Hubby trading in for a different model.

When Peter and I were first married - we were on opposite shifts. We had just moved into a new neighbourhood filled with new moms and their babies.

I did a lot of traveling with my Job - and my headlamp went on my car - so I got the manual out and picked up the bulb and proceeded to change it one evening when I got home.

I had two neighbours come over and ask me what I was doing - they shunned and said you might want to pick a time to do that when the husbands are not home - cause they will start talking and try and get us to do more things -

No word of a lie - I thought I had moved into the neighbourhood with the stepford wives....

We all became really great friends and our house became the party house as we had no kids (yet...at the time) maybe that is why we never had any...to provide relief for all those who did....
Old 06-03-2007, 11:47 AM   #367
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
No I guess I don't see you as a bag lady either. No problem, I will e-mail and check for your preference. I'm thinking you are wanting an apron?

Darn tootin they would say that! But it really isn't like I think I could change a headlamp...could I? Does my floor have a yellow waxy buid-up? I was thinking more along the lines Fernwood than Stepford...Mary Hartman Mary Hartman. Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman

photography
Old 06-03-2007, 01:06 PM   #368
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Hi Ladies! -- Just home from a weekend away with the girl scouts and I see there's lots of catchin' up to do.

Wow -- great progress on the ladybug, Sharon. And I love the new logo, too! Where'd you leave your head though?

Steph -- I've got you covered on the ballband warshrags. By now I'm just about an expert at it, so I'll bring along the knitting needles and a new yarn color, maybe ladybug red?

It's great to see the rally growing. Can't wait to meet up with all the forum friends and see some faces at long last!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:33 AM   #369
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Steph -- I've got you covered on the ballband warshrags. By now I'm just about an expert at it, so I'll bring along the knitting needles and a new yarn color, maybe ladybug red? -J
Hey Jamie, I can't wait to see your demonstration!! Those are the cutest washrags!! I'll bring my example of what not to do

Looking forward to the rally!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:50 AM   #370
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
Steph, your dish cloth is quite different from the one I knit. Would you share a pattern?
Hi Georgia,
This was another great tip from Jamie, she shared about the Mason Dixon knitting book (the website/blog has some free patterns too and is here) I understand that the washcloth pattern originally came from Peaches and Creme yarn ballbands, the pattern/picture is online at: Canadian Living : Ballband dishcloth and also at Ballband Dishcloth
I'm still in remedial knitting, getting into the swing of slip stitches/joining, etc but I think it looks awfully cute!! Wish you could be at the rally!!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:57 PM   #371
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey Jamie and Steph ....I could do that on my spare time Seriously - I know...many hidden talents - my Nana taught me how to knit - I used to do a lot of it when I was working full time - way back when...It was a way to "wind" down from dealing with a bunch of morrons all day.

But now I don't have to deal with any morrons but myself - so that is why I keep myself busy at all these projects , so I will not bother myself.

Peter just reminded me of my first two sweaters I knit - the first was that project I think everyone does with the post hole needle - or at least it resembles the size of a fence post. The pattern called for loose knitting. I guess I was so tense that my final size ended up being 2.5 sizes smaller than what was called for.

The second was matching his/her sweaters - My mistake was doing his first. I had lost count somewhere along the way and when the final product was tried on, Peter asked if one arm was suppose to be 4 inches longer than the other. Needles to say I did not knit any more sweaters for Peter.

Do any of you have an extra long arm? I think I can pull up that sweater still.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:27 AM   #372
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
All -- Sorry to take so long with this, but I finally got a cafepress shop set up for the Rivettes Summer Solstice '07 logo.

So, in case you need more goodies, you can visit the RSSR07 store here.

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 06-05-2007, 09:25 AM   #373
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
I love it, im for sure going to get something!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #374
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Kalamazoo , Michigan
My Order Is In!

Jamie and Sharon

I just placed my order for Danielle and I. Thank you for setting this up for us, Jamie! Sharon, thank you for the excellent work on the design! You two are great!!!

I am looking forward to meeting you Jamie and seeing you again Sharon. I just can't wait to see how much Lady bug has changed.

Time is getting close now!

Vickie
Air #5970
--------------------------
2001 F250 CC 7.3 PSD 4x4 ("Bubba")
2007 34' SO Classic ("Betty Lou II")
Towdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:29 PM   #375
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towdaddy
Jamie and Sharon

........... I just can't wait to see how much Lady bug has changed.

Time is getting close now!

Vickie
Vickie you are putting the expectation level way way way too high and I am getting really stressed out now......I am drinking all the black current wine

One thing is for sure -
it will smell nice!
it will not look like Charles Manson was in it AND
there will not be any snow coming through the Skylight.
there will be a back window - keeping fingers crossed that I arrive with all windows in tact - as Peter and I have a habit of breaking windows every trip we make. (Maybe i will have better luck)AND
all the lady bugs save one - me - will be on their way to lady bug heaven - the vacuum cleaner. AND
she will look VERY EMPTY!!!!! but carrying lots of wine and laughs - we could do wall to wall sleeping bags in there

Can not wait to see you guys again too - Is Danielle getting excited??? I bet she sees her Mom on cloud nine 24/7 so how could she not be
Old 06-05-2007, 04:50 PM   #376
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Thumbs up Great work Jamie!!

Oh my goodness Jamie!! Way to go girl!! Thanks to Sharon for the logo design work too!!

I am getting psyched. Ok now I have to post this photo, this is how the trailer appeared when we got it from the previous owners in 2006, this is my legal disclaimer pre rally that the lady driver didn't do it... Cause you know the first thing folks say is oh who was driving when that happened...

Caption: A MAN (Previous Owner) DID THIS
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	trailer dent 003.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	38714  
Old 06-05-2007, 10:42 PM   #377
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Men, think they know everything........
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 05:50 AM   #378
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I was just killing time with my tea before I get to go out "guttering" It has finally stopped raining so the stuff between the seams should be nice and soft easy to pull out. That way it should dry up faster before we get hit with more rain.

I was going back through the posts of this thread....first I have way too much time on my hands

Jamie is "Sally" getting pumped yet - I know she will not get to meet up with MoonBeam but LadyBug I am sure will be a great substitute.

So how many from the beginning of this thread will be coming to this Rally??

TinSista - you are cracking my up- how can one person be permently psyched 24/7 since December 12, 2006

Figured out what I need for my front lights - I need some old lampshade material - the inner linning....
Old 06-06-2007, 12:10 PM   #379
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Jamie is "Sally" getting pumped yet - I know she will not get to meet up with MoonBeam but LadyBug I am sure will be a great substitute.
Yep, Sally is getting pumped. I can hear her rockin' out there in the driveway now, to the tune of Born to be Wild...

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way...

Can't wait!!

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
Old 06-07-2007, 08:40 AM   #380
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Smile Great minds in the same channels....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjamie
Yep, Sally is getting pumped. I can hear her rockin' out there in the driveway now, to the tune of Born to be Wild...Can't wait!!
-J
Oho Jamie that's too funny!! I was thinking the same thing how I've got to pull out of the driveway with that tune playing as I head to the rally!!