Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-21-2006, 07:35 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Northern Ohio?

Greetings All!

I'm new here, and new to airstreaming! Recently I've notice several people posting from my area of Ohio. I'd like to get to know some fellow board members, and share some idea.

Would anyone be interested in getting together for a weekend prior to the snow flying? I'm thinking someplace like Findlay State Park or Mohican Wilderness.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:59 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hi Dan, welcome. You might check out the Metro Detroit thread here, there are folks from Ohio too and I think a fall rally is starting to be planned. The last post is also about WBCCI rallies but the others are not club rallies. Look for Lou and Larry, they must be right around your area. The editor of Airstream Life was just there for courtesy parking.

http://www.airforums.com/forum...=metro+detroit

http://tour.airstreamlife.com/weblog...grange_oh.html

Mohican Wilderness sounds interesting do you have some site links to add?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:09 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Ohio neighbor

Hi neighor! We are also in Lorain County, in the little village of La Grange! We have been wondering why the Ohio folks don't do a rally. We would love to meet with a bunch of the Ohioans. So far that has not come together.

Larry and I have an 1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 m. that we have been working on. We get to escape from here once in awhile to go camping! So far we have been out to the Metro Detroit Rally this year and spent a week on the road. We were hoping to join the group for another camp out before snow.

We like to have electricity at our site so we have not been to Findlay State Park. At last visit there they did not have it, but were thinking about putting it in. There are lots of great Ohio places to camp!!

Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:13 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Oberlin , Ohio here formely of Vermilion , have been to Findlay it is nice . Yes they are supposed to be putting in some electric sites. Mohican is fun We allways do the Canoe trip when there. I am planning on doing Clare-Mar Lakes
Friday night The 1st of Sept. and Sat night Sept. 2 have to leave Sunday for work. Work swing swifts rotating days off so camp when I can. Clare-Mar wouldnt take less than 3 Nights reservation so I am just showing up Fri. Night , They where pretty confident that there would be a site available.
S/OS #010
2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch.
Pulled by a 2019 F350 Superduty Limited.
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:21 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Columbus , Ohio
Great Idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB
Greetings All!
Would anyone be interested in getting together for a weekend prior to the snow flying? I'm thinking someplace like Findlay State Park or Mohican Wilderness.
I'd love to attend, (as soon as I talk to the wife) let's decide on a date, and get some reservations! I've wanted to give Mohican a try for some time, and it's somewhat centrally located to most Ohioans, so my vote is for there. --dave
Streamin 65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:52 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Clare-Mar Lalkes

If all goes well, we can make Clare-Mar on Fri. night and Sat. night! I am hoping that we can get a spot. Can you send us the phone number for there?

Maybe DanB and Streamin65 can figure out a way to be there too. We could spend some time planning a second date for a get together, maybe down at Mohican.
How 'bout the rest of you Ohioans??
Larry and Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-21-2006, 08:08 PM   #7
Old Paint, rolling again.

1973 Argosy 20
Lorain County , Ohio
Ohio get together

Hi Dan, Welcome!

Glad to hear that you are in the area. Our favorite spot to tow to is the Mid-Ohio Sportscar Course down in Lexington, OH... Just got back from the vintage race weekend. Larry and Lou might be up for a gathering there next year for the sports car races. Dry camping only but a wonderful setting...and the sweetest sounding 8am wake up call.

Findlay would be ideal for a very local get together but we may be up for a trip to Mohican also later in the summer/fall. Sadly, this weekend is out since I have to work Saturday.

BTW, didn't know that ctdair was in Oberlin also

Best wishes,

Steve
Have you never questioned those who travel? Have you paid no regard to their accounts- Job 21:29
sfixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 08:45 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
1987 25' Sovereign
1977 23' Safari
North Olmsted , Ohio
Thumbs up

Guess I could chime in here also. Just got a PM from Loudruff and thought that it might be this coming weekend...Whew! what a relief...the first weekend in September sounds great..
Keep me posted as to what you decide.
Dave
Old 08-22-2006, 08:03 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Clare-Mar Lake

This is the link for this cg: http://www.claremar.com/Pages/Contact.html

As stated this cg does not accept reservations for less than 3 nights and it IS a holiday weekend.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-22-2006, 09:19 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
I probably could make it to Clare-Mar on Sept.1 and 2. Kinda short notice, and I'm not sure my Safari would be prepped (Belly pan down right now), but I'd probably drive down and spend a few hours if I can't camp!

Maybe this could be an unofficial shake-down trip or planning session for an Ohio Rally?

Some triva: Did you know there was a "Wally Railroad" that ran thru the Mohican Valley along the river? Hmmmm, thats good karma!
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:49 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Ohioans

I've often wondered where all the Ohioans are! We'll be at East Harbor State Park on October 6-8.
Roadsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:38 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
East Harbor

We have been to East Harbor. It has been a long time. What part of OH are you in? We are hoping that we can all get together for an informal "rally" before snow flies. Maybe you would consider joining us?
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-22-2006, 03:30 PM   #13
4 Rivet Member

Well I plan on showing up friday sept 1st as indicated and hope there are spots as the girl at the gate thought there would be when I drove there last night.
SFIXX I think I saw You towing north just a few days ago down Baumhart road I beleive. Or someone else in the area has one just like your picture.I had planned on clare-mar because of electric hook up.My weekend is short and I thought Mohican just a little far to return to work sunday afternoon.If we all show up and there are no spots at Clare-mar I am not sure what to do. If it sounds like a go My wifes suggestion is to make pot luck chilli for fri supper ,
We have a tripod and 10quart dutch oven to hang over the fire , although we may have to make several pots one pot feeds 4-5 people I recall.Plan on showing sometine around 3-4pm. SFIXX where in oberlin , I live behind the Vocational school.
S/OS #010
Old 08-22-2006, 05:47 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Columbus , Ohio
We're ready!!!

I'll make reservations tomorrow for the labor day weekend (fri, sat,sun) at Clare-Mar tomorrow if some others plan to attend. DanB, if possible, get that belly pan rigged up somehow and get her to the CG!!!! I can help you with fixin' some things on her there if needed. (My truck is generally filled with tools). Hope we can pull this off, I've been looking forward to meeting other OH Airstreamers! --dave
Old 08-23-2006, 03:13 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
1987 25' Sovereign
1977 23' Safari
North Olmsted , Ohio
June, I and a couple of the pups should be able to make it Friday and Saturday.
Hope to see ya all soon...
Dave
Old 08-23-2006, 11:06 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Reservations

If you make reservations out there are they giving you specific site numbers? If so make sure to let us know so that we can try to get a spot nearby.

Larry and I thought maybe we would drive out and see what it looks like.
Maybe this weekend.
Lou
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-23-2006, 03:04 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

Ok It sounds like we will have attendees , perhaps we should contact Claremar and they would make a block of sites available since we are a group and possiblly waive the 3 day stay for reservations in case anyone else has to work sunday.
S/OS #010
Old 08-23-2006, 03:47 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
checked it out

We went to see it this afternoon. Clare-Mar caters to the permanent site camper and park models, around a large lake. They have a section that is set up for overnight/weekend campers. There is a nice lake that looks to be good for kayak, canoes, small row boats. The restrooms are not very great. RV toilets attached to a riser on concrete floors. One shower,each side (men's and women's), in need of updating. Pretty pricey for what we saw. The gal at the gate says that it will be a busy place for that weekend. She highlighted a bunch of sites on the map for us to go and look at. We did not ask the question about group rates or discount.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-23-2006, 03:51 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
reservations

BluCloud did you call for reservations?? and if so do you have a site number??
Let us know. Maybe we can all get into one area. Sites # 584-595 and 617-629 are the ones that she highlighted on the map. We will call for our reservations as soon as you let us know if you got a site.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 08-23-2006, 03:52 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Columbus , Ohio
Reservations made/ Group sites on hold

I just contacted Clare-mar (1-800-589-5789) and was told there is a three day minimum on holiday weekends and that sites are first come, first serve. However, I did make my reservations for the labor day weekend (fri, sat, sun) and had her "tentatively" hold five more sites for us under the "Airstream" group for a few days. If you plan to attend, please make your reservations by Friday to reserve your site if you would like to camp as a group. Also, if someone has a preference as to which sites to get in the campground, feel free to reserve a certain area for us. I've never been there, so I dunno which sites are the best. Hope to see ya'll there! --dave