Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 07:52 AM   #21
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Dump fee is around $60.

Yes, generators are permitted.
People try to be considerate about them but it’s never really quiet on the playa anyway.

Bring ear plugs.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:51 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Excella 500
1977 31' Excella 500
Toronto , Ontario
Not that bad considering. Thanks
Old 01-11-2018, 09:50 AM   #23
Luminous

1983 27' Excella
Vesuvius , Virginia
https://www.popville.com/2018/01/hol...n/#more-195746
Old 01-12-2018, 12:47 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Excella 500
1977 31' Excella 500
Toronto , Ontario
Tickets

looking at tickets that go on sale

Jan 24-26 we are talking $990

vs. March 21st - 23rd at $425.

regarding the experience of others. Which tickets should one buy? Does it matter that we have an Trailer?
Old 01-12-2018, 10:56 PM   #25
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotTyers View Post
looking at tickets that go on sale

Jan 24-26 we are talking $990

vs. March 21st - 23rd at $425.

regarding the experience of others. Which tickets should one buy? Does it matter that we have an Trailer?
You need one ticket per person and one vehicle pass for whatever you are driving. The trailer doesn’t need a vehicle pass. Get the cheapest ticket you can. There is no difference in tickets except price. Good luck!

Old 01-16-2018, 10:56 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by sburrw View Post
Hey Bam and all,
Rachel and I will not able to make it this year, staying on the east coast. She wanted to go and looked into being on the psych team..maybe next year. I went from dragging her there to an enthusiastic "I want to go again!". You're right--it's not for everyone. If fact there are few people I know who I think would enjoy it.
We will miss you all!
If someone's on the fence about coming, send me a note or call.
Regards,
Steve and Rachel Williams
sburrw@gmail.com
352/383-3282
(Remember there's always Black Rock City International Airport 88NV, with regular shuttle flights in and out from Reno, Oakland, who knows this year.) And they are usually looking for volunteer help. We've had camp members play air traffic control more than once. Ground control is always fun

NevadaGeo
Old 01-16-2018, 11:19 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Hey Welcome Home everyone! And extra extra extra thanks to everyone that pitched in and Made our Airstreameri and What Not camp what it was last year!!! A lot of everything was done by others and I appreciate it so much! In a few months I should have more time to put to Formology.

quote from BamCamper [Hard to believe it started in 2007 when I accidentally camped next to Nevada Geo at Burnstream Court.] Actuallly, I crashed the party and Shadow got me shoehorned into the side of Burnstream Court at the last hour that year, parking me next to BamCamper.

[Anyone is welcome to join us and participation in the camp is a must.
There are no "camp fees" but each individual is required to buy their own ticket and vehicle pass. Tickets are not yet on sale but visit burningman.org for all the latest info. Tickets do sell out quickly so read all the info and get ready to jump on line when they become available. It’s happening soon. ]
Tickets are getting to be a total crap shoot. Unfortunately. Way too many computer rooms lined up purchasing the max tickets at the magic moment tickets come available, 44 thousand tickets gone in a couple minutes.

[The weather is often rough and always unpredictable. It can be blistering hot, freezing cold, rainy and muddy and usually windy. ]
Every Day! The sun so hot I froze to death, the weather it was dry...Learn it, sing it. And a Double or Triple Rainbow on Tuesday.

But then there are also those perfect days. And beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Just be prepared.

[If you would like to join us, please do. Introduce yourself here and jump on this thread to help with the planning. We like to have a rough idea how many are attending and what they will be camping in so we can very loosely lay out our camp. All are welcome. ]
We make a total wild a.ss guess every year with our theme camp application on how many we'll have come in our camp for how much acreage we're requesting. A lot of folks say hello on here once and disappear never to hear from them again... So we guess a number and
Then we reach out an abduct some passing Airstream and make them join us cause we have some extra room.... or then we don't have enough room.

NevadaGeo, chief grump and formologist

NevadaGeo
Old 01-16-2018, 11:39 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneG View Post
Just looking for thing for my bucket list.
I was considering Burning Man as one of my choices but the website says it costs about a grand for a single ticket?
WOW! I could get a on stage seat at most any concert for that cash layout!
Hi WayneG, if I may suggest, please go to another "concert" for your bucket list. ThatthingintheDesert is not a concert. Way too many people are hearing about Burning Man some how, and some how get a ticket and come out expecting a catered "concert" and not bringing it, not participating, leaving MOOP and creating more bad feelings in Nevada about that thing in the desert.
Don't believe a thing you hear or see about BurningMan until you've been there and experienced it.
Now again, some of our best friends had a bucket list; to buy an Airstream, and go to Burning Man, by BM magic they found us and bring us a terrific Click and Clack gynocology talk when they can get away from work and come home..
grump over
NevadaGeo, chief grump and formologist.

NevadaGeo
Old 01-18-2018, 04:03 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1984 27' Airstream 270
Scotia , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Hi WayneG, if I may suggest, please go to another "concert" for your bucket list. ThatthingintheDesert is not a concert. Way too many people are hearing about Burning Man some how, and some how get a ticket and come out expecting a catered "concert" and not bringing it, not participating, leaving MOOP and creating more bad feelings in Nevada about that thing in the desert.
I have seen videos of Burning Man and have heard from friends who go there frequently so I know what I am getting into. I dont take my AS to "concerts" we go to regional festivals to be a part of the show. For my part, I may be playing movies or trippy visuals and light shows at night and hosting artists by day.
These festivals have various themes, and cover a hundred acres or more. They are not Burning Man in style, but they are in heart.

I was batting around the idea of Burning Man for a change of pace and if I lived 2500 miles closer, I would probably be there now helping setup the event.
Justifying several weeks of travel and more than 5000 miles round trip and a grand for a gate fee makes this less likely.

I hear there are regional burning man events across the US, I doubt they are anywhere near as good as the original.
I have a place nearby with a few hundred acres of land setup for vehicle camping that I was thinking of investing in for some sort of event this summer.
I was considering making it a Airstream event, so maybe a AS event with a Burning Man theme for those who cant do the Full Monty in Nevada?
Old 01-18-2018, 04:01 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 22
Ventura , California
Mike (jester) and I are going to be camping with our previous camp again this year, but we're bound to still spend a bunch of time out in the 3:00 area with you Airstreameri folks; chatting, drinking, and having fun.

If there's something that we can bring out to the Playa from LA to help you out ... just let us know!

I really look forward to seeing you all again this year!

P.S.

To actually have something AS-related to talk about ... I finally got around to replacing my Argosy's 40-year-old front couch-bed with a custom frame that I built, so that I could have a decent mattress to sleep on.

I got a cheap Twin XL foam/latex mattress online during the Christmas sales, and then had a local mattress company just create a 10" extension piece for the front of the trailer from their spare off-cuts.

The guy only charged beer-money to make it, and the result is perfect for sleeping, and barely detectable once the mattress pad is in place.

Old 01-19-2018, 06:41 AM   #31
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Nice mod. Well done!

Old 01-19-2018, 07:03 AM   #32
2 Rivet Member

1975 31' Excella 500
1977 31' Excella 500
Toronto , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmer View Post
Mike (jester) and I are going to be camping with our previous camp again this year, but we're bound to still spend a bunch of time out in the 3:00 area with you Airstreameri folks; chatting, drinking, and having fun.

If there's something that we can bring out to the Playa from LA to help you out ... just let us know!

I really look forward to seeing you all again this year!

P.S.

To actually have something AS-related to talk about ... I finally got around to replacing my Argosy's 40-year-old front couch-bed with a custom frame that I built, so that I could have a decent mattress to sleep on.

I got a cheap Twin XL foam/latex mattress online during the Christmas sales, and then had a local mattress company just create a 10" extension piece for the front of the trailer from their spare off-cuts.

The guy only charged beer-money to make it, and the result is perfect for sleeping, and barely detectable once the mattress pad is in place.

Is that where the burnt man doth lyith downith?
Old 01-19-2018, 11:56 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 22
Ventura , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper View Post
Nice mod. Well done!
Thanks!

Rather over-engineered and bit heavy, but solid-as-a-rock and there's no creaking.

Using two scissor-jacks to stabilize the overhang was the simplest solution that I could think of to stop the whole thing from tilting when you sit in the edge of the bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotTyers View Post
Is that where the burnt man doth lyith downith?
Not just the burnt man ... it's already been tested and approved for double-occupancy.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:42 PM   #34
2 Rivet Member

2007 16' Bambi
Bend , Oregon
I'm in! Can't wait to see you all. I Robot! Epic theme. Let me know what needs a'doin. Archie
Old 01-20-2018, 01:04 PM   #35
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
Vintage Volcanic Vah-Gen_Nah News!

Yes, She will be back in 2018, V. 3.0 New and Improved!( of course)

A brand new skin!
A complete re do of the lighting effects!
A brand new smoke "Eruptor" complete with specialized lights!
A complete makeover of the Bubbler which will surprise & delight you and all Burners!

Cheers!
Old 01-22-2018, 03:34 PM   #36
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Park City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper View Post
Happy New Year once again Airstreameri!
Yep. 2018 is here and another Burn slowly approaches.
Hope everyone’s holiday season delivered everything wished for.
And yes it is time to get the 2018 Playa Planning going.
Hard to believe it started in 2007 when I accidentally camped next to Nevada Geo at Burnstream Court.
Off we go again!

*This year's event is: August 26 - September 3.
*Location: Beautiful Black Rock Desert, Nevada. (The middle of nowhere)
*Theme: I, Robot

Every year our group of Airstreameri (as we are called) meet on the Playa and create a theme camp around our Airstreams. We offer up a variety of things to the Burning Man Community.

Anyone is welcome to join us and participation in the camp is a must.
There are no "camp fees" but each individual is required to buy their own ticket and vehicle pass. Tickets are not yet on sale but visit burningman.org for all the latest info. Tickets do sell out quickly so read all the info and get ready to jump on line when they become available. It’s happening soon.

The Burning Man Event is not for everyone. It's wildly creative and crazy on a 24 hour clock. If you have not attended before, read everything on the Burning Man site about the event and especially the preparation information. It is a boondocking, Leave No Trace event and you must pack in and pack out everything you need. You may also want to sign up for the Burning Man newsletter, the Jackrabbit Speaks, (JRS) to get current updates and info.

The weather is often rough and always unpredictable. It can be blistering hot, freezing cold, rainy and muddy and usually windy. Your Airstream will be full of soft, talc like dust. It doesn't scratch or damage but it does creep in no matter what you do. And never completely leaves.

But then there are also those perfect days. And beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Just be prepared.

If you would like to join us, please do. Introduce yourself here and jump on this thread to help with the planning. We like to have a rough idea how many are attending and what they will be camping in so we can very loosely lay out our camp. All are welcome.

We offer a bar for our camp and the community at large (that anyone can host any time of the day with whatever they would like to share), a shade structure "post office" for making post cards (that we stamp and mail for people), the amazing (VVV) volcano art car will be back, there will be a potluck (or several), a variety of games, and of course whatever else you would like to contribute would be great. Last year’s Lemonade Stand was fantastic. New ideas/suggestions/offerings are always welcome. Let us know here what you'd like to do. The theme this year offers endless possibilities. Can't wait to see what shows up! The playa is a land of continual surprises.

Looking forward to another amazing year.
Let the planning begin!
Cheers,
Laurel (aka Bam)
Hey all!
Connie and Kim (aka Squeeze and Twig) would love to join ya’ll again this year. We’ll come in the 16’ Bambi Sport equipped with the shot ski lemonade stand! Already looking forward to it!
-Kim (Twig)
Old 01-23-2018, 06:33 PM   #37
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
Smile

[QUOTE=ods_twig;2058440]Hey all!
Connie and Kim (aka Squeeze and Twig)

If you Squeeze me will it Twig my thoughts??

Look forward to that " Ski Lemonade" !

Cheers!
Old 02-09-2018, 01:39 PM   #38
2 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
St Petersburg , Florida
Yay!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg coleman View Post
i'm in! Can't wait to see you all. I robot! Epic theme. Let me know what needs a'doin. Archie
Old 02-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #39
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Earth to Ob1, come in please...

NevadaGeo
Old 03-28-2018, 07:36 AM   #40
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
OB1 here!. Jilly Bean and I have been travelling extensively this winter: Australia & New Zealand for about 2 months. Rented a camper van in Australia and toured the east coast from Sydney to Melbourne with side trips to Canberra and into the mountains. Many other adventures too

We are back now and making plans for Burning Man. Can't wait to see everyone again. Dean is planning to come and camp in the yurt again. Huggy bear won't be with us this year though - too much going on in the default world.
Closed Thread