Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB International
_ , North Carolina
I may have to make this rally, as it would be my first one. I'll be just down the road at Pensacola.
FLMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMarine View Post
I may have to make this rally, as it would be my first one. I'll be just down the road at Pensacola.
Come on over.......we always have a great time. But, I advise you to make rsvns soon....it's Labor Day weekend and Topsail is usually full.
Chief

AIR # 22776
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #23

1972 27' Overlander
Melbourne , Florida
I'd like to join you all. Where do I find the info?
Mic

On edit: I see!! Forget my question.
micsday62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Glad to see this get a bump. This is a busy weekend for Topsail so you need to book now if you have any thoughts of attending. Or, you can double park at Chief's site

Laura, I see you lurking here, make the commitment. You know you want too.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Bummed that we cannot make this gathering. Perhaps we'll see everyone in January. Watch out for the pigmies.
cms4140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:21 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cms4140 View Post
Bummed that we cannot make this gathering. Perhaps we'll see everyone in January. Watch out for the pigmies.
Chris, you need to work on those priorities. I see you have the big trailer. Have you had it out yet?
Old 04-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #27
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtoaster View Post
Chris, you need to work on those priorities. I see you have the big trailer. Have you had it out yet?
I know, I know, but it is opening weekend of football - my first love .

I am picking up the new trailer in a couple weeks - weekend of the 16th, if my work schedule stays clear that Friday. I am getting it from St Louie...I'll blow the horn on the way home. Better yet, since I will be broke then, I'll meet you at Rendevous and let you buy me a BBQ sandwich - then I will provide the grand tour.

-Chris
Old 04-04-2011, 09:33 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cms4140 View Post
I know, I know, but it is opening weekend of football - my first love .

I am picking up the new trailer in a couple weeks - weekend of the 16th, if my work schedule stays clear that Friday. I am getting it from St Louie...I'll blow the horn on the way home. Better yet, since I will be broke then, I'll meet you at Rendevous and let you buy me a BBQ sandwich - then I will provide the grand tour.

-Chris
If you pass through, stop and we will spring for the BBQ. I can even make arrangements for parking on the way (as long as you can eat Corky's BBQ)
Old 04-05-2011, 08:22 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Glad to see this get a bump. This is a busy weekend for Topsail so you need to book now if you have any thoughts of attending. Or, you can double park at Chief's site

Laura, I see you lurking here, make the commitment. You know you want too.
Yeah, I'm lurking... I do want to go but still worry about where I'll be living by then . I'm applying for jobs all over the US and hoping something works out. There was a job in Panama City that I was sure I'd at least score an interview from - but not. Boo.

Laura
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #30
2 Rivet Member

1987 34' Excella
Bonifay , Florida
I feel the same as funkill, accept I currently live only an hour from Destin. I am very close to scoring a gov job and I'm not sure I will be around in sept.
jsapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:47 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Not knowing where you will end up has to be scary. I hope both of you find what you want where you want it AND you make it to Beachstream.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Its looking like this will be a very small rally. Only 3 signed up and the park is booked solid (unless you want to bring a tent). We are stretching our time in Florida and will arrive on August 31 and leave on September 11. If you are interested, watch for cancellations.

Hope everyone has a great summer.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Its looking like this will be a very small rally. Only 3 signed up and the park is booked solid (unless you want to bring a tent).
...and sleep with the pigmy rattlers.

-Chris
Old 06-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Yup.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #35
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Yup.
Greg,
You're not going to tell him that you know of a site that is available?
Chief

AIR # 22776
Old 06-09-2011, 04:54 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Chris has already passed on the rally........... football weekend. Chief is hinting there may be a site available soon. Keep watching this thread for details or check Reserve America
Old 06-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #37
4 Rivet Member

Birmingham , Alabama
Yeah, my priorities are still a bit out of whack. But, I plan to be in attendance for the CanOpener - do we have dates?

Chris
Old 06-10-2011, 04:19 PM   #38
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Hey folks, Annette and I are not going to be able to make Beachstream this year. We have site 162 loop 100 from Thursday checking out Monday. If anybody wants to claim the reservation, PM me and we can see if we can cancel with you trying to reserve at the same time.
regards,
Joe
Old 06-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Joe, you and Annette will be missed, but we will see you at the CanOpener. Hopefully, another AS will grab your site.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #40
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Beachstream.....the rest of the story

The palm trees swayed in the gentle breeze, while the sun reflected off the snow white sand and emerald green waters. The sounds of laughter and ice cubes rattling in Margarita glasses were heard coming from the glistening Aluminum coaches.......at least, that is the way it was supposed to be.

But, the way it turned out.......was a different story. Roadtoaster (our host) arrived on Wednesday afternoon and setup in a rainstorm. Before he could start to relax with an adult beverage, he found himself enroute to the emergency room with heart palpitations.....where he remained overnight for observation. The next day the hospital gave him a clean bill of health, a bit of medication, patted him on the rear and sent him back to the campground (I suspect with a bit of advice about not looking at bikini-clad young women.....but, that is my hunch and not based on factual information). Meanwhile, another member of our Beachstream crew is involved in a fender-bender outside of Memphis......no injuries, etc., but it would delay their arrival until Saturday. As all of this is taking place, a little Tropical Storm named Lee is brewing in the Gulf. The weather forecast for Labor Day weekend quickly went downhill, and our Beachstream attendees (including Yours Truly) start cancelling reservations. Roadtoaster (demonstrating his keen intellect) decided it was time to head back home ahead of the weather. As it turned out.....that was a good decision.

It was disappointing to cancel out on Beachstream this year, but the Tequila won't spoil, the sun will once again shine at the beach, and we'll have more opportunities in the future. Most important......our friends (and their Airstreams) are safe!

Chief

AIR # 22776