Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-21-2006, 12:54 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Furnace regulator sticking

I have a 91 excella 25' and I have to wack the furnace regulator with a hammer to get the furnace to work. Obviously not a good practice. Does this mean that I have to replace the regulator or is there some other fix (Or problem)? Thanks
ldetsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:59 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Norristown , Pennsylvania
Hi edfos2; I think that you are not aware of your actions. While sticking reg,s can be rebuilt, it is not a DIY task. Remember you playing with fire.
I recommend you replace it, instead of playing with it yourself. "boatdoc"
boatdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:17 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Sticking Regulator is Dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdoc
Hi edfos2; I think that you are not aware of your actions. While sticking reg,s can be rebuilt, it is not a DIY task. Remember you playing with fire.
I recommend you replace it, instead of playing with it yourself. "boatdoc"
Boatdoc is correct. Replace the regulator do not rebuild and do not use if you have to hit it with a hammer. Propane will not give you a second chance. You may even have a hard time finding a replacement regulator. I rebuilt my water heater a few years ago and the rv dealers did not want to sell me a regulator.

As a note to how dangerous propane is, I know of 2 trailer fires caused by it and one was owned by a Fire Chief, almost killed him.

Jim
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 12:30 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Furnace regulator sticks

Thanks for your thoughts. I'll replace it.
ldetsf is offline   Reply With Quote