Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-25-2010, 07:49 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2018 33' Classic
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
So how can we join? Or am I about to get flooded with recruiting PMs?
Old 08-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
WBCCI.org has a membership info link. Once you read down part way, there is a link to the membership application form.
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:43 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Hello, I am searching for an Airstream to purchase and found one listed with an ad agency. Can't get any response as to whether it has been sold or not. There are some numbers on the top front that are 16846. Anyone know anything about this trailer or owners? Thanks
coolbikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:30 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
16846 is currently registered to Jack Smith of Norwich, OH. They are listed only with a Post office box number.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:58 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Thanks for the information. I will try to do more research.

Terry Walden
coolbikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Hibby
Ya dont need to join to have fun. You just missed Metro-Detroit AIR or TAC I'm not sure which it was,at Indian Creek,Tecumseh. These were members of several orginizations.We just had fun with out pomp and circumstance and funny hats or nuffin,except for the kids and thier scavenger hunt. FOOD was more than anyone could eat,prizes at the Saturday night Potluck were out of this world and the PEOPLE ,the best in the country.We love em each and everyone. All this without belonging to any organization. So (just my opinion) don't waste your 55 bucks to join anything.Of course its all in what you want. I see no benefit when you can have this kind of fun.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:18 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
A choice . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
Hibby, Ya dont need to join to have fun. You just missed Metro-Detroit AIR or TAC I'm not sure which it was,at Indian Creek,Tecumseh. These were members of several orginizations.We just had fun with out pomp and circumstance and funny hats or nuffin,except for the kids and thier scavenger hunt. FOOD was more than anyone could eat,prizes at the Saturday night Potluck were out of this world and the PEOPLE ,the best in the country.We love em each and everyone. All this without belonging to any organization. So (just my opinion) don't waste your 55 bucks to join anything.Of course its all in what you want. I see no benefit when you can have this kind of fun.
Hibby:

Mikethefixit . . . or is it Roger??? . . . is correct, that you do not need to join any club to learn about past fun rallies you have missed. You know, the rallies organized by AIR forums members . . .or was it by TAC members ??? . . . or was it by one of several other organizations??? It doesn't matter. Anyway, these rallies are held in well known places like Indian Creek, Tecumseh. You know it, right? Who needs an address or even a state, eh? Or even a beginning or ending date, huh? I mean, why do people need organizations to run rallies . . .really!!! So, no need to join since Mike . . or is it Roger??? . . . can tell you what fun you missed.

Alternatively, you can join an club that schedules rallies in advance; and that provides dates, locations, cost, campground details (including a helpful actual location), a schedule of events and sometimes a list of attendees. Some organized rallies have a web site you can visit for information and to sign up. Mike's web site is . . . where???

Well, you don't need details on fun events you missed, even if you think you might try to attend next year, because everybody had fun with absolutely no organization. In fact, these weren't rallies at all . . . they were spontaneous Happenings!! No one lifted a finger or made a contribution, except, of course, for food. Stuff just happens with no organization whatsoever!! So why join an organization? Be spontaneous, be free, save $$$$$, follow Mikethefixit . . . or it is Roger ?? . . and you too can have a lifetime of missed Airstreaming opportunities.
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Gee Fred, feeling a little feisty today?

I'm guessing you never met Roger (or Mike)? Him and his wife are great people that I'm proud to camp with.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't agree with him on his point. But you are really kinda driving your point home in a hard way.

Roger (mike, old guy, whatever.....) knows that Dave & Rhonda do an amazing job hosting the rally. So he didn't mention them. Oh well.

I'm sure you also are very aware that the Metro Detroit Rally was extremely well publicized and discussed online just about every day. It's been on the calendar and on the sidebar here (along with many other events) for months (years). Roger (not mike, guy that can outdrink me) is correct. You absolutely do not have to join any club to have fun. (Psst... Metro-Detroit=Michigan)

BUT.......

The newest WBCCI unit, NOVA, would love for anyone interested in more fun, friendship, and fellowship to consider joining us! Heck, I'm even working on Roger (Mike, rich truck guy) to dig up some cash out of his backyard to join!

Oh, I'd like to welcome another new member to NOVA today! I'll let the happy Airstreamer say hi personally if they wish!

We especially invite 'streamers from Bart Simpsons hometown!

NOVA! - NOVA
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:47 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2018 33' Classic
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
OK, thanks to ALL of you for your thoughts Dan, Wee Fred, Mike the Rich Guy, Roger the Fixit & Marylou (who must be very tolerant).

Here's what I learned from your posts:
1. Airstreamers have fun, especially if they are together.
2. Occasionally, Airstreamers have been known to join WBCCI to enhance the fun, although no one seems to know how they do it.
3. Airstreamers quite often suffer from schizophrenia.

I LOVE this forum!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
No doubt about it, we are a crazy bunch! If you are looking for more info on the WBCCI, I would like to suggest that you check out their website. It is www.WBBCI.org. Michigan is part of region 4 and has 3 units to choose from. Dan has also started a new virtual unit that he has provided a link for called NOVA. I am a member of the Metro-Detroit unit and an associate member of NOVA. I also just hosted the Metro-Detroit forums rally last weekend. If you would like to try out the WBCCI I would like to invite you to one of our rallies. Our September rally is the 10th-12th in Ortonville, MI. Our October rally is the 1st-3rd in Grass Lake, MI. Let me know if you have any questions or would like more rally info.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Fred
My sir name is Roger. Mike was what my grandfather called me and I have a small engine shop and I Fixit when I can.
Evidently you didnt read any of the some 1200 posts that were here about the Detroit-Metro Rally. Because it didnt have those four letters on it you were not intrested.
And you do have it correct Fred WITHOUT hardly any orgaization at all. Alot of people all pulling together sharing the load and makin it happen.
I know you just cant understand.
End of Rant.
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
Old 08-26-2010, 07:01 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan

I am not sure who the crazy one's are anymore....? Too much aluminum in the air...

The crazy one's are always the most fun at the campfire though.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:25 AM   #33

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
I belive ALL clubs and organizations have merit. To each is own and I cant say enough good things about the AirMidwest club! They put on a great rally and seem to have a lot of fun with lots of organization. I'm also looking at the 4 cornners unit to join. They are a WBCCI club that seems to have a lot of fun. Also is there a TAC orgaization in KC?
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:39 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Hyde Park Place , Ohio
WBCCI serves a need. TCT serves a different need. TAC serves yet another need.

All this negativity is getting me down. It's so bipartisan and not getting anyone out in their Airstream and using it as it was intended.

Wally Byam would be ashamed at how some people are talking at each other, instead of going out, exploring, taking in new cultures and exposing themselves to differing opinions.

I prefer to focus on what we have in common - this spirit of adventure inside us - not the divisive things.

*sigh*
Old 08-27-2010, 03:18 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2018 33' Classic
2015 30' FB FC Bunk
2012 30' Flying Cloud
Grand Rabbits , Michigan
Amen, brother Dave! Couldn't have said it better...
Old 08-27-2010, 06:51 PM   #36
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
I would stop to render help if I felt it was needed to any fellow camper no matter what they were pulling. I'm an old truck driver from the old school and that's just what we did, no matter what the company.
Let me just say thanks from a woman who had a blow out some years ago and the only person who stopped was a truck driver. Another truck driver had radioed back that I was in trouble and he stopped!

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #37
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
African Caravan & Wally's Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Park View Post
Wally Byam would be ashamed at how some people are talking at each other, instead of going out, exploring, taking in new cultures and exposing themselves to differing opinions.
First I want to say that in all honestly, I don't know enough about the situation to judge. We've read what's been posted in the threads just trying to figure out what's going on. I am sure that everyone has a good reason for his/her stance....and I am not trying to offend anyone.

Secondly, we are NOT members of the WBCCI and may not ever be. Not necessarily because of the politics on my account(not speaking for the hubby), more the lack of true family events(at least that I could find anywhere within a 5 hour drive) or conflicts with schooling. Young kids here and the last thing we want is for them to be stuck without friends their age to play with.

The funny thing is my husband and I watched the TV show of the African Caravan on Youtube the other night. It was amazing to watch the clips of them working together to get through the muddy roads, nearly running out of water, and the desert that took 11 days plus lots of ingenuity to get through. After watching it, I think Wally would probably be disappointed in how all this behavior reflects on his wonderful dream.

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:19 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
Oh, I'd like to welcome another new member to NOVA today! I'll let the happy Airstreamer say hi personally if they wish!
NOVA! - NOVA
I think that might be us! We began our life with an Airstream in 2003 and promptly became a member of WBCCI in 2004. We are proud to join the ranks of the WBCCI's newest and most progressive internet based unit. Of course members will enjoy rallies together but members will also have the additional benefit of meeting together online and keeping current with one another through out the year regardless of their geographical proximity to each other or the typical season and weather constraints and down time of the Midwest winters. The new flag looks pretty good too. Oh did I mention the president held the most unique rally in a wildlife preserve and there are plans to do it again!? This unit thinks out of the box folks and is one to be watched, and joined!

James congratulations on your new Airstream Tradewind. You are definitely going to like all the possibilities, challenges, adventures and fellow Airstreamers you meet from here on in. Welcome to the forums.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:24 PM   #39
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Park View Post
WBCCI serves a need. TCT serves a different need. TAC serves yet another need.

All this negativity is getting me down. It's so bipartisan and not getting anyone out in their Airstream and using it as it was intended.

I prefer to focus on what we have in common - this spirit of adventure inside us - not the divisive things.

*sigh*
Nobody says that you have to be one thing. I belong to all 3 of the clubs you mentioned above and a few more also. I/we bring ourselves and our fun, friendship, comraderie, to all things regardless of club name. I can pull into anyone of the 3 clubs rallies and see people and trailers that I have helped work on and those that have helped me. We do focus on what we have in common, it just seems as though alot of people around here forget that what we truly have in common is each other! The diviseness comes from those that feel threatened from those that don't.

P.S. you have the best doughnuts in the world down there!

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Thanks Dave WELL SAID!
Focus on the people rather that what club they belong too is exactly the point I wanted to convey.
Thanks
We just wanna camp an have fun.
Roger
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7