Old 01-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #141
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
Ohio

Ooops! So very sorry. We just assumed that everyone knew that we were geograhpically located in OH. We are in Eastern time zone. We will try and do better the next time. Are you going to join us?? Yay!
Lou and Larry....in snowy, frigid Ohio!

Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:23 AM   #142
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
NoVa

I can't help to think of Northern Virginia whenever I see this thread Dan... as NOVA is short for that area..... Had to go back and see what NOVA meant.

http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #143
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
happy

We are glad that you dropped in on the thread to say hello and check up on us!!
Bet northern VA is not quite as cold as we are here in Ohio today! Brrrr!!! 26 degrees here at 10:40 a.m.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 01-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #144
Rivet Master

Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
Hey all ... How did the "chat" go last eve?

I had to be out in the plow truck and try to earn some camping money for 2010, and missed it.

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:56 AM   #145
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
getting to know you

Hi! We had a good chat for about an hour. We were mainly just getting to know each other. We discussed several ideas for early rallies and how to get some folks to sign up that are not in WBCCI currently so that we have more than the required 10 charter members. That was pretty much the gist of it.
Dan updated us on the progress on what has to be done toward the charter. For right now we are in a holding pattern til after Mid-winter's meetings. DanB can fill you in on all of that. Dan is working at closing the gap. Dan will be getting us together in another chat very soon....maybe a couple of weeks. Glad it is snowing so that you can make $$$$ for camping...but I am already sick of it!!! Wishing for blue skies and warm weather so we can get out and camp!!!
Larry and I were just remembering our trip to the RV salvage yards at Elkhart. We had a great time there. And we went to see the RV Museum. DanB. says he is hoping to plan a trip out to Elkhart. He is looking for some goodies. Maybe that will call for a little mini-rally???
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 01-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #146
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 26
Rockport , Texas
Send a message via MSN to Sparty73 Send a message via Yahoo to Sparty73
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
I can't help to think of Northern Virginia whenever I see this thread Dan... as NOVA is short for that area..... Had to go back and see what NOVA meant.
At least no one is mistaking it for a Chevy Nova.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:16 PM   #147
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
DanB. says he is hoping to plan a trip out to Elkhart. He is looking for some goodies. Maybe that will call for a little mini-rally???

A trip to Elkhart sounds fun and not too far for us - looks like about a 7 hr drive from here (plus the border crossing.) Never RV'd in that area.

Pardon my ignorance, but how does the chat thing work? Ive seen reference to it before but not sure how it works. Is it some sort of actual conference call thing or is it all live text typing?

Brian

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #148
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
chat room

Hi Brian and Connie,
In the upper right hand side of the blue bar at the top of the screen you will see a Chat Room tab. Click on the drop down arrow and choose enter the chat room. It is live texting...like instant messenger. Folks can join in to make it like a conference chat. I think there were 6 or 7 of us in there last night typing back and forth. Let us know when you are up for a chat session! DanB says he will be scheduling another one soon for NOVA.
Lou and Larry
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 01-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #149
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Hi Brian and Connie,
In the upper right hand side of the blue bar at the top of the screen you will see a Chat Room tab.
Lou and Larry

Thanks Lou & Larry!

I see the tab and will give it a try next time I see there is to be a chat. I thought it might be some sort of audiovisual hookup.

Brian

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #150
Rivet Master

1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
chatting

You don't have to wait til a scheduled chat. You can use that chat room anytime. It is pretty cool if you want to talk to someone in real time. Just go there and tell your friend to go too.
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2

Old 01-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #151
1 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
Richfield , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
I think that they (Northern VirginiaUnit) already use this name(NOVA) to... I have heard many people talk about this ...

I am asumeing this was approved since you all are having meetings. I am still baffled that there could be a Unit like this started right over the top of 4 existing units.

Is the executive board heading south to "The Big Easy" for the winter ibt to get the bylaws approved?

I heard on the table is a $20.00 dues increase

Reduction in Units or regions...

nothing mentioned though about any new units starting up...
Old 01-04-2010, 09:20 PM   #152
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeWilly View Post
I think that they (Northern VirginiaUnit) already use this name(NOVA) to... I have heard many people talk about this ...

I am asumeing this was approved since you all are having meetings. I am still baffled that there could be a Unit like this started right over the top of 4 existing units.

Is the executive board heading south to "The Big Easy" for the winter ibt to get the bylaws approved?

I heard on the table is a $20.00 dues increase

Reduction in Units or regions...

nothing mentioned though about any new units starting up...
The northern Virginia WBCCI unit uses NORVA for short. You can visit their website here Northern Virginia » Home to see their extensive usage of NORVA.

NOVA is currently in-process of being formed. We are not approved by the IBT / EC / nor recognized as a unit of the WBCCI. We must have meetings (chats) in order to talk, discuss and organize ourselves in order to form the unit, to gain support and disseminate information. Because we are having chat-meetings doesn't mean we are approved. We're trying to become approved and we want to be organized in doing so.

NOVA is not on top of 4 other units. NOVA is in addition to 4 other units. Many of us in NOVA has visited or "experimented" with the established northern Ohio units. We have not found that they fit our needs. NOVA is being established to fit a niche that can't be filled by the existing units. Those interested in joining the existing units will likely not be interested in joining NOVA and vice versa. NOVA is different. It's not just another number on the roster of WBCCI units.

NOVA does not yet have an executive committee as we are not an approved unit. No one will be specifically representing NOVA at mid-winter IBT.

As for motions for the mid-winter IBT. There is a motion to increase national dues from $55 to $75. There is a seemingly rouge 26th motion that was added at the last minute relating to re-organizing the regions geographically and calling for an international rally to rotate each year from region to region. There would be no reduction in number of units resulting from this motion. There are no motions regarding new units. NOVA will not be discussed until the normal IBT meeting in Gillette. I think that DanB has previously mentioned here that the Region 4 president basically will not even work on the establishment of NOVA until after the proceedings of mid-winter IBT; or maybe that was in one of our chat meetings.

NOVA wants to be a new WBCCI unit. We need your support. If there's anyone out there that cannot find a local unit that they fit well with or that is currently MAL for the same reason, NOVA wants you. If you've ever wanted a virtual unit, one that conducts business online and camps in person; then NOVA is for you. Pass it on.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:21 PM   #153
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Bet northern VA is not quite as cold as we are here in Ohio today! Brrrr!!! 26 degrees here at 10:40 a.m.
Lou and Larry
Bet Ohio isn't as cold as it is here in Michigan today, 12-20 degrees.

Name:   frozen-frozen-freeze-winter-smiley-emoticon-000590-large.gif
Views: 359
Size:  13.4 KB

Free Willy I am sure Dan B. will pop in to answer your questions as I am going to assume he is president of NOVA. Our unit is bound to be transparent and internet saavy by design. While none of us probably is happy about an international increase the unit dues are less and does offset the total somewhat. Join us.

Hey Freewilly, what are you going to haul in your cool panamerican? Hope we get to see it soon!!!!!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:36 PM   #154
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Hey Gary:

Any developments with camping at the terra-port in March? I'm anxious to start trying to recruit attendees.