Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2002 - 2005 International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-13-2005, 10:06 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

bed in 16ft ccd bambi

Help I can't make my bed!!
Where is the center cushion that makes the dinette into the bed. The back rest cushions do not fit, and even if they did they are thinner then the seat cushions? We have the 2004 16 ft ccd Bambi. thanks for any help!!
imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 04:37 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2004 22' International CCD
Spotsylvania , Virginia
Can you swing by your Dealer and have him show you how to make the bed? If there is anything missing or "out of sorts" and, if it is still under warranty, he is supposed to fix it. Did you get a "Walk Thru" when you purchased it?
2004 22' CCD
1997 F-150
TAC VA-12
AIR# 4749
ex WBCCI# 1430
rseagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:20 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Yes, I did have a walk through, but It did not include the making of dinette into the bed.
It would be hard to drive by the dealership, since ist 2700 miles away. I was hoping somone with a 16ft ccd could maybe fill me in. thanks,,, I will check out a dealer here in Ca.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:22 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Arcata , California
I think you are making the bed correctly. The two cushions that you sit on go in the middle and the two cushions of the backrest go at the head and feet. The curved bolsters go where ever you want them but I think they planned on under the table. Indeed the bed in not flat. We just tried it for a few moments but it seems like it would work fine for small people or work excellently to discourage your mother-in-law from camping with you Jamie
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 01:53 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Question Dinette beds CCD

I have the 22 ft and it seems like you've made it correctly. The dinette itself has changed between 2002 and 2005. Earlier ones have a much more "Safari" style dinette, and the later ones have wooden laminate benches - steamed curved wood.

My cushions are all one piece - two flat pieces and three "sausage rolls" that fit between the two flat pieces - and that shape themselves to allow the cushions to fold from the seat to the back.

It's miserably uncomfortable for an adult. Lumpier than A'hnold in his Conan the Barbarian days! I'd use the cushions as a base and add an air mattress, feather bed, or memory foam on top to make it more comfortable.

Tin Lizzie
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:00 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

The curved bolsters go where ever you want them but I think they planned on under the table. (should I have gotten TWO curved bolsters?? They only gave me ONE?) I thought that it was a pillow of sorts, and that it was only supose to have one??
Should I have recieved two??? thanks for all the help...
Old 06-15-2005, 12:03 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Arcata , California
Well I call them bolsters. The thick shelf like pads that hug the walls that the backrest pieces lean up against. Those aren't used in the bed mode. What are your bolsters? Maybe I'm the one that got shorted! Jamie
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:17 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

The Bloster

Its the round cushion that is as I remember it, (I would take a look, but my bambi is at the present time being worked on at a dealership), flat on the back side. We only got one with our unit, so we figured it was designed to be a lumbar support for one side, or a pillow to use with either bed. When I first noticed the pillow, I thought that there should have been two, one for each side of the table, (if its a back rest)? Then I thought, well maybe its designed to be a pillow? Anyway if you have 3, you might have my missing one mike/joyce
Old 06-15-2005, 09:20 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine
Its the round cushion that is as I remember it, (I would take a look, but my bambi is at the present time being worked on at a dealership), flat on the back side. We only got one with our unit, so we figured it was designed to be a lumbar support for one side, or a pillow to use with either bed. When I first noticed the pillow, I thought that there should have been two, one for each side of the table, (if its a back rest)? Then I thought, well maybe its designed to be a pillow? Anyway if you have 3, you might have my missing one mike/joyce
I think you're confusing the loose pillow type cushion with the term bolster. Your Bambi has a two piece back rest on the dinnet that is velcrowed{spelling?} together. You have to seperate them. The curved part that fits against the wall is not used when making the dinnet into a bed. Normally we would out this on the floor under the bed after it was made up.---Pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:23 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

The bed cushion

We didn't like the the way the back rest cushion fit. Its a different elevation shorter. So we went to a local foam store found a piece that was of the same compression feel, had it cut to fit, and wife made a cover out of material that matches perfect. Went to the ocean this week end and enjoyed the new set up. When we are not using it, and the table is setup, we just simple put it on the bed in the rear as a cushion. All is well.... Still don't understand why they didn't design it so that the back cushions fit better, and had at least the same elevation once put in place??

Tags
2004 international