Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Excella > 1994 - 1996 Excella
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-02-2008, 06:23 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Not sure about all your numbers but the axles retail for $2,400.00 for Hinchen axles and it takes about 2 hours for 2 people to install. A friend and I did it in my driveway. If you use Dexter axles you can beat that price on the axles but have a bit longer installation because 2 holes per axle have to be refitted.

Wait 28 days and go back. He will make the deal at the end of the month because the month and season will be over.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:57 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Romulus , New York
Sell the 5er outright and offer 10k for the AS. Trade in left them room on the AS. Have axles installed for under 3k and laugh a LOT!
jayray5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:02 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Spokane , Washington
Yeah, after my final negotiations with the dealership today, I basically told them to go pound sand. My last idea was to have them take my trade at $21k, or as low as $20500, I'll pay $12k for the AS, which is what they have into it. My 5th wheel retails at $26k via NADA, trade is at like $20k. The dealer was willing to offer me 18k for it. I will not work with this dealer again.
I've now got my 5er on Craigslist in the local Spokane market. We'll see if anyone wants to make a deal. I'll sit on it for the time being cause I've only got one more trip planned this year. If it doesn't sell, at least I've got a damn nice 5er. I'll try to sell it in the spring and then find an AS at that time.
Frickin dealers! They suck. If anyone is interested in the AS, which I recommend you'd lowball, it's at Freedom RV sales in Spokane. If anyone has any leads on an AS in the local area, potentially at a dealer, let me know. I'm so disgusted in the dealer, yet so sold on AS, I'm just upset, but oh well. There'll always be another that comes along.
FlytoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
i don't think that asking them to sell the AS for what they have into it is fair. your best bet might be to sell the 5er as you are and take the private sale profit and put it on the table for the dealer, one last time.
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:22 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlytoFish View Post
Yeah, after my final negotiations with the dealership today, I basically told them to go pound sand. My last idea was to have them take my trade at $21k, or as low as $20500, I'll pay $12k for the AS, which is what they have into it. My 5th wheel retails at $26k via NADA, trade is at like $20k. The dealer was willing to offer me 18k for it. I will not work with this dealer again.
I've now got my 5er on Craigslist in the local Spokane market. We'll see if anyone wants to make a deal. I'll sit on it for the time being cause I've only got one more trip planned this year. If it doesn't sell, at least I've got a damn nice 5er. I'll try to sell it in the spring and then find an AS at that time.
Frickin dealers! They suck. If anyone is interested in the AS, which I recommend you'd lowball, it's at Freedom RV sales in Spokane. If anyone has any leads on an AS in the local area, potentially at a dealer, let me know. I'm so disgusted in the dealer, yet so sold on AS, I'm just upset, but oh well. There'll always be another that comes along.
FlytoFish...

I know you're disappointed but you gave it the best you could...if this AS isn't going to pan out, then it just means that something better is going to come along for you...stay positive and your eyes open and you'll get the AS you're supposed to have.

If you sell your 5er privately you'll probably get more cash for it...that's usually the case, anyway...and then you'll have more cash to put into an Airstream...

Don't give up the dream...good luck and keep us posted!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 11:28 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Spokane , Washington
Heck yeah, I'm not giving up the dream. The dealer was trying to low-ball me on the trade. I work for a local CU and we do business with the dealer. They said that they'd do the AS for no profit, but the Jayco, they're skimping on. I'll sell it outright and take that cash and find a nice AS somewhere close.
Oh well, I'm definitely sold on the AS trailers. My wife is too. We'll find something that's in good shape and make a deal after the Jayco sells. Thank you all for your help. I'm going to keep tabs on this site as there's so much information to review. Heck, I've even helped a buddy of mine with his AS after finding this site and he's had his for about three years.
Thanks again, and if someone comes across something nice in a 30' length, let me know!

Doug
Old 08-04-2008, 11:53 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Spokane , Washington
Well, just an update. I posted the 5th wheel on craigslist at this location: Beautiful 2002 Jayco Designer Legacy 3110 RLTS $26000obo with hitch!
And guess what, I have already had one very interested individual! With any luck, they'll be coming over on or near the end of the month to take a look at it. I know that's a ways off, but they sound very interested but are unable to come sooner as they're doing their daughters wedding here soon. I'm going to let the current dealer where I found the M35 cool off and maybe they'll come down a bit by the EOM if they still have it. I still like the trailer, and after talking with Andy at Inland RV, it sounds like axles will be much cheaper than I thought...
Like MLK Jr. said, "I have a dream..." I'm still dreaming, and that's of owning a AS trailer!
Old 08-05-2008, 12:00 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Good for you! And keep the faith...it will lead you to your very own Airstream!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote