Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-08-2015, 11:34 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2012 Interstate Coach
Palo Alto , California
Good Airstream Interstate Mechanics in Northern California

Just wondering if there's any good RV repair or modification shop that anyone can recommend in San Francisco Bay Area. I've taken my AI in Bay Area Airstream in Fairfield. Their wait time for getting appointments are long and it's a tad far for me. The things I'd like to do are: change front tires, add TMS Sensor, put disconnect switch by the sliding door (I have a 2012 AI), put additional propane switch inside, replace the horn, maybe change the Tripp inverter to Magnum Inverter, check the battery (I think it went dead again). Has anyone used mechanics at Camping World/Good Sam? Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.
roadmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 05:25 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I would suggest you find a tire dealership for your tires, and maybe an RV dealer and repair place for your other needs.

I suspect, but don't know for sure, that a place that works on RV's can handle such things, regardless of the maker.

Maggie
Old 08-09-2015, 08:27 AM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadmama View Post
Has anyone used mechanics at Camping World/Good Sam?
Once. For repairs related to an insurance claim. I was not impressed, partly because they failed to document anything properly for the claims adjustor. As a consequence the claim was denied and I had to pay just over $2000 out of pocket rather than just the $250 deductible.

Which is especially frustrating because at the time I had my insurance through Good Sam as well. Apparently different Good Sam affiliates don't play well together.

Needless to say, just days later I had my insurance with Progressive and I vowed never to use Camping World for repairs to my Interstate, ever again.

But that's just me, and your experiences may vary— especially if there's no insurance claim involved.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:37 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Having seen many 'repairs' done at a Camping World and being called to re-make these so-called repairs so that they were done correctly, I would not suggest a Camping World for so much as a light bulb change!!!!

Lew Farber
RVIA/RVDA Nationally Certified Master Tech
Master Tech Energy Systems, Inc.
AM Solar Certified Installation Center
Lifeline Batteries**Magnum Inverters
541-490-6357
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:02 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Grand Tour
Los Gatos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadmama View Post
Just wondering if there's any good RV repair or modification shop that anyone can recommend in San Francisco Bay Area. I've taken my AI in Bay Area Airstream in Fairfield. Their wait time for getting appointments are long and it's a tad far for me. The things I'd like to do are: change front tires, add TMS Sensor, put disconnect switch by the sliding door (I have a 2012 AI), put additional propane switch inside, replace the horn, maybe change the Tripp inverter to Magnum Inverter, check the battery (I think it went dead again). Has anyone used mechanics at Camping World/Good Sam? Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.
We store our 2015 Grand Tour at Leale's RV Storage/Repair in San Jose, and their full-service RV repair department is outstanding. Quick service, very knowledgeable, reasonably priced. Only negative: they are not an authorized Airstream shop, so no guarantee that warranty repairs will be reimbursed (though we have had one reimbursement issued).
WBCCI Member #5506
tlundell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:16 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2010 19' Flying Cloud
Watsonville , California
Thumbs up Northern California RV Repairs

Coastal RV Repair in Santa Cruz Co is wonderful! Dennis is mobile with van and can fix anything. Did recent replace brakes, tires (Pasilla Tires/Watsonville), batteries and minor inside repairs for me. He's busy so need to be patient. But I trust his work--helped me for years!
msjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 11:45 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Chelsea , Michigan
Try Vinnie's Northbay Airstream Repair:

Airstream Trailer Repair
Old 08-10-2015, 10:17 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2012 Interstate Coach
Palo Alto , California
Smile Thanks everyone!

Thanks for all your suggestions. I really appreciate it.
roadmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 10:23 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

Airstream in fairfield
Plus there is a Mercedes commercial (sprinter van) dealer and service department blocks away
Glamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote