Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-21-2016, 03:08 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2013 Interstate Coach
Waterloo , Iowa
My opinion, if they were to ever ask me:
My first priority (based on my 2012 AI, GT refrigerator may be a different story) is to have them install 300 W solar panels and slightly more AGM capacity.
Second priority would be a large invertor so I could use the microwave for appx 5 minutes without having to start the generator.
Third would be more effective charging of the AGM's from the engine. I think I have plenty of amps from the stock Sprinter alternator, but the BIM is not an effective AGM battery charger.
I would not be willing to pay for the solar, invertor, or battery capacity to run the rooftop AC.
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 03:53 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2017 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Gallatin Gateway , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
Just completed the online Qualtrics survey. A survey is more questions than answers for the most part. But information I gleaned from the survey is that the system would run the AC and microwave and remove the generator. Questions were about how much value this would be to me and how much monitoring of the details I would want as an end user. The survey lead me to believe the system is not yet designed completely and they are trying to see how much they need to spend on the monitoring and control systems, including an app that would allow for remote monitoring and control.

Obviously $40k is the retail price and yet still too high in my opinion.

The race is on! Will Roadtrek improve their interiors before Airstream improves their mechanicals? Interiors are much easier and less costly to change.
I just 'upgraded' from a 2009 Roadtrek Adventurous RS with 100K miles to a new 2017 Interstate Grand Tour. Clearly I'm experiencing a major 'luxury interior' upgrade experience and am enjoying it BUT I almost went with the 2017 Roadtrek with many of the 'electrical' options - i.e., propane-less, lithium packs, under carriage 12v AC, under hood generator, etc. Was about to go with the Roadtrek but couldn't quite justify the extra $10K for the electrical upgrade given that the interior was almost a carbon copy of my 2009 Trek AND the risk of pioneering all of the innovative electrical options. Hope I made the right decision!
bob323 is offline   Reply With Quote