Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Motorhome Forums > Sprinter and B-van Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-23-2020, 08:02 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by konatourer View Post
Just had this issue with my Bambi 2008. I replace the spout ring with a garden hose brass adapter. I had a soaker hose that was not used anymore and cut the female end of it. Clean the brass and it fit perfectly over the spout and screwed tight in the tap thread. will see how long this will last
Sorry to be a pain, but do you think you could post a pic or two of the mod that you made?

I remember communicating directly with Bob (the OP) back around the time when this happened, and I was having trouble visualizing his solution then, too.

If we could get pics, we could standardize a response to this issue which is sure to impact more people in the future.

Thanks.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:56 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Columbus , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Sorry to be a pain, but do you think you could post a pic or two of the mod that you made?

I remember communicating directly with Bob (the OP) back around the time when this happened, and I was having trouble visualizing his solution then, too.

If we could get pics, we could standardize a response to this issue which is sure to impact more people in the future.

Thanks.
konatourer was kind enough to send these to me!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	-801312845_20200706_065021_3323576_resized.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	372072   Click image for larger version

Name:	58485206_20200706_065112_3697486_resized.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	372073  

Old 07-06-2020, 10:17 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
League City , Texas
That's awesome - thank you!
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 08:56 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Columbus , Ohio
5/8 - 3/4 Female hose coupling works as a replacement to the chrome plated plastic nut. Now that I know the threads match, I will look for a metal one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_c7a.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	533.1 KB
ID:	374313   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_c9e.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	345.4 KB
ID:	374314  

Old 07-29-2020, 09:34 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2006 22' Interstate
Anacortes , Washington
I guess I was the original instigator of this thread back in whenever it was - years ago.
I’m still around and still have my 06 Sprinter which first hit the road as an Airstream Interstate in 2007.
Now with 115,000 miles and still a very reliable and enjoyable drive.
But guess what ? I have problems with my faucet. I have lurked on this site for years occasionally adding a comment or two where I can contribute something useful and am very impressed with the solutions which have been provided. My original chrome plated wimpy plastic ring from Camping World surprisingly is still holding up but when it dies - thanks to you all I know what to do.
What I’m facing now however is that after the last winterization my faucet leaks and not only when the handle is in the closed position but if also leaks into the sink around the base of the faucet
As you can imagine this is very inconvenient and wasteful of water and after our first outing this year i’m realizing it has to be fixed.
Anyone know how this thing comes apart? I’ve looked and looked and am afraid I will break something important if I try forcing the handle to unscrew so since everybody has been so helpful on a multitude of topics here I think I’ll hopefully find an answer from someone who may have overcome a similar problem
Thank you in advance
Bob from Anacortes WA
Interstate20 is offline   Reply With Quote