Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Community Polls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: how many trips will you take in your Airstream this year
1-5 255 43.81%
6-10 204 35.05%
11-15 72 12.37%
more than 15 51 8.76%
Voters: 582. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2005, 11:14 PM   #41
3 Rivet Member

about 60 feet,from one side of the driveway to the other.
desi arnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:37 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
I dream of taking me 64GT to some far away Pacific Isle just to say it was done~
jeezs.....plse don't wake me
Currently laid over getting a new 15k Carrier A/C unit/ Atwood water heater/ minor updatings, then once again in tow from Sandbridge, Va. Trip will continue onward to Canada later next month...not nearly enough time..
ciao
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 04:20 AM   #43
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Wink Loving our Airstream

We picked up our Airstream on April 15th of this year. By the end of October, we will have camped at 9 state parks in Indiana, one in Illinois, relatives in Wisconsin, and will conclude the year with a trip to Fort Wilderness @ Disney World.
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:57 AM   #44
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
First trip in mine was last weekend on lake Huron, camping again this weekend in southern Illinois, Yellowstone at the end of the month, and DC in December. I hope to squeeze in some other trips if I can

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:33 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Three trips so far this year from Key West to the Rockies. Leaving this weekend for a trip to the appalachians to cool off and see the grands. Boy are we looking forward to getting the old Silver Bullet back on the raod.
ZoominC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:02 PM   #46
Rivet Master

Nipomo , California
Although we only expect to take 2 trips this year, the mileage will be considerable. Our first trip was 7 weeks in January and February covering 4,500 miles in California and Arizona.

Starting about July 20th, we'll be off to our new home (yet to be built) in Arizona by way of Boston and quite a few places in between. Unless we decide to rent a house for a while in Arizona, that probably means that we will be spending over 5 more months in the Airstream and will probably cover an additional 7,500 to 8,500 miles.

Fun stuff!!!!

Bowlus Road Chief "Endymion"
BMW X3 xDrive 28D
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:10 PM   #47
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
My annual 'Great Diagonal' (South west Florida to Oregon) trip starts next week. It is 3500 miles as a straight shot, but I have lots of detours planned for this trip and will probably end up at around 4500 miles one way.

A stop in Miami, OK to visit the Newell Coach factory (finest MoHos made in the US) for business, then to Albuquerque to do a few installs on some Airstreams, then to Denver for an Aqua-Hot factory visit (more business), then back thru 4 corners and up to Utah to another friend's place, then to Boise ID to visit with Randy at Best RV Supply (more business) and finally on to Oregon and a little R & R!!!

Maybe 10 days on the road this time. I'll be hanging out in Hood River for the summer, so if any of you are passing by the NorthWest, give me a shout. great beer up there too!

The return trip in the Fall is another story.............and another itinerary!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:57 PM   #48
2 Rivet Member

1970 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
Greeneville , Tennessee
We just got back from our maiden voyage to "Fort Wilderness" in Disney World!! No problems and had a great time...We owe this forum a WHOLE BUNCH of thanks...Too much for this post, but the campground site recommendation just could not have been better. We had site #108 near the beach and dock, and would not have known better without this group.
Round trip was about 1600 miles, and we will probably do 2 or 3 shorter trips before winter. We will dig out our paypal info and give our support as soon as we're unpacked.
Thanks again!
Kevin Evans and Family
Old 06-26-2007, 01:44 PM   #49
3 Rivet Member

2003 25' Classic
Birmingham , Alabama
Went to Key West last month.

Next month, we're headed to Seattle...and have not completely ruled out Alaska.
Sean Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:57 AM   #50
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Full Timers just passing through , Arizona for a couple of weeks and then on to Utah!
Smile One Looong Trip

Leaving Texas on April 1st and heading to Alaska for the summer. First long trip in this rig and ready to go.
deauxrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #51
I approve of this message

2006 28' International CCD
Redmond , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by deauxrite
Leaving Texas on April 1st and heading to Alaska for the summer. First long trip in this rig and ready to go.
We're planning an Alaska trip this summer as well! Curious if you're driving through Canada or picking up the ferry in Seattle? Have you finalized your route in Alaska? Any tips/resources to share? Thanks!
ostream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:21 AM   #52
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Full Timers just passing through , Arizona for a couple of weeks and then on to Utah!
We are driving and taking the route through Calgary and Edmondton and then up the highway. The best resource that I have found is the "Mileposts". It is a must for drivers on the way to AK. We have finalized the route, but not the stops yet..we have time and plan to stop and smell the roses on the way.
deauxrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #53
4 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
San Antonio , Texas
This summer will find us on the West Coast, all three States, Idaho, Montanna, Colorado, and New Mexico. If the plan holds up, I'll leave the middle of June and get back the middle of August. A little over 5k miles. I've been planning this one for about a year - think I'm looking forward to it?

_____________Tom

'05 Excursion 4x4, 6.0 PSD, magnaflow, helwig anti-sway, air lift springs.
Stream 1529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:01 PM   #54
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Baton Rouge , Louisiana
Use them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
My thought was that a trip began and ended when you reach home. I read a book about a man that sailed around the world singlehanded. When he landed back in England someone remarked that the boat looked pretty good. His reply was "well it should its only been out once"
It just seemed to me that a lot of the posts here were from those of us that love to work and tinker with these pretty shiny trailers. I haven't read as much as I thught that I would have about weekend trips, rallys, vacations, and just plain ole useing the things. So my interest is do we use them or just fix and polish them?
You mean we're SUPPOSED to you USE them? I knew I was dong something wrong!!! I may be sick, but polishing, modifying, tinkering and just all around inventing new projects for mine is almost as much fun as the trips!! Except for polishing in Louisiana 95 deg. summers!! -Don
cobra93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:34 AM   #55
1 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
north Rose , New York
Send a message via Yahoo to jacknshell
hmmmm..... no button for no trips? we have a permanent site near our home, we don't go anywhere. between the pets and the kids its really hard to get more than a day away from home. with the permanent site we can have our cake and renovate/repair it too
Old 10-08-2008, 09:32 PM   #56
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Started April 18th and we ran until Mid-September almost continuously...Got a few more to go before we call it a year...LOL!
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:45 AM   #57
1 Rivet Member

1988 34' Excella
Marianna , Florida
we are planning a trip from florida to alaska, we will be leaving 5-1-09 and take four months. we will be cruising the I-10 to cali then up to seatlle. we will be taking the west route to dawson city then the alaska highway. Anyone that has taken this trip let me know what to look out for.
tr674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #58
Rivet Master

1969 25' Tradewind
Irmo , South Carolina
In reality, probably just the trip home to South carollina from Alabama where she's been sitting for the last year getting the frame's droopy rear end repaired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr674 View Post
we are planning a trip from florida to alaska, we will be leaving 5-1-09 and take four months. we will be cruising the I-10 to cali then up to seatlle. we will be taking the west route to dawson city then the alaska highway. Anyone that has taken this trip let me know what to look out for.
Only thing I can think of is the fact that you'll be driving the length of the most boring stretch of highway in America(I-10). However, when you pass the first exit in Alabama, you'll be within half a mile of my AS that's currently sitting at my folks place down there. Honk when you roll through!
AIR #8891
Unrestored 1969 25' Tradewind
Overkill Tow Vehicle of the Year Award:
2001 GMC 3500 4x4 Dually 6.6L Duramax
Journalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:00 PM   #59
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr674 View Post

WOW! LUCKEEEE! Sounds fantastic...make sure to post pictures along the way
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #60
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
We haven't been out in our AS since November due to injuries. My wife broke her right leg snow skiing in January at Lake Tahoe and has finally able to walk without crutches.

Starting this weekend we will be free sprits for awhile. The Region 9 rally this weekend, the TAU Chili cookoff the end of April, and then we start our 3 month trip with our AS. We have never been East before so we will be going that direction and then make our way to Madison for the big rally before returning back to South Texas. I figure we will do over 10,000 before we arrive back at our home the end of July. We are really looking forward to getting out in the AS.
gaylejoe is offline   Reply With Quote