Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: how many trips will you take in your Airstream this year
1-5 255 43.81%
6-10 204 35.05%
11-15 72 12.37%
more than 15 51 8.76%
Voters: 582. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2005, 06:04 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

Hi Theo,
Welcome to the group.
I think this thread has long sense died, but I thought it was one of the more interesting ones. It gave one a chance to have a small glance into the wonderful world of travel done by the Airstreamers of the world.
We are booked on two WBCCI Caravans this summer. The first is the South West Adventures, and the second is the South East Spectacular. We are also scheduled to hit the International in Springfield, MO, on our way back from the SW Adventure Caravan. We have about three weeks to kill between the end of the caravan in SW Utah and the International in Springfield, MO. We will make a circle around Utah, then spend a week in Cotter, AR, fly fishing on the White River there.
Joe & Mary Scudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 06:21 AM   #22
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
All depends if our wheels fall off due to the bearing issues.

Actually, it all really depends on fuel prices. Last year was a harsh reality, this year I'm hoping it will be more kind at the pump.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 07:14 AM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
Ladson , South Carolina
Our WBCCI unit - SC Coastal- rallies 10 times per year, plus our state rally. Then, there are always a few personal trips. Wish we could go more!
SC Coastal Unit
TAC-SC5
Safari Streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:50 AM   #24
1 Rivet Member

Hi Kathy,
We are in the Eastern North Carolina Unit, and have at least one joint rally with your Unit each year.

Joe & Mary Scudder
Old 01-31-2005, 12:29 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe & Mary Scudder
Hi Max,
Yes we have "enjoyed" Ennis several times. We have spent at least a week at the Camper Corner Campground on the North edge of town 4 times now, with a month long stay in Sept, 2002. The campground is in at the top of the little rise at the end of town, and behind one of the best meat markets you will find anywhere. We take our bicycles and ride along the river, and over behind Ennis Lake where the Sand Hill Cranes always stop over on their way South each year in September.
If you go back, be sure and visit the old gold rush town of Virgina City, just over the hill from Ennis. Stay on that same road to the little town of Twin Bridges, and eat in the "Old Hotel". It is a restaurant run by a lady from Scotland. She is also the cook, and has a Sunday Brunch that is killer.
I go to Ennis because I love to fly fish, and as you mentioned there are all the rivers that join within 50 miles of Ennis to form the Mossouri River. Ennis is dubbed the "Meca" of fly fishing by most fly fishing magazines in the US.

Joe Scudder
We make 1 decent sized trip each year (as much as 15,000 miles on the truck; somewhat less on the Airstream) and a couple smaller ones. This past summer we left home in PA in June and didn't return until early October, never making it beyond MT. This year I hope we get up to BC, Canada, if those MT trout don't interfere like they did last summer!

Joe, I've stayed at that campground in Ennis several times, tenting, but not for 6 or 8 years now. We used to pay $3 a night to pitch our tent right in the side yard on the grass under the shade trees - one the best sites and values anyone could wish for!

One of my favorite pools on the Madison is a couple miles upstream from there. Several years ago in mid- October I caught 2 monster browns in that pool within an hour of each other - probably the biggest brown trout I ever caught in the Madison River -- who's got time for all those restaurants and brunches when they're fish like that to be caught???

John
Old 01-31-2005, 04:02 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2001 34' Limited S/O
Moyock , North Carolina
Joe, we are hopeing to have a joint rally with Eastern NC again this year. Last year in Hatteras it was kind of balmy but we had a great time anyway. Had to wait for the tide to go our on Sunday to get off the Island but that is part of the charm. I hope to see the folks here of the forum at Florida State and at International. You and Mary will love the Southwestern, we took it last year and had a good time. There are two couples from our unit taking it this year and I know you will enjoy your time with them and the others.
Rick
Past President Tidewater Unit 111
Rick Bell in "Silverbell"
Tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:26 PM   #27

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie
Actually, it all really depends on fuel prices. Last year was a harsh reality, this year I'm hoping it will be more kind at the pump.
I've noticed in the last three weeks the prices are creeping up again. We jumped to the $1.87 range up about $.21. Now we are holding steady at $1.75. We were down to $1.58 at one point. (I remember it wasn't that long ago we considered that excessive).

I continue to be perplexed but it seems like QT controls the market in St. Louis. They do this big run up, then pull a penny or more off the price each day until we stabilize for about 4-5 days. It just seems like the run up goes higher each time and the stabilize point never gets down as low as before. I'm fearing we will hit the $2.00 mark this spring when the govt. mandated reformulated gas hits the storage tanks.

For some of you (depending upon your location) I'm sure $2.00 sounds good.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 06:44 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Theo, if I've missed a post, just ignore this. You sound so excited about heading out fulltiming. Fill us in on making your decision, steps you've taken, all the how to's that lead to heading out the driveway with no holds left behind!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 05:50 AM   #29
1 Rivet Member

Post Madison River Browns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel
Joe, we are hopeing to have a joint rally with Eastern NC again this year. Last year in Hatteras it was kind of balmy but we had a great time anyway. Had to wait for the tide to go our on Sunday to get off the Island but that is part of the charm. I hope to see the folks here of the forum at Florida State and at International. You and Mary will love the Southwestern, we took it last year and had a good time. There are two couples from our unit taking it this year and I know you will enjoy your time with them and the others.
Rick
Acording to my Rally Schedule, the Eastern North Carolina Unit is scheduled for a joint rally with the SC Unit in March at the Willowtree RV Park near Myrtle Beach. We will make that rally, then off to the Adventures SW and will not get back home until Mid July. We will hang out here until the first of October when we take off for the SE Coast Caravan. That means we will not make very many of our local unit rallies this year, but do plan on doing the joint rally in March.

Joe And Mary Scudder
Old 04-21-2005, 07:48 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Currently Looking...
Milwaukee , Wisconsin
we are gone most weekends even if it is to a close in state park. Wisconsin has so many wonderful places to visit and explore right in our own backyard. Plus winter is the best time to camp with no crowds and can always find that perect sight next to the lake.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:50 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Four already

I've already been to Charleston twice, Cherry Blossum Rally in DC, and just got back from a two day business trip to Boston, MA. Next Tuesday, I'm pulling it to another business trip to Fort Monmouth, NJ for two days..

Most likely, about 40 trips this summer with either one of the trailers.

Rob
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 02:20 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
I will be heading out to the Grand Canyon, Arches, Painted desert, and Carlsbad caverns. Even with the high gas prices I just have to do it. when all is said and done I will have selpt in 9 states and driven over 4500 miles. I also plan on a few smaller trips this year.
Tikihut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 04:19 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
Folsom , California
the first choice, "1-5 trips", should have been 0-5 trips (for those of us whose Airstreams are in pieces) . . . so that would be a "0" for us (although I am making progress on my favorite project, it will be months and months . . . before the balloon is "in drag" again).

Aluminumbskull with Led Balloon in Drag
Birch Plywood and Aluminum go together like
Peanut Butter and Chocolate
MarkR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 05:28 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
We have changed our traveling habits the last couple years. We used to drive lots of miles and saw a lot of this country through a windshield and from the blacktop. Now we spend less time driving and more quality time when we're out. This summer for example we hope to spend 4-6 weeks messing around the National and State parks in Calif. Have a felling this may not be long enough the way we get around now days. When we go to the Death Valley 49ers encampment in Nov. We'll go a week before and stay another afterwards. The same with Quartzsite. We have a weeks reservations at the Grand Canyon North Rim begining the 2nd of July. We're only 300 miles away but it might take us a week to get home. So the answer as to miles might not sound like much but expect we'll spend 3-4 months in ours between now and the first of the year. ----Pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 06:59 PM   #35
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
I have put 793 miles since April 3 on my newly purchased '86 Sovereign. The '77 is sitting around waiting for it's polishing job.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 09:40 PM   #36
GreenHorn

Tikihut - looks like we are going in the same direction. We are heading to the Grand Canyon, (zooming through New Mexico first) then we've got a family reunion in CO at the end of the month in June. Then North, North, North!

We'll be looking for you!

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think. ~Chinese Proverb

https://winter.home.texas.net
Prosapio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 07:47 AM   #37
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
schaumburg , confusion
Send a message via AIM to Tikihut
I won't be leaving until late July
Tikihut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 09:23 AM   #38
GreenHorn

Tikihut - well, guess we'll just sweep out the campsites for you before we go! We'll still be traveling in July, I'm not organized enough to know where we'll be. 2 and a half months on the road. Just a taste of full timing, I guess.

Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think. ~Chinese Proverb

https://winter.home.texas.net
Prosapio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 08:44 AM   #39
2 Rivet Member

1989 37' Airstream 370
Beverly Hills , Florida
I'm going from Tampa, FL to Lake Tahoe, CA for 2 months. Anyone have any good itenerary suggestions?

Thanks
Old 07-22-2005, 07:57 PM   #40
2 Rivet Member

4 trips scheduled so for. We didn't buy untill 6/05. Will use the trailer approx 12 times per year. Ricky
rickyandcook is offline   Reply With Quote