Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Community Polls
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Indianapolis , Indiana
Here's the one I dealt with a couple of times. Google gmail's abuse department refuses to suspend this account, and "she" lists this all over craigslist with impunity. I swear, I don't even know why google bothers with their abuse@gmail.com account, it's pointless IMHO.

"Hi ,

Thank you for contacting me about my 1985 Airstream SOVEREIGN 25 that I have for sale. This RV home is in great shape (ONLY 4300 LBS Features: Dinette , Couch , Sleeping Space, Refrigerator and much more ).This is a one owner RV , title is clear. It has no damage, no hidden defects.The interior is very clean and everything works perfectly.I do have the title, clear, under my name.My husband and I divorced last year, after the divorce I was awarded the RV, I don't need it and that's why I'm selling it so cheap.The total price is $1,900 including delivery and handling. It is located in Chicago, IL. I recently moved here after I divorced. We can use Amazon Payments protection program for our safety and for payment I prefer to use a Amazon Payments buyer protection plan. The financial part will be managed by them. Which means that you will have 10 days inspection period before committing to buy the camper a refund policy is included. The deal will go strictly according to Amazon Payments rules and policy. There are no other costs on this transaction through Amazon Payments.

Here are the pictures with the Rv : https://plus.google.com/photos/10723...14093562666417

Let me know if you want to buy it.

Regards,

Michelle Bradshaw"
atheos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:57 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1965 22' Safari
Vassar , Michigan
atheos- That is the exact email and pics I got with my inquire a couple of days ago in Central Michigan area. This was my reply:
WHAT A SCAM! I'M TURNING THIS OVER TO THE MICHIGAN STATE POLICE.
With in 30 minutes the listing was gone from Craigslist in our part of Michigan.

Buyer beware! Only deal face to face.

Everyday is a Saturday
tkasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #23
1 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Indianapolis , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkasten View Post
With in 30 minutes the listing was gone from Craigslist in our part of Michigan.

Buyer beware! Only deal face to face.
It will be back tomorrow, the gmail address is still valid, and the police won't care. Buyer beware is right!
atheos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2012 16' Sport
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Bluffton , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by atheos View Post
Here's the one I dealt with a couple of times. Google gmail's abuse department refuses to suspend this account, and "she" lists this all over craigslist with impunity. I swear, I don't even know why google bothers with their abuse@gmail.com account, it's pointless IMHO.

"Hi ,

Thank you for contacting me about my 1985 Airstream SOVEREIGN 25 that I have for sale. This RV home is in great shape (ONLY 4300 LBS Features: Dinette , Couch , Sleeping Space, Refrigerator and much more ).This is a one owner RV , title is clear. It has no damage, no hidden defects.The interior is very clean and everything works perfectly.I do have the title, clear, under my name.My husband and I divorced last year, after the divorce I was awarded the RV, I don't need it and that's why I'm selling it so cheap.The total price is $1,900 including delivery and handling. It is located in Chicago, IL. I recently moved here after I divorced. We can use Amazon Payments protection program for our safety and for payment I prefer to use a Amazon Payments buyer protection plan. The financial part will be managed by them. Which means that you will have 10 days inspection period before committing to buy the camper a refund policy is included. The deal will go strictly according to Amazon Payments rules and policy. There are no other costs on this transaction through Amazon Payments.

Here are the pictures with the Rv : https://plus.google.com/photos/10723...14093562666417

Let me know if you want to buy it.

Regards,

Michelle Bradshaw"
Very similar to the ad I flagged...except "she" had moved to Nebraska etc, etc...
Mtnlvrs is offline   Reply With Quote