Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1975 Argosy 24
Fullerton , Cali
Hooking Up my 1975 24' Argosy

Hello All,

I'm very new to the RV trailer world and need some help. I have an Argosy and want to be sure I'm hooking her up properly. There is a water tank up front which I do not plan on using since we plan on using only hook up sites. There is a black water dump and right next to it is another line which I assume is for potable water. Am I correct? The reason I ask is it seem to me like a horrible place to put your shower and drinking water line. Also, I had my trailer checked out by C&G and they recommended replacing the city water relief valve. Can anyone tell me where that is located?

I thank you all in advance for the help : )
U3270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:02 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I would think the water hookup near the drain is the black tank flush.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
Quote:
Originally Posted by U3270 View Post

Also, I had my trailer checked out by C&G and they recommended replacing the city water relief valve. Can anyone tell me where that is located?

I thank you all in advance for the help : )
Ours was just about 14 inches from where the line enters the trailer.
It probably looks like the Watts valve in the attached pic.

Bex
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_IGP2748.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	197027  

A wise man once told me he wanted to stay fit enough to run a marathon on his hundredth birthday. Another said he wanted to be shot by a jealous husband on his, I'm with the latter. God bless you Richard.

Carpet Cleaning is what I do, it's not who I am.
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Topping , Virginia
On my 79 Argosy the relief valve is located on the street side rear at the bottom of a closet. It's going to be close to the water inlet. Mine is almost impossible to reach.
tarnished is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:39 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
There was no tank flush connection back in the '70's.
I don't know what the difference is between a '75 and a '74. But the black water dump valve is in the trunk. The grey water dump valve is on the street side just forward of the bumper on my '74 Argosy. The city water connection is above and to the left of the grey water dump valve.
I use an external pressure regulator to prevent high pressure water from entering the system.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #6

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
In my '75 Argosy24 rear bath, the layout is similar to what TG Twinkie described. The dump outlet is inconveniently located in a hole through the frame extension that supports the rear bumper, with the black valve located inside the bumper trunk, the gray valve outside a bit forward of the dump outlet, and the city water connection in between (very close to the dump outlet.) The shape of the bumper combined with the Thetford outlet prevent me from using handy stuff like the clear elbows that let you monitor the wastewater flow, etc. but I've managed.

The regulator and relief valve are inconveniently located in the "dead space" in the aft streetside corner, between the closet and the under-sink cabinet. A very small, skilled, flexible person might be able to replace them without dismantling the cabinetry, but I certainly wouldn't try.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
When I replaced all of the copper tubing with PEX, I removed the so called "drains" along with the internal pressure relief valve and pressure regulator. I use an external regulator as stated above.
I also cut the lower corner of the bumper off to give me the ability to use different combinations of sewer hose connections. Not a whole lot of material had to be removed to gain the flexibility.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote