Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-11-2007, 01:37 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
Argosy Emblems

How many of the emblems are on an Argosy? I have one up front below clearance lights and one in the back between the tailights. There was another emblem laying on the table inside camper when I picked it up, is this extra or does a third emblem go somewhere? Thanks for any help. I have sanded and painted two so far and they look great.

I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Heinlein
mrmossyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:58 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
On the 78 there is one metal name plate on the rear and one up high on the front. Then there are what may be decals or may actually be painted emblems on each side in the front that say "Argosy 24" or whatever the length on your trailer is. If you have a spare, you could probably find an eager buyer. I'd like to see pictures of what you have done with your name plates. I've never made up my mind to take them off and do them "right". The one on the rear of mine is in the stripe and I just painted the whole thing then went over the edges with a sander making the aluminum outline stand out. I like it but my husband wantes it repainted as it was originally, which would mean taking it off the trailer. UGH!
juel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 09:09 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Currently Looking...
Las Cruces , New Mexico
Drill out the 4 rivets on each end name plate and off they come. The side name plates have 2 rivets each. Takes about 4 minutes to get them off and about 4 minutes to put them back. Take a Q-tip supply and some small brushes and use them to paint the outside black and the inside red. Use a razor blade to scrape the top to clean off the inevitable overshots, lightly sand to highlight the aluminum letters, then rivet them back into place. Dab some color on the rivet heads and you are done. They look great repainted. A good winter project that is small and easy to do.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:59 AM   #4
Steven and Susan

1979 Argosy Minuet 7.3 Metre
Carmel , California
Our Minuet has only two emblems; one in front, and one in back.
ajanib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:29 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
I'll post some pics later. I just drilled the rivets out as mentioned and then taped over the front, then shot the edges w/black paint, then pulled tape off and sanded front so metal looks nice, I then painted the inside with a small paintbrush(wiped off any mess ups w/damp sponge and then lightly sanded the top again. They look great, my wife was very impressed. Well it appears I may have an extra emblem as I have three, one was loose inside trailor. If I don't make some type of display with it to hang inside the trailor I will let it be auctioned at the can-opener.

I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Heinlein
mrmossyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:50 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

Belington , West Virginia
My 26 had two as well. Decals on the side that say "Argosy 26."

I did my emblems completely with spray paints. First priming and then painting the entire emblem black. Then covering it completely with wide masking tape and using a razor blade at an angle against the edges, cut out the tape to expose the part to be painted red/orange.

After the red/orange dried, I then block sanded the face to brighten the aluminum and finished it all with a couple of coats of clear. They looked so good I gave myself a nice pat on the back.
RBolton is offline   Reply With Quote